The two JR's (or 3) - what might have been

Pamela_E

administrator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I am just rewatching the final series of original Dallas.

April is dead and we have dream sequence of April bring home her baby Janine Robin Ewing.

I always like to think this was a little tease of what may have happened in reality if Sheree J had not had to leave. Subsequently changing the TNT series where Bobby has a 21 year old daughter.

I think it would have been fun to have John Ross up against Bobby's daughter rather than Christopher. Or the siblings joining forces against John Ross.

Katzman said at the time of JR Returns his biggest regret was killing off April. Cynthia Cidre may well have been pleased as it allowed her to bring in Ann and a host of new characters.

kcmimichar

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Chinatown

April is dead and we have dream sequence of April bring home her baby Janine Robin Ewing.

I always like to think this was a little tease of what may have happened in reality if Sheree J had not had to leave. Subsequently changing the TNT series where Bobby has a 21 year old daughter.

I think it would have been fun to have John Ross up against Bobby's daughter rather than Christopher. Or the siblings joining forces against John Ross.

Katzman said at the time of JR Returns his biggest regret was killing off April. Cynthia Cidre may well have been pleased as it allowed her to bring in Ann and a host of new characters.
I read an interview recently with Sheree Wilson. She had said that she was pregnant and told Katzman to kill April, she wasn't coming back. However, she had regretted it because it meant she couldn't be in the 2 movies or the TNT version. She also had said that she and Larry were thinking of a way for her to appear on the new show. A twin situation was a possibility, but then Larry died.

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
She also had said that she and Larry were thinking of a way for her to appear on the new show
Sorry to burst Larry's bubble here, but I don't think he had that much clout with TNT Dallas like he did with Lorimar Dallas. The very thought of April's long lost twin sister popping up would have had old-timers scurrying for their vomit bags. I am surprised however the high priestess of plot writing didn't pull that one out of her delicious bag of tricks. Perish the thought.

kcmimichar

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Chinatown
Sorry to burst Larry's bubble here, but I don't think he had that much clout with TNT Dallas like he did with Lorimar Dallas. The very thought of April's long lost twin sister popping up would have had old-timers scurrying for their vomit bags. I am surprised however the high priestess of plot writing didn't pull that one out of her delicious bag of tricks. Perish the thought.
Well he was responsible for Lee Majors coming to TNT Dallas; Lee said that. The twin idea was a suggestion;they were thinking of other ideas.

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Interesting possibilities. Or they might just have ignored Janine the same way they ignored Lucas.

Pamela_E

administrator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Well he was responsible for Lee Majors coming to TNT Dallas; Lee said that. The twin idea was a suggestion;they were thinking of other ideas.

The time to do it was JR Returns, the show had done some crazy things so would April being alive be such an issue?

I would have had her already back for years with them having a child.

Witness protection is always a good excuse, plus the weirdness of Bobby burying her in Paris gives it some form of explanation. :D

I would gave accepted that just to have her back.

Although on the flipside I think Ann in New Dallas helped expand the world which April could not have done.

stevew

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards

I think it would have been more fun to see her join forces against her brother with John Ross leaving Bobby in the middle.

Luke_Krebbs_Ewing

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy

It's a plotline that even Daffy Duck the Cyntax TNT Dallas's Executive Story Consultant wouldn't even have entertained!

Mind you Daffy did have some excellent story idea's, just a shame Cidre changed them for her own ends.

She was a quack after all though! :)

Daffy Duck 1.jpg

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
I read an interview recently with Sheree Wilson. She had said that she was pregnant and told Katzman to kill April, she wasn't coming back. However, she had regretted it because it meant she couldn't be in the 2 movies or the TNT version. She also had said that she and Larry were thinking of a way for her to appear on the new show. A twin situation was a possibility, but then Larry died.
Reportedly, also Audrey Landers recently revealed on a YT interview that they had something for Afton and JR that was aborted because of his death. I don´t know why but this got me interested. It´s like Sly showing up at the funeral. Possibilities that almost happened.

kcmimichar

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Chinatown
Reportedly, also Audrey Landers recently revealed on a YT interview that they had something for Afton and JR that was aborted because of his death. I don´t know why but this got me interested. It´s like Sly showing up at the funeral. Possibilities that almost happened.
I'm sure there were a lot of things they were thinking of. Linda said Cynthia was going to have JR and Sue Ellen get back together too. All these things should have been done in season one knowing that Larry's health was failing.

Luke_Krebbs_Ewing

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
I'm sure there were a lot of things they were thinking of. Linda said Cynthia was going to have JR and Sue Ellen get back together too. All these things should have been done in season one knowing that Larry's health was failing.

Yeah, this is why I dismiss the Cyntax Dallas as not being true to the Lorimar series which preceded it. :)