Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
What If
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="CeeCee72" data-source="post: 212539" data-attributes="member: 5055"><p>I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended..</p><p></p><p></p><p>This is a "What if?" fanfic. What if in the season eleven episode "Top Gun" Sue Ellen had changed her mind at the last possible moment and instead of teaming up with Kimberly and Wendell to beat JR she voted her Weststar shares to make him CEO?</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>What If</p><p></p><p></p><p>Part 12</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>The room was so silent, you could have heard a pin drop. </p><p></p><p></p><p>"JR…" Sue Ellen took in a sharp breath. "What were you doing with Nicholas? And how did you find him?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I finally got Southfork's phone logs," JR told her. "There was a twenty minute call to here from a hotel out by the airport on the night of the break in. Captain Clarke and I went out there to see who made the call. Imagine my shock when I knocked on the room's door and Nicholas Pearce answered."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"JR, I…." Sue Ellen looked around the room and cringed at all the disapproving looks. "It wasn't me," she said softly. "I haven't talked to Nicholas since the day of the Weststar takeover. I swear to you, JR. Please, you have to believe me!"</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR walked over to his wife and gently placed his hands on her shoulders. "I know, honey. It's alright," he pulled her close to him for a hug. "Shhh, now," he rubbed her back soothing her as she finally broke down, sobbing softly into his shoulder. "It's okay, darlin', everything is going to be okay."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I'm scared, JR," Sue Ellen cried. "I'm really frightened."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I'll keep you safe, honey," JR promised. "You don't have to be afraid."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I don't understand, JR," Bobby spoke up, "if Sue Ellen didn't take that call from Pearce, who did?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR looked over his wife's shoulder and locked eyes with his mother. "Do you want to tell them, or should I?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Ellie?" Clayton asked, surprised.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yes, Clayton," Ellie sighed. "I talked to him."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Why Miss Ellie?" Sue Ellen sniffed.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"He called here looking for you," Ellie shrugged. "I asked him to leave you alone and made it clear that he and his calls weren't welcome at Southfork."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Why didn't you tell us?" Bobby asked.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Why would I?" Ellie reasoned. "It was personal and it has nothing to do with what has been going on here."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"How can you be sure about that, Miss Ellie?" Ray questioned. "Seems to me like a scorned lover would have a motive to hurt Sue Ellen."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"No," JR said, reluctantly letting go of his wife, "he isn't involved. I ruled him out."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"How, JR?" Ray demanded. "How can you be sure?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Some things don't need to be discussed with everyone," JR told him. "I'm sure. You're just going to have to take my word for it."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Honey?" JR reached out and gently stroked Sue Ellen's cheek, "I need you to go upstairs and pack some things for you and the boys."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Where are we going, JR?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"To a hotel. I can't have you here anymore. It's too dangerous."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"About that, JR," Ray spoke up. "Me and Bobby have been talking about it. Jenna took Lucas and went to Switzerland this morning to visit Charlie. You and Sue Ellen and the kids can come stay at my place. I know it's close to Southfork, but it's not as big and there's only one road in and out. I think we can keep it secure - more secure than a hotel anyway."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You sure about that, Ray?" JR asked. "You're inviting me to come stay under your roof?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Hell, JR," Ray said sheepishly. "We have our differences, but you're my brother. You'd do the same for me in a pinch."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I would," JR grinned. "But I'd never let you live it down."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"What makes you think I'll let YOU live it down, JR?" Ray laughed.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Thank you, Ray," JR said, "I mean it."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Ray nodded at his brother and dropped his gaze to the floor, suddenly embarrassed.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Is that okay with you, darlin'?" JR asked, turning his attention back to Sue Ellen.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yes," she nodded, "just so long as you come with us."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Don't you worry, Miss Texas," he whispered into her ear. "I promise I won't leave you again until this is over."</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen and the boys getting settled okay?" Ray asked, reaching into the fridge and pulling out two beers."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yeah, Bobby's up there tucking the boys in and Sue Ellen is so exhausted she'll be asleep soon," JR answered, taking the bottle Ray offered him. "Thanks again for this, Ray."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Not a problem, JR. But…"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"What?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You sure about both Pearce and that Winger woman?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I'd like to know that too, JR," Bobby said, coming into the kitchen. "Got a beer for me too, Ray?" </p><p></p><p></p><p>Ray pulled another bottle out and handed it to Bobby. "Spill it, JR."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Damn sure about Pearce," JR sighed as they all took seats around the kitchen table. "He's got a woman in that hotel room with him. A real pretty blonde. The hotel manager says they haven't left the room in two weeks. Steady diet of room service and booze."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Why did he call Southfork?" Bobby asked.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"He wanted to let Sue Ellen know he was leaving his apartment for a while. Wanted her to bring back her key back and to pick up the belongings she had there."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"What did Miss Ellie say to him?" Ray asked.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"She told him Sue Ellen was a married woman with two little boys who needed her and he should get out of her life."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Good for Mama," Bobby chuckled.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"And Mandy Winger?" Ray pressed.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"She hates Sue Ellen," JR admitted, "but I don't think she has it in her to threaten a child. Besides, she has some stupid fantasy that I'm in love with her. She wouldn't risk my wrath by threatening my family."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"JR, you're not still messing around with that girl, are you?" Bobby questioned.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Absolutely not," JR growled. "Today was the first time I've seen her in over a year and I was only there to ask her questions."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Well, that leaves Cryder, Wendell, and Wentworth I guess," Ray said thoughtfully.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I don't think Wendell and Cryder would go after the children," JR sighed. "I would suspect them for the rig explosion, but not the personal attacks."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"And we're sure the two things aren't related?" Bobby asked.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Pretty sure," JR said, taking a long pull on his beer. "As far as Kathrine goes…"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"What, JR?" Bobby prodded.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I just can't see any reason for her to target Sue Ellen."</p><p></p><p></p><p>""I don't know, JR," Bobby said thoughtfully. "Crazy minds work in crazy ways. I'll tell you something that's been bothering me though. You're my brother, JR. I know you better than anyone except maybe Sue Ellen and Mama. I've lived under the same roof as you and Sue Ellen for 15 years."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"So? What's your point, Bob?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I had no idea you liked to send Sue Ellen yellow roses. Who would know? A secretary? A mistress?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Sly," JR said. "No other woman. You can't keep peace with the mistress if she catches you sending the wife flowers."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"That's exactly why it's been bothering me, JR. Whoever is doing this, they know you or Sue Ellen VERY well."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Hey, JR," Ray cut in, "you said you got the phone logs from Southfork. Where'd that call to Sue Ellen about the boys being hurt come from?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Payphone in Braddock," JR answered. "They're close; whoever is hurting my family is real close."</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>"JR?" Sue Ellen sat up and covered her eyes to shield them from the light.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Sorry, darlin'," JR said, surprised to see her in the bed.. "I thought you'd be sleeping in the same room as the boys."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I tried," Sue Ellen laughed. "They kicked me out. Something about being tired of being treated like babies."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Sorry, I woke you, honey. I'll go down to sleep on the couch."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Wait, JR…" Sue Ellen hesitated, struggling to find the right words.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You want me to stay for a little while darlin'?" He asked.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Please," Sue Ellen smiled and held her hand out to him.</p><p></p><p></p><p>He took her hand and sat down facing her on the bed, "I don't want you to be afraid. Ray and I will both be here with you 24/7 until we catch that maniac. Harry's got some officers guarding the house too."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"What about Weststar, JR? Can you afford to be out of the office?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I can do a lot by phone," JR assured her. "Sly can come out when I need her to. My family is more important than Weststar, Sue Ellen."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You said that with such sincerity that I almost believe you mean it."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I do mean it, Sue Ellen," JR growled. "And I don't want to fight with you tonight."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen raised her chin and looked him square in the eye. "How's Mandy?" she asked sweetly.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Better than Pearce," JR snapped.</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen dropped her gaze quickly to the bedspread. "I guess I deserved that."</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR sighed and reached out to gently stroke her cheek. "No you didn't, darlin'. You only went to Pearce because I pushed you into it."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yes, but…"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"No buts, Sue Ellen," JR whispered. "Mandy and Pearce are both in the past. We can't change it, but we don't need to hurt each other over it constantly anymore."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yes," Sue Ellen whispered shakily, "Mandy and Nicholas are in the past, but they'll be replaced by others in the future."</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR leaned into her, bringing his face so close to hers that their noses touched. "There won't be any others, Sue Ellen. At least not for me." </p><p></p><p></p><p>"Save it, JR," Sue Ellen jerked her face away from him. "I've heard it all before."</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR sat back and studied her face carefully. "I know you have, Sue Ellen. Let's just drop it for tonight. We're both tired and under enough stress as it is. Can't have a one night cease-fire?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Alright, JR," she softly agreed. "I was so terrified today."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I know, darlin'. You're safe now. I promise." He leaned into once again and placed a fleeting kiss on her forehead. "Do you want me to stay with you tonight?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I…" Sue Ellen's face flushed to a bright red shade. "We can't, my lawyer said…"</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR threw back his head and laughed. "Harv told me having sex would be considered a reconciliation. Guess your lawyer told you the same thing."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen was too embarrassed to speak so she simply nodded and returned her gaze to the bedspread.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Well, Miss Texas," JR's voice turned silky and seductive, "I won't tell your lawyer if you don't tell mine."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"JR!"</p><p></p><p></p><p>He let out another low chuckle and took her hand in his. "I'm just teasin' you darlin'. God knows I want you and the spirit is willing, but the body and the mind are both damn tired. I won't try to seduce you tonight. I'll just be with you so you don't have to be alone."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Promise, JR?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I promise, darlin'." He pulled her hand up to his mouth for a quick kiss then reached out and turned off the light.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Goodnight, Mrs. Ewing."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Goodnight, JR."</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="CeeCee72, post: 212539, member: 5055"] I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.. This is a "What if?" fanfic. What if in the season eleven episode "Top Gun" Sue Ellen had changed her mind at the last possible moment and instead of teaming up with Kimberly and Wendell to beat JR she voted her Weststar shares to make him CEO? *** What If Part 12 *** The room was so silent, you could have heard a pin drop. "JR…" Sue Ellen took in a sharp breath. "What were you doing with Nicholas? And how did you find him?" "I finally got Southfork's phone logs," JR told her. "There was a twenty minute call to here from a hotel out by the airport on the night of the break in. Captain Clarke and I went out there to see who made the call. Imagine my shock when I knocked on the room's door and Nicholas Pearce answered." "JR, I…." Sue Ellen looked around the room and cringed at all the disapproving looks. "It wasn't me," she said softly. "I haven't talked to Nicholas since the day of the Weststar takeover. I swear to you, JR. Please, you have to believe me!" JR walked over to his wife and gently placed his hands on her shoulders. "I know, honey. It's alright," he pulled her close to him for a hug. "Shhh, now," he rubbed her back soothing her as she finally broke down, sobbing softly into his shoulder. "It's okay, darlin', everything is going to be okay." "I'm scared, JR," Sue Ellen cried. "I'm really frightened." "I'll keep you safe, honey," JR promised. "You don't have to be afraid." "I don't understand, JR," Bobby spoke up, "if Sue Ellen didn't take that call from Pearce, who did?" JR looked over his wife's shoulder and locked eyes with his mother. "Do you want to tell them, or should I?" "Ellie?" Clayton asked, surprised. "Yes, Clayton," Ellie sighed. "I talked to him." "Why Miss Ellie?" Sue Ellen sniffed. "He called here looking for you," Ellie shrugged. "I asked him to leave you alone and made it clear that he and his calls weren't welcome at Southfork." "Why didn't you tell us?" Bobby asked. "Why would I?" Ellie reasoned. "It was personal and it has nothing to do with what has been going on here." "How can you be sure about that, Miss Ellie?" Ray questioned. "Seems to me like a scorned lover would have a motive to hurt Sue Ellen." "No," JR said, reluctantly letting go of his wife, "he isn't involved. I ruled him out." "How, JR?" Ray demanded. "How can you be sure?" "Some things don't need to be discussed with everyone," JR told him. "I'm sure. You're just going to have to take my word for it." "Honey?" JR reached out and gently stroked Sue Ellen's cheek, "I need you to go upstairs and pack some things for you and the boys." "Where are we going, JR?" "To a hotel. I can't have you here anymore. It's too dangerous." "About that, JR," Ray spoke up. "Me and Bobby have been talking about it. Jenna took Lucas and went to Switzerland this morning to visit Charlie. You and Sue Ellen and the kids can come stay at my place. I know it's close to Southfork, but it's not as big and there's only one road in and out. I think we can keep it secure - more secure than a hotel anyway." "You sure about that, Ray?" JR asked. "You're inviting me to come stay under your roof?" "Hell, JR," Ray said sheepishly. "We have our differences, but you're my brother. You'd do the same for me in a pinch." "I would," JR grinned. "But I'd never let you live it down." "What makes you think I'll let YOU live it down, JR?" Ray laughed. "Thank you, Ray," JR said, "I mean it." Ray nodded at his brother and dropped his gaze to the floor, suddenly embarrassed. "Is that okay with you, darlin'?" JR asked, turning his attention back to Sue Ellen. "Yes," she nodded, "just so long as you come with us." "Don't you worry, Miss Texas," he whispered into her ear. "I promise I won't leave you again until this is over." *** "Sue Ellen and the boys getting settled okay?" Ray asked, reaching into the fridge and pulling out two beers." "Yeah, Bobby's up there tucking the boys in and Sue Ellen is so exhausted she'll be asleep soon," JR answered, taking the bottle Ray offered him. "Thanks again for this, Ray." "Not a problem, JR. But…" "What?" "You sure about both Pearce and that Winger woman?" "I'd like to know that too, JR," Bobby said, coming into the kitchen. "Got a beer for me too, Ray?" Ray pulled another bottle out and handed it to Bobby. "Spill it, JR." "Damn sure about Pearce," JR sighed as they all took seats around the kitchen table. "He's got a woman in that hotel room with him. A real pretty blonde. The hotel manager says they haven't left the room in two weeks. Steady diet of room service and booze." "Why did he call Southfork?" Bobby asked. "He wanted to let Sue Ellen know he was leaving his apartment for a while. Wanted her to bring back her key back and to pick up the belongings she had there." "What did Miss Ellie say to him?" Ray asked. "She told him Sue Ellen was a married woman with two little boys who needed her and he should get out of her life." "Good for Mama," Bobby chuckled. "And Mandy Winger?" Ray pressed. "She hates Sue Ellen," JR admitted, "but I don't think she has it in her to threaten a child. Besides, she has some stupid fantasy that I'm in love with her. She wouldn't risk my wrath by threatening my family." "JR, you're not still messing around with that girl, are you?" Bobby questioned. "Absolutely not," JR growled. "Today was the first time I've seen her in over a year and I was only there to ask her questions." "Well, that leaves Cryder, Wendell, and Wentworth I guess," Ray said thoughtfully. "I don't think Wendell and Cryder would go after the children," JR sighed. "I would suspect them for the rig explosion, but not the personal attacks." "And we're sure the two things aren't related?" Bobby asked. "Pretty sure," JR said, taking a long pull on his beer. "As far as Kathrine goes…" "What, JR?" Bobby prodded. "I just can't see any reason for her to target Sue Ellen." ""I don't know, JR," Bobby said thoughtfully. "Crazy minds work in crazy ways. I'll tell you something that's been bothering me though. You're my brother, JR. I know you better than anyone except maybe Sue Ellen and Mama. I've lived under the same roof as you and Sue Ellen for 15 years." "So? What's your point, Bob?" "I had no idea you liked to send Sue Ellen yellow roses. Who would know? A secretary? A mistress?" "Sly," JR said. "No other woman. You can't keep peace with the mistress if she catches you sending the wife flowers." "That's exactly why it's been bothering me, JR. Whoever is doing this, they know you or Sue Ellen VERY well." "Hey, JR," Ray cut in, "you said you got the phone logs from Southfork. Where'd that call to Sue Ellen about the boys being hurt come from?" "Payphone in Braddock," JR answered. "They're close; whoever is hurting my family is real close." *** "JR?" Sue Ellen sat up and covered her eyes to shield them from the light. "Sorry, darlin'," JR said, surprised to see her in the bed.. "I thought you'd be sleeping in the same room as the boys." "I tried," Sue Ellen laughed. "They kicked me out. Something about being tired of being treated like babies." "Sorry, I woke you, honey. I'll go down to sleep on the couch." "Wait, JR…" Sue Ellen hesitated, struggling to find the right words. "You want me to stay for a little while darlin'?" He asked. "Please," Sue Ellen smiled and held her hand out to him. He took her hand and sat down facing her on the bed, "I don't want you to be afraid. Ray and I will both be here with you 24/7 until we catch that maniac. Harry's got some officers guarding the house too." "What about Weststar, JR? Can you afford to be out of the office?" "I can do a lot by phone," JR assured her. "Sly can come out when I need her to. My family is more important than Weststar, Sue Ellen." "You said that with such sincerity that I almost believe you mean it." "I do mean it, Sue Ellen," JR growled. "And I don't want to fight with you tonight." Sue Ellen raised her chin and looked him square in the eye. "How's Mandy?" she asked sweetly. "Better than Pearce," JR snapped. Sue Ellen dropped her gaze quickly to the bedspread. "I guess I deserved that." JR sighed and reached out to gently stroke her cheek. "No you didn't, darlin'. You only went to Pearce because I pushed you into it." "Yes, but…" "No buts, Sue Ellen," JR whispered. "Mandy and Pearce are both in the past. We can't change it, but we don't need to hurt each other over it constantly anymore." "Yes," Sue Ellen whispered shakily, "Mandy and Nicholas are in the past, but they'll be replaced by others in the future." JR leaned into her, bringing his face so close to hers that their noses touched. "There won't be any others, Sue Ellen. At least not for me." "Save it, JR," Sue Ellen jerked her face away from him. "I've heard it all before." JR sat back and studied her face carefully. "I know you have, Sue Ellen. Let's just drop it for tonight. We're both tired and under enough stress as it is. Can't have a one night cease-fire?" "Alright, JR," she softly agreed. "I was so terrified today." "I know, darlin'. You're safe now. I promise." He leaned into once again and placed a fleeting kiss on her forehead. "Do you want me to stay with you tonight?" "I…" Sue Ellen's face flushed to a bright red shade. "We can't, my lawyer said…" JR threw back his head and laughed. "Harv told me having sex would be considered a reconciliation. Guess your lawyer told you the same thing." Sue Ellen was too embarrassed to speak so she simply nodded and returned her gaze to the bedspread. "Well, Miss Texas," JR's voice turned silky and seductive, "I won't tell your lawyer if you don't tell mine." "JR!" He let out another low chuckle and took her hand in his. "I'm just teasin' you darlin'. God knows I want you and the spirit is willing, but the body and the mind are both damn tired. I won't try to seduce you tonight. I'll just be with you so you don't have to be alone." "Promise, JR?" "I promise, darlin'." He pulled her hand up to his mouth for a quick kiss then reached out and turned off the light. "Goodnight, Mrs. Ewing." "Goodnight, JR." *** [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
What If
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top