Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
US Soaps
Daytime Soaps
Watching General Hospital
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Daniel Avery" data-source="post: 430271" data-attributes="member: 27"><p>If this ridiculous twist with the will is valid (that is, Monica met with Alexis and asked her to make these changes), it's hard to believe Alexis kept this explosive decision to herself all this time. Heck, I can imagine Alexis trying to<em> talk her out of it</em> since it basically evicts the whole family and makes the place no longer the home of her precious grandkids and great grandkids. There is no way the writers could make a case that Monica would actually want this to happen, especially since she had a personal friend (Alexis) drawing up the will. Plus, if I were Alexis and I knew what I was about to dump on the Qs, I would have been shaking like a leaf as soon as I heard Monica had died, since I would know I'm about to deliver harsh news to the Qs.</p><p></p><p>Monica handing the house and grounds off to Ronnie could only be viewed by the family as a giant F-U to the family that meant so much more to her than some sister she chose to keep out of her life. Monica likely meant to leave her personal fortune (money in the bank) to Ronnie but someone (Martin, most likely) changed the will just to piss off Tracy (and <em>Mission Accomplished</em> on that one). I hope they figure this out quickly because this whole thing makes me irrationally upset.</p><p></p><p>Then again, there is the <strong>White Elephant </strong>aspect that would be interesting to play. How would a middle class woman be able to afford the taxes and upkeep on the Q estate? Yes, she might inherit a chunk of money initially, but Monica was getting regular income from ELQ and her various pensions, etc. to keep the estate funded. Olivia was doing all the "administration" of the house/staff, and Michael acted as conservator of the estate on Monica's behalf. </p><p></p><p>It's a moot point I guess since [spoiler] Erika Slezak has already finished filming, so Ronnie won't have the place very long, if it all. [/spoiler]</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Daniel Avery, post: 430271, member: 27"] If this ridiculous twist with the will is valid (that is, Monica met with Alexis and asked her to make these changes), it's hard to believe Alexis kept this explosive decision to herself all this time. Heck, I can imagine Alexis trying to[I] talk her out of it[/I] since it basically evicts the whole family and makes the place no longer the home of her precious grandkids and great grandkids. There is no way the writers could make a case that Monica would actually want this to happen, especially since she had a personal friend (Alexis) drawing up the will. Plus, if I were Alexis and I knew what I was about to dump on the Qs, I would have been shaking like a leaf as soon as I heard Monica had died, since I would know I'm about to deliver harsh news to the Qs. Monica handing the house and grounds off to Ronnie could only be viewed by the family as a giant F-U to the family that meant so much more to her than some sister she chose to keep out of her life. Monica likely meant to leave her personal fortune (money in the bank) to Ronnie but someone (Martin, most likely) changed the will just to piss off Tracy (and [I]Mission Accomplished[/I] on that one). I hope they figure this out quickly because this whole thing makes me irrationally upset. Then again, there is the [B]White Elephant [/B]aspect that would be interesting to play. How would a middle class woman be able to afford the taxes and upkeep on the Q estate? Yes, she might inherit a chunk of money initially, but Monica was getting regular income from ELQ and her various pensions, etc. to keep the estate funded. Olivia was doing all the "administration" of the house/staff, and Michael acted as conservator of the estate on Monica's behalf. It's a moot point I guess since [spoiler] Erika Slezak has already finished filming, so Ronnie won't have the place very long, if it all. [/spoiler] [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
US Soaps
Daytime Soaps
Watching General Hospital
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top