K

Karin Schill

1. Beverly Hills 90210
2. Desperate Housewives
3. The Colbys
4. Titans
5. All my children
6. The bold and the beautiful

P.s. I considered voting for Army Wives which if I would rank the shows after how good they are I would rank as second after 90210 but since nobody has voted for that show it is useless since it won't make the cut so I voted for another show instead. However for anyone who hasn't seen army wives and want to watch a great show I can highly recommend it. :) d.s.

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
1. Melrose Place

2. Beverly Hills 90210

3. Central Park West

4. Savannah

5. Days of Our Lives

Last edited:

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
5. 2000 Malibu Road
I'm afraid I can't include your vote for this show as nobody nominated it. Your other 4 votes are valid and you may vote for another vote soap to replace 2000 Malibu Road should you wish to do so.

James from London

International Treasure
LV

Reaction score
Awards
1. THE YELLOW ROSE - the best-kept secret of the Soap Land '80s.

2. THE COLBYS - DYNASTY but more so, with Jason and Sable ranking alongside JR and Sue Ellen, Den and Angie, and Bobby and Sheila as one of the most compellingly combustible married couples of the Soap Land era.

3. FLAMINGO ROAD - contains arguably Soap Land's finest array of shits and villains: Claude, Field, Constance, Titus and the utterly demonic Michael Tyrone.

4. DARK SHADOWS

5. EDGE OF THE NIGHT - I've never seen it but it sounds fascinating, Plus a young Larry Hagman!

6. THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS - the one US daytime soap that managed to get under my skin when it was shown by UK Living in the mid-nineties. And that theme tune didn't hurt.

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards

The folks at the Yellow Rose are correct. Vote for the US soap operas you would like to go through to the knockout stages of the World Cup by midday tomorrow when the poll closes.

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
The poll is now closed and the votes have been counted and verified. The 6 US soap operas that qualified for the World Cup finals are as follows:

The Colbys - 44 points
Flamingo Road - 34 points
Melrose Place - 26 points
Desperate Housewives - 20 points
Central Park West - 18 points
Savannah - 18 points

The line up of US soap operas for the main game is now complete: Central Park West, The Colbys, Dallas, Desperate Housewives, Dynasty, Falcon Crest, Flamingo Road, General Hospital, Knots Landing, Melrose Place, Peyton Place and Savannah.

Thanks to everyone who nominated and voted in this round. Details of the next qualification round (Australian soap operas) will be posted tomorrow.

K

Karin Schill

Too bad Beverly Hills 90210 didn't make the cut. I guess it fell short of a point or two. But it had some pretty stiff competition. Not surprised to see that The Colby's got most points. :)

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
Too bad Beverly Hills 90210 didn't make the cut. I guess it fell short of a point or two. But it had some pretty stiff competition. Not surprised to see that The Colby's got most points. :)
You're correct @Karin Schill, Beverly Hills 90210 got 17 points so missed the cut by just one point. The next places were Revenge and Titans, both with 16 points.