Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
US Soaps
Daytime Soaps
Watching General Hospital
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Daniel Avery" data-source="post: 429721" data-attributes="member: 27"><p>Everyone probably knows I love the idea of Nathan being back. There is that feeling of "righting a wrong" (Hero Nathan should not have been killed by Villain Faison). It gives us a much-deserved break from Nina being dumped on by her raving lunatic of a daughter all the time; she can finally get out of that rut. But I can't escape the hunch/feeling that this is not Nathan. I can't decide just yet what the real angle is, but it just does not feel genuine. Maybe it's because they purposely brought Ryan Paevey back while Kirsten Storms is on her leave of absence? I mean, how better to "protect" Maxie from having another heartbreak than by having her sleep through an evil lookalike plot involving her dead husband? Unfortunately, this won't protect poor young James from such a heartbreak if this turns out to be a fake-out of some sort. I hope Felicia, Mac, or Spinelli (someone with suspicions) decides to scoop up the kids (James, Georgie, and Bailey) and take them "for an extended visit to Boston" to get them out of the mix, too. </p><p></p><p> Paevey has made it fairly clear that he returned for the paycheck and not some great need to return to acting, so I figure he's doing a short-term contract (13-weeks or maybe 26-weeks) and thus, a short-term return to bank some money and head back to his life in San Diego. Having "dead Nathan" return only to disappear again would be pointless and borderline abusive to his fans.</p><p></p><p>Once the shock wears off, Nina could (and should) see if "Jay" can answer some questions about their childhood that only the real Nathan could answer. When soaps try impostor plotlines I always wish for these kinds of scenes and rarely get them, though. After that latex mask business with Faison masquerading as Duke Lavery, you'd think Anna would have started yanking on "John Doe"'s face while he was still unconscious, just to be sure.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Daniel Avery, post: 429721, member: 27"] Everyone probably knows I love the idea of Nathan being back. There is that feeling of "righting a wrong" (Hero Nathan should not have been killed by Villain Faison). It gives us a much-deserved break from Nina being dumped on by her raving lunatic of a daughter all the time; she can finally get out of that rut. But I can't escape the hunch/feeling that this is not Nathan. I can't decide just yet what the real angle is, but it just does not feel genuine. Maybe it's because they purposely brought Ryan Paevey back while Kirsten Storms is on her leave of absence? I mean, how better to "protect" Maxie from having another heartbreak than by having her sleep through an evil lookalike plot involving her dead husband? Unfortunately, this won't protect poor young James from such a heartbreak if this turns out to be a fake-out of some sort. I hope Felicia, Mac, or Spinelli (someone with suspicions) decides to scoop up the kids (James, Georgie, and Bailey) and take them "for an extended visit to Boston" to get them out of the mix, too. Paevey has made it fairly clear that he returned for the paycheck and not some great need to return to acting, so I figure he's doing a short-term contract (13-weeks or maybe 26-weeks) and thus, a short-term return to bank some money and head back to his life in San Diego. Having "dead Nathan" return only to disappear again would be pointless and borderline abusive to his fans. Once the shock wears off, Nina could (and should) see if "Jay" can answer some questions about their childhood that only the real Nathan could answer. When soaps try impostor plotlines I always wish for these kinds of scenes and rarely get them, though. After that latex mask business with Faison masquerading as Duke Lavery, you'd think Anna would have started yanking on "John Doe"'s face while he was still unconscious, just to be sure. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
US Soaps
Daytime Soaps
Watching General Hospital
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top