LV

Reaction score
Awards

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
That was messed up to release her phone number on the air.
I agree. Given the popularity of Dallas and Victoria Principle at the time it wasn't a smart move on Joan's part. Personally my mobile and home number have always been private. One day my Aunty phoned my house and I was curious how she obtained my home number. She had pressured my brother to get it. I was furious - both with my brother and Aunt. No way am I in the same league as Victoria but I value my privacy. Perhaps I should have sued.

bmasters9

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I agree. Given the popularity of Dallas and Victoria Principle at the time it wasn't a smart move on Joan's part. Personally my mobile and home number have always been private. One day my Aunty phoned my house and I was curious how she obtained my home number. She had pressured my brother to get it. I was furious - both with my brother and Aunt. No way am I in the same league as Victoria but I value my privacy. Perhaps I should have sued.

Why would Joan Rivers want that phone number?

bmasters9

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
For nefarious purposes, possibly (per the picture you have in your response)-- just a guess on my part.

Well, witches are always envious of princesses...

1601922117326.png

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
You would think that from one celebrity to another at the time Joan of all people would understand the rationale for not giving out Victoria’s number on the air. That’s a really mean spirited thing to do IMO and I don’t find it funny at all. Entertainers or not they are all entitled to their privacy. I liked Joan as a comedienne and talk show host, thought she was very talented and funny but this was wrong on so many levels.

Pammy P

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
She did the right thing. Doesn’t need to pedal the Dallas wagon, but wish she did more often!

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
What I really expect from Victoria is to wake up at last, go to her bathroom and tell us that 2020 was a just nightmare and nothing happened...
It would be hysterical if some company paid Victoria and Patrick a zillion dollars to create a commercial of some kind that somehow wraps up 2020.

Luke_Krebbs_Ewing

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
I loved the storyline, I thought it was really exciting. Plus it was nice to get some closure.

I guess my only issue was Bobby's reaction. As someone who loves the Bobby/Pam story it would have been nice to have seen a little touch point with the past.

I found Bobby to be very cold & disinterested in the TNT series.

It's one of the reasons I parted company with the show after the second series.

It just wasn't Dallas for me. All the things I loved about the original Lorimar Dallas weren't there in the TNT show. The rivalry between JR & Bobby was diluted down. Cliff Barnes was just a monster rather than a goofy guy. And don't start me on all the continuity errors. I'm not surprised it got cancelled after the third season, sad though it was the writing was just awful. :)

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I found Bobby to be very cold & disinterested in the TNT series.

It's one of the reasons I parted company with the show after the second series.

It just wasn't Dallas for me. All the things I loved about the original Lorimar Dallas weren't there in the TNT show. The rivalry between JR & Bobby was diluted down. Cliff Barnes was just a monster rather than a goofy guy. And don't start me on all the continuity errors. I'm not surprised it got cancelled after the third season, sad though it was the writing was just awful. :)

Yeah, and Bobby was like "I don't F... care anymore about your mother Christopher, I moved on a longtime ago", which was so horrible for the OG fans like me.
Bobby & Pam were the core couple of the show. They were essential. Pam was his very first TRUE love (No Jenna, you never were). So yes, at some point you have to move on, to meet and love other people. But you will always care about your first TRUE love.

Bobby still caring about Pam, especially when Christopher stared looking for her would have been better from a writing standpoint.

Pamela_E

administrator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Yeah, and Bobby was like "I don't F... care anymore about your mother Christopher, I moved on a longtime ago", which was so horrible for the OG fans like me.
Bobby & Pam were the core couple of the show. They were essential. Pam was his very first TRUE love (No Jenna, you never were). So yes, at some point you have to move on, to meet and love other people. But you will always care about your first TRUE love.

Bobby still caring about Pam, especially when Christopher stared looking for her would have been better from a writing standpoint.

Yeah but as far as he was aware his wife had gone and met someone else. Although I do think when he knew she was dead there could have a scene with him a little sad or a heart to heart with his son.

But alas now to be.

A little gossip, PD thought VP was returning, as did the cast. They didn't know the outcome and assumed she was coming back.

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Yeah but as far as he was aware his wife had gone and met someone else. Although I do think when he knew she was dead there could have a scene with him a little sad or a heart to heart with his son.

But alas now to be.

A little gossip, PD thought VP was returning, as did the cast. They didn't know the outcome and assumed she was coming back.

You're right. But, one of the worst thing in life is not knowing. And Bobby didn't know what happened to Pam. There was still some thinsg unresolved, even from an emotional standpoint, at least I think. Sure, Bobby moved on, and even said "goodbye" to "Pam", trough her look alike (Jean O'Brien) in the OG series. But Pam was such a huge part of his life, of his heart, that I can't imagine him not wanting to know more about Parm when Christopher started looking for her. This should have brought some important and emotional memories. A la Bobby in Twin Peaks season 3... Yes, sure, it was 25 years ago, but Bobby became very emotional when the sherif department started to investigate again Laura Palmer :

I wasn't expecting Bobby Ewing to cry like this, but at least I was hoping he wouldn't be so far distant, so cold.

Last edited:

Jimmy Todd

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards

But alas now to be.

How is it that Victoria tells everyone, the producers, etc., that she's leaving and no one believes her? That could be the script for a Kafkaesque movie(or a Seinfeld episode).

Pamela_E

administrator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
How is it that Victoria tells everyone, the producers, etc., that she's leaving and no one believes her? That could be the script for a Kafkaesque movie(or a Seinfeld episode).

Long story, in a nutshell CC would have asked VP to return but was told she couldn't due to whomever in the cast saying no way.

They didn't ask her, then VP made out they did ask her (they didn't), then the cast thought she was coming back due to that storyline as they were not aware of the ending at that point. Then VP said she wasn't coming back. Even though she wasn't anyway.