• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Ray&Donna

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Sorry for the lack of recent updates! I have been pretty sick, off and on, since I began this round of cancer treatments :(

June 12, 1989

The limousine arrived and he held the front door open for her as they walked outside. Each one admired the other as they stood on the sidewalk: Donna couldn’t help but think how handsome Ray always looked when dressed in a tuxedo, and Ray thought that time had only made Donna more beautiful, and her beauty was heightened on a night like this. They climbed inside and the driver took them on their way. The city seemed as though it had turned on all its lights just a little brighter than usual for the occasion, and the night was made just for them. Ray took Donna to a restaurant where she didn’t think she had ever been before. She wasn’t sure how he had found this place but the food and the music created a romantic ambience that seemed to envelop them as they moved around the dance floor following dinner.

Donna smiled at him as he held her tight. “I’d forgotten what a good dancer you are.”

“Well thank you. I’m out of practice, but I’m trying hard not to step on your feet.”

She laughed. God, her laugh drove him crazy. He held her as they moved around the dance floor, probably closer than he should have, but she didn’t pull away. Was he crazy to think that she felt the same way he did?

She moved with him as he held her close, knowing in her mind that she should pull away but not daring to. Being with him these past few days had made her feel alive again, had awakened the spark in her that only he could. She knew that she wanted to be with him again, just the way she always had. She thought about crying as she realized how complicated things were, but he began to nuzzle her ear with his face and any apprehensions left her mind. The song stopped and he looked deep into her eyes. He pulled her close to him again and kissed her; kissed her in a way that expressed all of the feelings they both had but couldn’t put into words. She reacquainted herself with his taste, his smell, his touch. He looked almost contrite afterward but she placed a finger to his lips and smiled. They kept dancing into the evening, holding each other, not needing to say a word, each finally sure of how the other felt.

They arrived back at the townhouse that evening around eleven. Donna sent the nanny home and then she and Ray went up to say goodnight to Margaret together. She was asleep, and they smiled as they stood there and watched her for a moment. Donna closed the door behind them and they went upstairs to his room. Ray’s heart was racing—he fully intended to say goodnight to her but wasn’t sure he could. He opened the door and turned around to face her. “Shh,” she said. “Don’t say anything.” She kissed him lightly at first. She pulled back and stared into his eyes—they always made her feel safe, even when he was unsure of himself.

She began to undo his tie. He placed his mouth on hers and she could feel the intensity of his kiss. She then unbuttoned his shirt, running her hands over his chest, which was still as firm under her touch as it had ever been. She pushed the shirt off his shoulders and to the floor. As she began to undo his belt she felt his hands unzip her dress. She pushed his pants to the floor and then stood there as he undid her dress and pushed it in the same direction. He began to kiss her again, laying her body across the bed. He moved his hands slowly over her, reacquainting himself with the curves and shape of her body. He lay on top of her and began to kiss her soft skin. The touch of his lips in places he hadn’t forgotten set her skin on fire. She kissed his chest, taking in his scent and stroking his skin with the tips of her fingers as they lay there. They were now completely undressed and their bodies ached for one other. He entered her slowly and their mouths came together passionately. She pressed her hands into his skin, holding onto him in her own way, a way to him that felt soft and yet eager. She moaned his name into his ear and she could tell from his heavy breathing that it would be over all too soon. She moved with him, rhythmically, and they sped up their pace until they erupted in a furious climax. It took a moment for each of them to catch their breaths, exhausted from the intensity and heat of the moment. After a few minutes they still lay there, intertwined. He kissed her and caressed her face with his hand. Whatever they had just done, even if it was wrong, didn’t feel wrong at that moment. He held her close to him, bare flesh next to bare flesh, all through the night as they fell asleep.

Ray&Donna

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
June 13, 1989

Donna sat in her robe the next morning, staring out the window. She thought about leaving during the night but she hadn’t wanted to leave his embrace. At her regular time to check on Margaret she had gone to her room to look in on her. She was still asleep, so Donna went back upstairs and waited for Ray to awaken. He had a contented look on his face; she had always loved to watch him sleep, wondering what he was dreaming about. She turned her attention from him back to staring out the window. The sun was out and already shining down the street, reflecting off the windows as its rays danced along the cloudless sky.

She heard him stir. He opened his eyes and saw her. She smiled at him as he got up from the bed. He felt funny being naked in front of her, but he wasn’t sure why. He put on his robe and tied it. He went over and sat beside her.

She took his right hand and placed it between hers. “You look like you slept well.”

“I did. It was nice to be with you again.”

“It was nice, wasn’t it?” She searched for the words she needed. “I think we need to talk.”

“Okay,” he said.

“Ray, it was wrong…”

He interrupted her. “I know it was wrong, but it didn’t feel wrong to me. It felt like the way things should be, the way it always used to be and could be again.”

She smiled at him again. “Let me finish. I know it was wrong, but I’ve decided that I love you too much for us to not be together. I want to find a way to work this out. I know my marriage isn’t salvageable. I don’t know if yours is or not. But I love you, and I think I always will, no matter what you decide.” She kissed him. “Look, I need to go get dressed and fix something to eat. I’ll see you downstairs, okay?”

“Okay,” he said again. She left him, not knowing what impact her words had made but hoping for the best.

He thought about her and what she had said the whole time he was in the shower, getting dressed, pacing the floor, and finally in the elevator to go downstairs. He realized his marriage was a mistake, one he regretted more and more each day. He went into the kitchen where Donna stood at the sink while Margaret was eating. He kissed his daughter good morning and then watched her mother for a moment. Even dressed simply she still looked elegant, beautiful, and she took his breath away. He went over and put his arm around her, but was careful to conceal what he was doing from Margaret—no sense confusing the child just yet, he thought.

“I thought about what you said,” he whispered in her ear.

“Oh?”

“Yes—I’ve decided that I want to be with you again. Even if we have to wait a while, it will be worth it.”

Margaret started making noise from her high chair. “Looks like somebody is ready for playtime.” Donna unfastened her from the chair and took her to the den to play. She came back and smiled at Ray.

“I’m glad you feel that way.” She came over to him and they embraced. She kissed him on the cheek. “I didn’t think I’d ever get to touch you again,” she said in his ear. “I wasn’t sure you’d even want me to.”

He kissed her, long and deep. “You know I never stopped loving you. I just thought that part of my life was over for good.”

“It’ll never be over as long as we feel the same way we do right now.”

“Tomorrow is going to be our last day together for a long time. I think we should try to make it special.”

“What do you suggest, Mr. Krebbs?”

“Well, I wanna take you and our daughter someplace nice and just spend the whole day together.”

“I think I’d like that—and I know she would. What if we go down to the river and sit for a while in the park? Might sound kind of silly but I’m sure Margaret would like to feed the ducks.”

“Okay,” he said. He smiled and kissed her again. “Let’s go spend some time with her now—I’m going to miss getting to see her when I leave.”

They walked hand-in-hand to the den, where Margaret sat in the floor. They spent the rest of the day together, the awkwardness completely gone. They were as comfortable with each other now as they ever were before and maybe even more so because time had changed them.

They lay in bed together that night, after they had made love again, together as one. He held her close to him, listening to her soft breathing as she slept, taking in the aroma of her hair. Her breathing lulled him to sleep, where he dreamed of the day they’d be back in Texas, under the wide open skies again.

Ray&Donna

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
June 14, 1989

The next day they slept late; Donna had turned on the intercom in case Margaret woke up in the night, but she didn’t. Donna finally awoke to the feel of Ray’s hand sliding gently over her arm.

“You awake?” he asked.

She laughed. “I am now.” He put his arms around her and she turned over so she was facing him. He gave her that wonderfully reassuring look as he examined her face. She traced the regions of his chest with her index finger. “It was nice of you to let me sleep so late.”

“Yeah, it’s easier for me to sleep late if I don’t have hay to bale or a bunch of steers to move.”

She looked into his eyes. “Is that what you want to do? Go back to Texas and work the ranch again?”

“Yeah, I think I do.” She smiled at him as she saw his eyes light up.

“You know that brick house we used to live in?” She nodded at him. “It’s been empty these past few years. I was thinking I could fix it up, build a barn behind the house, run some horses out there. It would be nice to live there again.”

“I always loved that house. To me, the house was you and I never wanted to be anywhere else.”

“So you would be more likely to come out there and join me if I lived in that house?”

“I’d join you if you lived in a shack. Well, the shack would at least have to have a kitchen.” They laughed together. She kissed him, and they missed breakfast that morning.

Donna sat downstairs feeding Margaret as Ray began to pack up some of his things. As soon as he came downstairs they headed out the door and drove down to the river. The Potomac moved back and forth gently as they watched it from a bench; Margaret sat between them and played with a toy they had picked up at the Smithsonian earlier that week.

“Did you ever think you’d be here, Ray?” Donna looked at him thoughtfully.

“No, I sure didn’t. I mean, I thought you might run for office someday and come here, but I didn’t know how that would work. Sure is a beautiful place. It’s not Texas, but I like it.” He gave her a wink.

“I’ve lived here twice now, but I still miss being home. I guess we’re lucky to have lived in a place that makes you want to go back.”

“Place don’t matter unless you’ve got someone to share it with.” He smiled at her and put his hand on her shoulder.

She placed her hand over his. “You know, I think you should add some bedrooms to your house, just in case you need more space. I’m just saying.”

He gave her a toothy grin. “That’s not a bad idea. I guess there will be plenty of time for all that when I get back there. I should probably call and let Miss Ellie know before I come.”

“No, I think you should surprise her. Keep it a secret.”

“Okay. I know she wouldn’t mind putting me up for a few days.”

“I’ll be sure to let her know that you’re a model houseguest. You even do your own laundry.”

He laughed. “You looked like you could use the help.”

“You’re too thoughtful.” She looked down at Margaret. “Let’s take a walk along the river. I think this one is starting to get restless.”

On the contrary—as they walked along the river, Margaret became sleepy and conked out on Ray’s shoulder once again. He and Donna then walked hand-in-hand.

“Looks like that’s become her favorite place to sleep. She’ll have you wrapped around her finger pretty soon.”

“Too late,” he replied. They walked in silence for a few minutes, enjoying the time they had left and how special it was. He wanted to say something but didn’t know quite how to put it.

“I love you,” he said. They stopped and she stared at him.

“I love you, too.”

“You know I was thinking—I wish I could make tonight last forever. It’s going to be a while before I’ll see you again.”

Donna gave him a look, one she knew he’d understand. “I’ll try to leave you with something that will last you a while.”

“It’s going to be hard for me to leave.”

She squeezed his hand. “Did you think I’d let you leave without a goodbye kiss?”

“No, of course not, I just wanted to see how you felt about it.”

“Your leaving won’t be easy for me, either, but I’ll manage.” She kissed him. “Are you finished packing for tomorrow?”

“Of course. I just need you to carry it all downstairs for me.”

“Ha-ha,” she said. “Last time I checked you were stronger than me.”

“It was worth a try.”

“It sure was, cowboy.” They walked along the path, the winds of change blowing across them as they moved toward the afternoon sun.

June 14, 1989

Dinner was done and Margaret was safely tucked in bed. Ray and Donna were spending their final evening together in the den, talking about the future and how they would be together when everything was sorted out. Eventually she had to go load the dishwasher and he helped; they found joy in each other’s company, no matter how monotonous the task. He went upstairs to get ready for bed, hoping that she would join him soon enough.

She knocked on his door, having already stopped by her own room on the way upstairs. “I’m coming,” she heard him say on the other side. He opened it and stared at her. She looked him up and down. He was wearing nothing but a towel. “I was just getting ready to hop in the shower,” he explained.

“I thinking about what you said—and I want you to remember this night until next year. I would’ve come up here anyway, but I guess it should be special, right?”

“Special,” he repeated.

He undid her robe and let it fall to the floor, to find she was wearing nothing underneath. He buried his face in her neck, nuzzling her smooth skin. She laughed as he kissed his way up her neck and to her mouth. He smiled at her for a moment and then began to kiss her, a kiss full of renewed love and life. She pulled off his towel as they fell on the bed together. She made magic with her hands as he kissed the places on her body where only he knew to kiss. He glided inside of her and they began to move together, slowly at first, keeping the moment at bay. She rolled him over so that she was on top, and he let her take control for a while. She moved over him, exploring his mouth with her tongue. She kissed his neck and chest, softly, and then let him know that she was ready for him to lead again. He placed her on her back and began to increase his pace as she whispered his name and how much she loved him in his ear. He neared his threshold and they erupted together, the ecstasy overcoming them as they held each other close. They continued scaling new heights of passion until they fell asleep, tangled up in each other as the night washed over them.

K

Karin Schill

I'm sorry to hear that the cancer treatment has made you feel so sick Tommie. :(
I hope you will feel better soon! :hb:

Great updates on your story. :)
I was not surprised that Donna and Ray ended up in bed after their date. I mean they've both cheated on their spouses before and of course they should never have gotten divorced in the first place. So yeah it was good to see them realizing their mistakes and that they wanted to be together. Somehow I don't think Jenna's going to be as happy when she finds out that Ray wants to divorce her...

Mrs Bobby James Ewing

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Tommie, I hope you begin to feel better soon. :) Great updates.:) I still enjoy reading your story and I can't wait to find out how Jenna and Andrew are going react to the news that Ray and Donna want to divorce them so they can reunite with their daughter Margaret because they are still in love with each other since they never should have gotten a divorce to begin with. :):(

Ray&Donna

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
June 15, 1989

He kissed her forehead as he brushed the hair away from her face. She stirred, still a bit weary from the night before. He kissed her eyes and she opened them. Through the early-morning gauze she smiled at him; as soon as his face came into focus she placed her hand on his cheek and pulled him close to her, kissing him. She laughed a little as he nibbled on her lip.

“It’s a shame you have to leave today. I could get used to this,” she said.

“I hope you still feel the same way next year.”

“I think I will.”

“Besides, if I don’t go home I can’t get things sorted out. I have a few memories to pack up—a few things Jock gave me, mementos of you and me, but other than that it’s not much.”

She smiled at him. “You always were a simple man—that’s one of the things that attracted me to you. You didn’t care about money; you just wanted to be yourself and have the kind of life you deserved.”

He kissed her again. “I didn’t think I deserved someone like you.”

She ran her hand through his hair. “You were wrong—any woman would be lucky to have you, and I was just lucky enough for it to be me.” He smiled as she left kisses on the side of his face and neck.

“When is my flight again?”

“At noon.”

“We still have plenty of time then.” She laughed and pulled the sheet over them as he began to do more than kiss her.

Donna held Ray’s hand as they walked through the terminal. He held Margaret on his other side as she drifted in and out of sleep.

“Do you think I could stow her in that suitcase with me and take her away for a while?”

Donna looked at the suitcase in her hand. “I think she might fit, but she’s never been out of the country before and I’d miss her.”

“Never hurts to ask, does it?”

“No, it doesn’t.” She smiled at him. “How about we take her somewhere next year? She’ll be older by then and it will be easier to travel.”

“Sounds good. But what if I want to have you all to myself?”

“She’ll also be old enough to leave with Miss Ellie.”

They arrived at his gate and stood there, neither of them knowing quite how to say goodbye. Over the past week they had managed to overcome two broken hearts and renew their love for each other. He pulled her to him and kissed her, in a way that showed her his feelings were real and that she needn’t worry about the future. He pulled away hesitantly. He kissed the sleeping Margaret on the cheek. “I’m going to miss you, munchkin.” Donna noticed a single tear roll down his cheek.

“Look, Ray, if you ever need to talk you can always call. I’ll be there for you even if I can’t literally be there for you.”

“I must’ve done something good to get you to be mine again.”

“You were just yourself. Listen, you take care—I wanna see you just like this when I come to Texas next year.”

“I will.” He kissed her again. “Well, it’s time for me to get on the plane.”

“So it is. I love you, Ray.”

“I love you, Donna.” He turned to go. Donna held Margaret and watched him as he walked away from them. Suddenly he turned around. Smiling at her, he raised his hand to wave. She smiled and waved back, laughing through her tears. He turned again and she watched him as he handed the attendant his boarding pass and entered the jet way. She took Margaret and she sat down near the window. As Margaret slept, her father’s plane taxied down the runway and took off. Donna watched the plane as it disappeared into the clouds. She wiped her face and she and Margaret headed home, where their waiting game would begin.

June 15, 1989

Donna was going through Ray’s room that evening trying to straighten it up. She wanted to make sure he hadn’t forgotten anything, though she knew he hadn’t. Margaret was asleep downstairs and for that reason Donna had no reason to rush through her job. She sat on the bed and noticed that the nightstand drawer was ajar. She opened it up and saw a package wrapped simply. It had no label but only one person could have left it there, and it could only be for her. She slid her fingernail across the paper and pulled out what was inside. She ran her hand over it and began to cry when she realized it was her and Ray’s wedding picture, which had sat in their brick house what seemed like a lifetime ago. Their faces had more lines in them now but their love had remained the same. Her hand ran across an envelope taped to the back. She looked at it and saw her name written in Ray’s handwriting. She opened the envelope and pulled out the letter. She began to read his words, silently, to herself.

Dear Donna,

It’s hard for me to leave you knowing that we have to be apart again. You gave me my life back, and you made me feel alive again. Until the day we’re together again I won’t think about anything but you and the love we’ve made together. I’m ready to spend the rest of our lives together, and be the kind of man for you that I always should have been. I love you.

Ray

She folded the letter, crying not because she missed him but tears of joy. She finished making up the guest room, though she didn’t figure it would be used again anytime soon. She took the frame and the letter and placed them in her hope chest, where they would be saved for a later date.

She went to Margaret’s room and sat near her bed—she was asleep but Donna couldn’t stand to be alone right now. She wondered how long it would take for Ray to get home and what was waiting for him when he got there. She had never missed anyone this much in her life. She knew that in the months to come she would have to put this week out of her mind and go back to her former life, not completely but at least superficially. She wondered if she could do it.

Ray sat on the plane and stared out the window. The only thing that was keeping him going was the knowledge that this was the last trip he’d ever have to make over there; this time next month he’d be back in Texas. He tried not to have any regrets now that he was going to begin his life all over again—a fresh start with the woman he loved. This week had given back him his will to live, his reason for being, a purpose he had forgotten he had. He saw Donna’s face in every cloud and heard Margaret’s voice in the sound of every child on the plane. Life had brought them back together, and he couldn’t wait for them all to be home again.

K

Karin Schill

Great to see you back on the board Tommie. Thanks for the update. :hat:
I really enjoyed reading it. There's something bittersweet about them saying goodbye. Love the detail about how he left the wedding photo for her to find with the note. I'll look forward to find out how Jenna reacts to the news that Ray wants to divorce her!

Ray&Donna

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
November 15, 1989

Ray had moved back to Texas as soon as he filed for divorce. He left no trace of himself in Switzerland and severed all ties with the people living there. Miss Ellie welcomed him home with open arms and he spent his days out on the ranch, herding cattle and working on his house. When he watched the sun come up in the morning, he knew could never leave this place again. So for now he waited, lonely for her but content in his surroundings and his hopes for the future.

In the months following Ray’s departure Donna threw herself into the political scene and watched as Andrew was re-elected by a sizeable margin. They began to meet with a lawyer, agreeing to part amicably. He knew where her heart was and gave her his blessing to leave as soon as the legalities were sorted out. Donna felt fortunate to have spent this time with such a kind and understanding man even though it hadn’t worked out. It felt good for her to be following her heart again, and with each passing day she longed for him, knowing that their love could survive any distance.

Needing to hear his voice she called Southfork that evening. She was glad to find a familiar voice at the other end of the line.

“Hello?”

“Hello Miss Ellie. It’s Donna.”

“Hello Donna,” she said warmly. “How are you?”

“I’m doing well.”

“Still taking good care of my grandchild, I hope?”

“Of course--she gets bigger and more rambunctious with each day.”

“That’s good. I hear you’ll be back to see us soon. I hope you don’t mind Ray telling me.”

“No, not at all, ma’am. I’ll be back after the first of the year.”

“I’m looking forward to it.”

“So am I. Could I speak with Ray?”

“Of course you can. He’s still upstairs. He, Bobby and Clayton spent all day out on the range. He really loves being back here.”

“I’m so glad to hear that.”

“I’ll yell at him to pick up the phone, okay?”

“Thank you, Miss Ellie. It was great to hear from you again.”

“You too. Bye, Donna.”

“Bye.”

She waited as Miss Ellie placed the receiver down on the table. In a moment Donna heard Ray’s voice on the line.

“Hello?”

“Hey you.”

“Hi Donna.” He smiled to himself, happier than he could imagine to be hearing her voice. “I love you.”

She laughed. “At least we got that out of the way. What are you doing?”

“I just hopped out of the shower. We were out on a cattle drive today, and it helped me take my mind off everything except you.”

“I wish I was there to clean the hay off you myself.”

A naughty grin came across his face as he laughed. “I’ll be sure to go out and get good and dirty the day I know you’re coming.”

“You do that.” She smiled to herself, knowing he was probably doing the same thing. “Did you get the pictures I sent?”

“Yeah. Margaret looked sweet. You looked real nice, too.”

“Well you’re not gonna believe this, but after you left she begged me to take her to the Reflecting Pool every other day. It was a nice place to visit for the both of us.”

“It was a nice way for me to see the two of you. I’d come visit but I don’t want to complicate things.”

“It’s okay—I was just missing you, that’s all. It was good to hear your voice again.”

“It’s always good to hear from you—even better to see you. I guess I’d better go get dressed for dinner.”

“Mr. Krebbs, you’re putting bad thoughts in my mind,” she said with a laugh. “I love you, Ray.”

“I love you. Give Margaret a kiss for me—and take this one for yourself.” He made a kissing noise into the receiver.

“Thank you. I’ll owe you one the next time I see you. Goodnight, Ray.”

“Goodnight.” She waited for him to hang up before she placed the phone back in its cradle.

That night she dreamed that she was holding him in her arms again, tighter than she ever had before. His face was so vivid and his touch seemed almost real.

Ray&Donna

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
More from the story! :)

January 17, 1990

Ray was sitting in his living room that night when he heard a car pull into the drive. He went to the sliding glass door and looked out, seeing a taxi. In the dusk he could barely make out a figure. The cab pulled away and he stepped outside the door. As the figure came closer to him he quickly realized who it was. He smiled at her and she wrapped her arms around him, pulling him into a kiss. They lingered on it, neither wanting the moment to end just yet. He could feel her hair in his hands, and he wanted to remember everything about her and the way he felt in this moment. Finally they pulled apart, but he kept her hand cradled in his. She used her free hand to stroke his face.

“I thought you were going to call before you came and have me come to the airport,” he said.

“I thought I’d surprise you,” she said with a smile.

“It’s a nice surprise.” He finally realized someone was missing. “Where’s Margaret?”

“When I called and told Miss Ellie I was coming she asked if she could keep Margaret tonight. I told her yes.”

“She’s very thoughtful.”

“Yes she is. So, are you going to show me around the new-old house?”

He smiled. “Yeah, of course--come on in.” He placed his hand on the small of her back and guided her inside the familiar entrance. He closed the door behind them as she stepped inside. The interior had been completely re-done but it was still simple, not at all flashy, just like Ray. “It looks great,” she said as she admired his hard work. “Just great.”

“Wait till you see what else I did. We added two new bedrooms and an office, just in case you ever wanted to work from home. I’ll show you the new horse barn tomorrow. We started on it last month but it probably won’t be done until spring comes.”

“Sounds like you’ve been keeping busy.”

“Well, I had to do something to work off all this energy. Being without you nearly drove me crazy.”

She turned and pressed herself against him. “Ray, there were days when I would think about you and I didn’t know how I would make it without seeing you. Every time I’d look at Margaret and see her smile I’d think about you and how it was for us together that week, and how it could be that way all time. I’d try to do anything else to get it off my mind.” She looked deep into his eyes, seeing the real him, the only one she’d ever wanted and the one she’d missed for so long.

“I had to take a cold shower once or twice,” he said, lightening the mood for a moment.

They both laughed. “No more of those for you, I’m happy to say.” She rubbed her hands over his chest and kissed him again.

He held her close to him, not wanting to let go. “So, do you need anything to eat?”

“No, I’m fine. Maybe later but now I just want to be with you.” They kissed again and he removed her jacket, hanging it on the coat rack. She took his hand gently and pulled him toward the bedroom. Even if she hadn’t been in this house in nearly four years, she hadn’t forgotten where it was.

Inside the bedroom, they began to undress each other slowly, lingering on every touch and movement as if it were brand new. Unburdened by any barriers he laid her down on the bed and began to use his mouth to reacquaint himself with her familiar spots. He kissed his way up her neck, on her chin and finally her lips as he pulled even with her. She moved her tongue over his lips as she caressed his back with her hands. He quivered as she ran the tip of her index finger down the length of his spine--she was the only one who ever knew how to touch him this way. She used her hands to massage his arms and shoulders, bringing him to the edge with her touch before he was even inside her. As his flesh mingled with hers she could feel herself yearn for him, and they both knew they had waited long enough. He slipped inside of her slowly, and they began to move together in a rhythm. Time hadn’t dimmed their feelings for each other, and it reminded the both of them the first time they had ever made love in this very room, after another long separation. Now they moved together with the same heat for each other, the silence punctuated only by their breathing, and each of them knowing what the other wanted. He moved in and out of her, gradually quickening his pace as she wrapped herself around him. She pulled him close to her one last time as they came together, feeling each other’s release and kissing one last time as it all came to an end. They lay clasped together, staring into each other’s eyes and reveling in the moment. Renewing their passion was the next step on the road to forever for them.

After a long silence Ray finally brought himself to say something.

“Welcome home, Mrs. Krebbs.”

She smiled at him. “It’s good to be home.” She pressed her lips to his and showed him again why they belonged together, in this house, for the rest of their lives.

Mrs Bobby James Ewing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
Great updates Ray and Donna. :) I still enjoy reading your story and I am so happy that Ray and Donna are finally back together at their brick house where they belong. :)

Last edited:

Ray&Donna

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The final entry in this particular story! Thanks to everyone who read, commented, gave feedback, or simply lurked in the background ;)

December 1, 1990

Ray held Donna’s hand as she sat in the hospital bed. It was hard for them to believe how much things had changed for them this past year and a half. They smiled at each other, hoping and praying that this hadn’t all been just a fantasy and that they were really here right now. He leaned over to give her a kiss and she pulled him close to her with her free hand. She smiled at him as he pulled away.

“I love you,” she said.

“I love you too, Donna.”

The door opened and a nurse came in. In her arms was a bundle wrapped in a blue blanket.

“I thought you’d want to spend some more time with your son. We’ve checked him out and he’s a wonderful, healthy little boy.”

She handed him to Ray, who held him close to Donna. She left so they could be alone as a family.

“Michael Raymond Krebbs--our son.”

“I think he’s got your eyes,” she said

He smiled at her. “I was just going to say the same thing to you. He’s beautiful.” He felt a tear form in the corner of his eye, and he brought the baby close to his face, kissing him on the forehead. “Would you like to hold your son now?”

“I would.” He handed the baby to Donna gently, and she cradled his small body next to her. She pulled back the blanket so she could see his face. “Hey there, baby Krebbs. You know, Ray, he has that same expression you do when you’re asleep.” Ray laughed. “Just think, before long daddy will be teaching you how to ride a horse and Grandma Ellie will be wanting to keep you overnight, and Grandpa Clayton will be wanting to take you out to his refinery. But for now, you’re all mine.”

The door opened and Margaret, who had been waiting in the hallway with Miss Ellie and the rest of the family, came running in. Ray bent down to catch her and brought her up in his arms. She gave him a kiss of the cheek and he held her at his side so she could see Donna and the new person she had with her.

“This is your brother, Michael,” Ray explained.

“My brother,” she said.

“Yes, honey,” Donna said. “Would you like to say hello to him?”

Ray sat her down on the bed, and Donna put her right arm around her daughter as she cradled her son with her left.

“Hi, Mike,” she said. Ray and Donna laughed. He stirred slightly as Margaret tried to play with his tiny hand. “I like him,” she said. They spent the day together as a family, interrupted only by others coming by to see the baby or nurses coming to check on him. Whenever he got the chance, Ray would try to catch Donna’s eye and give her a look, one that would let her know that he was here for her, at long last, and that he would always be the kind of man she deserved. She smiled at him, thinking how lucky she was to have him in her life and that all of their problems were behind them, and the only thing in front of them was the rest of their lives. They no longer had to be silent about their love for one another or hide their feelings from the rest of the world. They were together, just the way it was always meant to be.

They lay in bed the next night, face-to-face. Margaret was asleep in her room and Michael lay sleeping in his crib.

“Ray, I love you. I just want to be here with you, and nowhere else,” Donna said. She pulled him close to her, close enough that she could feel him breathe.

He looked deep into her eyes, seeing himself reflected in the pools of blue. “I know I haven’t always been perfect, and I can’t promise I’ll always say all the right things in the future, but I can promise you one thing—until I draw my last breath, I’ll never leave you again. My place will always be with you.”

She kissed him, softly. "I love being able to say your name every night before you go to sleep and first thing in the morning when you wake up. I want you to always be honest with me and know that I love you, unconditionally."

He smiled at her. “I will. You know, that’s when you’re your most beautiful—first thing in the morning when you wake up, and I hear you whisper my name across the pillow.”

“Enough with the sappy lines,” she said. “Show me again why I love you so much and why I’m here with you.”

He slipped the robe she was wearing gently off her shoulder and placed a kiss there, as they set the Texas night on fire with their own brand of heat.

K

Karin Schill

Somehow I thought this story would last longer. :(
But considering that you skipped all the scenes with potential conflict (Ray telling Jenna it's over etc) and focused only on Ray and Donna's scenes together I am not surprised that the story ended here. I love the happy ending though. It was sweet how Ray and Donna had another child. :)

So well good job on your story. I've enjoyed reading it. :)

Ray&Donna

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Somehow I thought this story would last longer. :(
But considering that you skipped all the scenes with potential conflict (Ray telling Jenna it's over etc) and focused only on Ray and Donna's scenes together I am not surprised that the story ended here. I love the happy ending though. It was sweet how Ray and Donna had another child. :)

So well good job on your story. I've enjoyed reading it. :)

Thanks! I've never written for Jenna so I am not sure how I'd characterize the (obvious) conflict in my head. Of course I'm heavily biased, LOL, so it might be better if I don't go there. And I, too, thought the story was longer when I started posting it!

Mrs Bobby James Ewing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
Great ending to your beautiful story Ray&Donna. :)I love reading stories where Ray and Donna get their happy ending without all of the conflict and angst. :)