World Cup Qualification Round The World Cup of 80s Prime Time Soap Characters Qualification

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards

Last edited:

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards

To clarify the information in the poster in my previous post.

This round is to select the final 2 characters to join the 30 who have already qualified for the knockout stages of the World Cup.

Please select the THREE characters from the following list that you would like be part of the World Cup.

Lilimae Clements (Knots Landing)
Sammy Jo Dean (Dynasty)
Miles Colby (The Colbys)
Lute-Mae Saunders (Flamingo Road)
Julia Cumson (Falcon Crest)
Jock Ewing (Dallas)

List your choices in order of preference. You can give reasons for your vote which might help others with their choices but this is entirely optional, it's absolutely fine just to give the names.

Although you have 3 votes only the TWO characters with the most votes will go through.

This week's vote will end at midnight on Sunday 2nd September 2018.

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
1. Lute-Mae Saunders - Such a great character and the heart of Flamingo Road. You could say she was a tart with a heart. She seemed to run a brothel in Flamingo Road although it was never explicitly said in the series. Fiercely loyal to her friends, including hiding that she was Constance's birth mother. Also, I'd like more Flamingo Road representation in the knockout rounds.

2. Julia Cumson - One of the most brilliantly entertaining characters in any of the soaps. She had a central role in one of the best TV cliffhangers of all time when she shot Jacqueline and also in one of the saddest scenes ever when she died in the spring house.

3. Jock Ewing - He's Jock Ewing, he doesn't require any further explanation.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Oops, I accidentally posted another Miles Colby picture.

Of course I wouldn't dare to suggest that anyone should update his or her top 3.
All I'm saying is there'll be hell to pay if Miles doesn't win:)

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
Can i just vote for 2

1. Jock Ewing
2 Lute Mae Saunders

Yes absolutely. I expect this might happen more when we get to the knock out rounds as some people may have not watched all the soaps and so will have no opinion on certain characters.