Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
What If
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="CeeCee72" data-source="post: 212230" data-attributes="member: 5055"><p>I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended..</p><p></p><p></p><p>This is a "What if?" fanfic. What if in the season eleven episode "Top Gun" Sue Ellen had changed her mind at the last possible moment and instead of teaming up with Kimberly and Wendell to beat JR she voted her Weststar shares to make him CEO?</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>What If</p><p></p><p></p><p>Part 10</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"I don't get it," Lucy said flouncing down beside her grandmother on the bed. "I could understand someone taking shots at JR, I mean even I've thought about it. But Sue Ellen? Why would anyone want to hurt her?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen has become a very successful business woman," Ellie answered, reaching out to stroke Lucy's hair, "Punk and Mavis said there were a lot of unhappy people in the oil business who were very angry when Sue Ellen helped JR take over Weststar."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I don't know, Ellie," Clayton came out of the bathroom and stood at the foot of the bed, "I'd bet whatever this is about, it's all because of JR. If someone really wanted to make him suffer, they'd go after Sue Ellen and the boys."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I'm scared, Grandma," Lucy admitted.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Me too, Lucy," Ellie admitted, hugging Lucy tight, "me too."</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Can't you fall asleep, Aunt Sue Ellen?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen rolled over onto her back and saw Christopher staring at her with wide eyes.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I guess I can't," Sue Ellen whispered. "Is my tossing and turning keeping you awake?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"No," Christopher said, "I just can't fall asleep either."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen sat up and glanced down to check on John Ross. He was sound asleep in his sleeping bag on the floor beside the bed. She held her hand out to Christopher. "Want to come up here with me and keep me company for a while?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>Christopher smiled and climbed into the bed beside her. He put his head on her shoulder and closed his eyes. "Aunt Sue Ellen?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Hmmm?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Do you think my mommy left me because she wasn't my real mommy?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"No! No, sweetheart. Your mommy loves you very much, but she was just too sick to take care of you."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"My real mommy left me too. She gave me away because she didn't love me."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Oh, Christopher," Sue Ellen cupped his face in her hands, "your real mommy loved you very much too. She didn't give you away! Honey, she died when you were just a tiny little baby."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I don't think so," Christopher was crying now. "Aunt Sue Ellen, you'll always love me and take care of me, right?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Oh, yes Christopher, always!"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Promise? Even though I'm not a real Ewing?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You ARE a real Ewing, Christopher, same as Lucy and John Ross. And yes! Yes, I promise! I will ALWAYS take care of you and I will ALWAYS love you."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I love you too, Aunt Sue Ellen " Christopher cried, hugging her close. "I love you bunches!"</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen? Are you alright? We missed you at breakfast."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen didn't reply, she just stood rock still and stared at the horizon through her bedroom window.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Come on, darlin'," JR's voice sounded concerned, "you need to eat."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I'm not hungry," she finally replied, moving away from the window and sitting on the edge of her bed. "I know we have to talk, JR. Let's get it over with."</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR sighed heavily and took a seat beside her on the bed. "Harry is meeting me at the office this morning. He wants to go over the list of names I gave him for anyone who has a personal grudge against you."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen raised her head and locked eyes with him, "Kimberly Cryder and Jeremy Wendell would be at the top of the list."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Agreed," JR nodded. "Kimberly came to see me a few days ago," he confessed. "Your name came up."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I'm sure it did," Sue Ellen laughed bitterly.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Who else?" he asked softly. "Can you think of anyone else who would have reason to hurt you?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Mandy Winger."</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR closed his eyes. He hated the sound of her name on Sue Ellen's lips. "Why should she want to hurt you? You gave her fame and fortune on a silver platter."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I manipulated her life, JR. I used her like a pawn to get to you. Then I took you away from her and fired her.The last thing she ever said to me was to warn me that I'd be hearing from her again."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Alright. Anyone else?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Well, I fired Oswald Valentine. He has always been a little nuts...but he's a man."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"He could be working with a woman though. I'll pass his name along to Harry."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Alright, JR," she nodded. </p><p></p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yes?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"What about Nicholas Pearce?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"No," Sue Ellen's shoulders slumped. "He is very angry with me. He has every right to be. But he'd never hurt me, JR."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Alright, Sue Ellen," he stood up and started to turn away from her, but she reached out tentatively and touched his arm. "JR?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I promise I'll keep you and the boys safe, Sue Ellen."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I know you will," she sighed. "One thing I have never doubted is that you'd die protecting me and the boys from anyone else. It's such a sad shame you can't manage to protect us from you."</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR said nothing, his eyes stared into hers, searching for any sign of affection, any chance that it might not be too late.</p><p></p><p></p><p> "Do you know where I went after I saw you and Kimberly in bed together?" she finally asked after several minutes of silence.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You went to Pearce," he ground out.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yes...but before that I went to a bar."</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR sucked in a deep breath, "Sue Ellen…"</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen raised her hand and placed her fingers on his mouth to hush him. "I ordered a vodka straight up. I sat there at that bar, with that drink in front of me for what seemed like hours. I kept thinking...why, JR? Why would you do that? Catching you with Holly Harwood was the most traumatic event of my life. You KNEW that! You knew how much I drank, how I destroyed my life, how long it took me to sober again. You KNEW! Yet you re-created the scene with Kimberly almost down to the last detail."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen I never…."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Please let me finish," Sue Ellen pleaded. "JR...I walked away, and left the glass full on the bar. The only thing that made sense to me is that you WANTED me to drink. As weak as I was, as heartbroken as I was, the ONE thing that kept me sober was that you wanted me drunk."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen, I swear to you I never thought...it never occured to me that you might.."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yes, JR" Sue Ellen interrupted him, "in time, I realized that it never crossed your mind that I might drink. And I think that hurt me even more. You were so wrapped up in your scheme to get Weststar that how it all would affect me, or John Ross….you never even gave us a thought, JR. That's when I decided to buy all that stock. You couldn't spare a thought for me, but I was consumed with you, with keeping you from getting your way. My anger kept me sober, JR. My need to make you take notice of me. That's why I did it, JR, that's why I bought all that stock and plotted with your little slut to take you down. I wanted you to suffer! I wanted to make you feel EXACTLY like I felt that day in the bar - disposed of, tossed away, betrayed by the one person in the world you loved the most. But, I couldn't do it, JR. I couldn't destroy you like you have destroyed me."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen paused to wipe a tear from her cheek. "I still need you to know my value, JR. I need you to have to live every single day regretting taking advantage of my love and devotion, for treating me like one of your whores instead of your wife. I won't give you those shares now, no matter what. You don't get to win this time JR. You tossed me away like a used piece of tissue. I won't let you have your prize for it. I'll stay at Southfork with John Ross until this nightmare is over, but then I'm gone, JR. I need you to accept the divorce peacefully so that I can still be a part of this family. The children need us both. I want peace more than almost anything; but I won't give you my last shred of pride to get it. You will never get those Weststar shares, JR. Never."</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR stood in stunned silence. In all their years together, this was the most honest she had ever been about her deepest feelings. There had always been secrets and games between them. In this moment, his heart was breaking for the pain he had caused her with his callousness. Suddenly Weststar seemed like a very small, unimportant thing.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"What if I told you there was something I wanted more than that stock, Sue Ellen?" </p><p></p><p></p><p>"I wouldn't believe you, JR."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Well, darlin' that's too bad. Because I want you. I want you back in my bed, back in my life. I want it to be like it was before I made that awful decision to sleep with Kimberly."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"No, JR," Sue Ellen whispered.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yes, Sue Ellen," JR said lowly. "You're what I want. I won't let you go."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"It's too late, JR," Sue Ellen told him.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"As long as I draw breath, it'll never be too late. I'm a fighter, Sue Ellen. I'm going to fight like hell for you."</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR bent to place a soft kiss on her forehead. "Eat something," he ordered softly, "I'll see you later this afternoon."</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="CeeCee72, post: 212230, member: 5055"] I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.. This is a "What if?" fanfic. What if in the season eleven episode "Top Gun" Sue Ellen had changed her mind at the last possible moment and instead of teaming up with Kimberly and Wendell to beat JR she voted her Weststar shares to make him CEO? *** What If Part 10 *** "I don't get it," Lucy said flouncing down beside her grandmother on the bed. "I could understand someone taking shots at JR, I mean even I've thought about it. But Sue Ellen? Why would anyone want to hurt her?" "Sue Ellen has become a very successful business woman," Ellie answered, reaching out to stroke Lucy's hair, "Punk and Mavis said there were a lot of unhappy people in the oil business who were very angry when Sue Ellen helped JR take over Weststar." "I don't know, Ellie," Clayton came out of the bathroom and stood at the foot of the bed, "I'd bet whatever this is about, it's all because of JR. If someone really wanted to make him suffer, they'd go after Sue Ellen and the boys." "I'm scared, Grandma," Lucy admitted. "Me too, Lucy," Ellie admitted, hugging Lucy tight, "me too." *** "Can't you fall asleep, Aunt Sue Ellen?" Sue Ellen rolled over onto her back and saw Christopher staring at her with wide eyes. "I guess I can't," Sue Ellen whispered. "Is my tossing and turning keeping you awake?" "No," Christopher said, "I just can't fall asleep either." Sue Ellen sat up and glanced down to check on John Ross. He was sound asleep in his sleeping bag on the floor beside the bed. She held her hand out to Christopher. "Want to come up here with me and keep me company for a while?" Christopher smiled and climbed into the bed beside her. He put his head on her shoulder and closed his eyes. "Aunt Sue Ellen?" "Hmmm?" "Do you think my mommy left me because she wasn't my real mommy?" "No! No, sweetheart. Your mommy loves you very much, but she was just too sick to take care of you." "My real mommy left me too. She gave me away because she didn't love me." "Oh, Christopher," Sue Ellen cupped his face in her hands, "your real mommy loved you very much too. She didn't give you away! Honey, she died when you were just a tiny little baby." "I don't think so," Christopher was crying now. "Aunt Sue Ellen, you'll always love me and take care of me, right?" "Oh, yes Christopher, always!" "Promise? Even though I'm not a real Ewing?" "You ARE a real Ewing, Christopher, same as Lucy and John Ross. And yes! Yes, I promise! I will ALWAYS take care of you and I will ALWAYS love you." "I love you too, Aunt Sue Ellen " Christopher cried, hugging her close. "I love you bunches!" *** "Sue Ellen? Are you alright? We missed you at breakfast." Sue Ellen didn't reply, she just stood rock still and stared at the horizon through her bedroom window. "Come on, darlin'," JR's voice sounded concerned, "you need to eat." "I'm not hungry," she finally replied, moving away from the window and sitting on the edge of her bed. "I know we have to talk, JR. Let's get it over with." JR sighed heavily and took a seat beside her on the bed. "Harry is meeting me at the office this morning. He wants to go over the list of names I gave him for anyone who has a personal grudge against you." Sue Ellen raised her head and locked eyes with him, "Kimberly Cryder and Jeremy Wendell would be at the top of the list." "Agreed," JR nodded. "Kimberly came to see me a few days ago," he confessed. "Your name came up." "I'm sure it did," Sue Ellen laughed bitterly. "Who else?" he asked softly. "Can you think of anyone else who would have reason to hurt you?" "Mandy Winger." JR closed his eyes. He hated the sound of her name on Sue Ellen's lips. "Why should she want to hurt you? You gave her fame and fortune on a silver platter." "I manipulated her life, JR. I used her like a pawn to get to you. Then I took you away from her and fired her.The last thing she ever said to me was to warn me that I'd be hearing from her again." "Alright. Anyone else?" "Well, I fired Oswald Valentine. He has always been a little nuts...but he's a man." "He could be working with a woman though. I'll pass his name along to Harry." "Alright, JR," she nodded. "Sue Ellen?" "Yes?" "What about Nicholas Pearce?" "No," Sue Ellen's shoulders slumped. "He is very angry with me. He has every right to be. But he'd never hurt me, JR." "Alright, Sue Ellen," he stood up and started to turn away from her, but she reached out tentatively and touched his arm. "JR?" "I promise I'll keep you and the boys safe, Sue Ellen." "I know you will," she sighed. "One thing I have never doubted is that you'd die protecting me and the boys from anyone else. It's such a sad shame you can't manage to protect us from you." JR said nothing, his eyes stared into hers, searching for any sign of affection, any chance that it might not be too late. "Do you know where I went after I saw you and Kimberly in bed together?" she finally asked after several minutes of silence. "You went to Pearce," he ground out. "Yes...but before that I went to a bar." JR sucked in a deep breath, "Sue Ellen…" Sue Ellen raised her hand and placed her fingers on his mouth to hush him. "I ordered a vodka straight up. I sat there at that bar, with that drink in front of me for what seemed like hours. I kept thinking...why, JR? Why would you do that? Catching you with Holly Harwood was the most traumatic event of my life. You KNEW that! You knew how much I drank, how I destroyed my life, how long it took me to sober again. You KNEW! Yet you re-created the scene with Kimberly almost down to the last detail." "Sue Ellen I never…." "Please let me finish," Sue Ellen pleaded. "JR...I walked away, and left the glass full on the bar. The only thing that made sense to me is that you WANTED me to drink. As weak as I was, as heartbroken as I was, the ONE thing that kept me sober was that you wanted me drunk." "Sue Ellen, I swear to you I never thought...it never occured to me that you might.." "Yes, JR" Sue Ellen interrupted him, "in time, I realized that it never crossed your mind that I might drink. And I think that hurt me even more. You were so wrapped up in your scheme to get Weststar that how it all would affect me, or John Ross….you never even gave us a thought, JR. That's when I decided to buy all that stock. You couldn't spare a thought for me, but I was consumed with you, with keeping you from getting your way. My anger kept me sober, JR. My need to make you take notice of me. That's why I did it, JR, that's why I bought all that stock and plotted with your little slut to take you down. I wanted you to suffer! I wanted to make you feel EXACTLY like I felt that day in the bar - disposed of, tossed away, betrayed by the one person in the world you loved the most. But, I couldn't do it, JR. I couldn't destroy you like you have destroyed me." Sue Ellen paused to wipe a tear from her cheek. "I still need you to know my value, JR. I need you to have to live every single day regretting taking advantage of my love and devotion, for treating me like one of your whores instead of your wife. I won't give you those shares now, no matter what. You don't get to win this time JR. You tossed me away like a used piece of tissue. I won't let you have your prize for it. I'll stay at Southfork with John Ross until this nightmare is over, but then I'm gone, JR. I need you to accept the divorce peacefully so that I can still be a part of this family. The children need us both. I want peace more than almost anything; but I won't give you my last shred of pride to get it. You will never get those Weststar shares, JR. Never." JR stood in stunned silence. In all their years together, this was the most honest she had ever been about her deepest feelings. There had always been secrets and games between them. In this moment, his heart was breaking for the pain he had caused her with his callousness. Suddenly Weststar seemed like a very small, unimportant thing. "What if I told you there was something I wanted more than that stock, Sue Ellen?" "I wouldn't believe you, JR." "Well, darlin' that's too bad. Because I want you. I want you back in my bed, back in my life. I want it to be like it was before I made that awful decision to sleep with Kimberly." "No, JR," Sue Ellen whispered. "Yes, Sue Ellen," JR said lowly. "You're what I want. I won't let you go." "It's too late, JR," Sue Ellen told him. "As long as I draw breath, it'll never be too late. I'm a fighter, Sue Ellen. I'm going to fight like hell for you." JR bent to place a soft kiss on her forehead. "Eat something," he ordered softly, "I'll see you later this afternoon." *** [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
What If
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top