Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
What If
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="CeeCee72" data-source="post: 213083" data-attributes="member: 5055"><p>I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended..</p><p></p><p></p><p>This is a "What if?" fanfic. What if in the season eleven episode "Top Gun" Sue Ellen had changed her mind at the last possible moment and instead of teaming up with Kimberly and Wendell to beat JR she voted her Weststar shares to make him CEO?</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>What If</p><p></p><p></p><p>Part 14</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR stood in the living room doorway and silently watched his family play a card game. John Ross, Christopher, and Sue Ellen were all sitting on the floor, surrounding the coffee table. They were laughing and talking and having a good time with one another.</p><p></p><p></p><p>His eyes focused on his wife and it occurred to him how much she had changed over the years. The Sue Ellen Sheppard he married wouldn't have been caught dead dressed in a sweatshirt and jeans, hair pulled back in a ponytail, sitting on the floor playing with children. He had loved the old Sue Ellen Sheppard - the dignified, elegant, and breathtakingly beautiful beauty queen; but this Sue Ellen Ewing - the wife, the mother, the woman who could be a ruthless business woman one minute and an empathetic comforter the next - his feelings about her couldn't be expressed with a simple word like love. He was in awe of her. He needed her. He dreamt of her. She completely owned every corner of his soul.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Wanna play, Uncle JR?" Christopher's question interrupted his thoughts. JR's first inclination was to refuse. He had a lot of work left to do in the study, but the hopeful smile on Christopher's face stopped him. He glanced at John Ross and at Sue Ellen. John Ross was smiling, Sue Ellen looked uncomfortable.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Sure," JR finally answered, sauntering into the room and taking a seat on the floor between the two boys. He heard Sue Ellen gasp in surprise. He turned his head to face her and gave her a sly wink. "I'm not too good at Go Fish," JR told the boys. "How about some poker? Five Card Draw sound like fun?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Clayton? It's a little early in the day for that, isn't it?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>Clayton finished making his drink and nodded at his wife. "Rough day, Ellie."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"What happened?" Ellie asked, concerned.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Oh, nothing too dramatic," Clayton told her. "One of the cowboys at the horse sale used to ride the rodeo with Dusty. He asked about him. Just made me realize how long it's been since I've talked to my son. I don't even know where he is or how to find him."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I'm sure it's very painful for Dusty to be around the family," Ellie sighed. "I've always regretted that."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"It is what it is," Clayton shrugged. "I just wish he would call or write and let me know how he's doing."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I'm sure he'll come around someday," Ellie assured him.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I hope so, Ellie," Clayton sighed, "because I miss him. I really do."</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen frowned to herself. She had enjoyed playing cards with JR and the boys. It was very unusual for JR to take the time to play games. She wished it could have lasted longer, but Bobby and Ray had come into the house, taken JR into the study, and closed the door.</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR seemed to really be trying. He was kind and considerate and generous with his time and attention. Sue Ellen felt her resolve to end their marriage melting and had to repeatedly remind herself that JR had played the loving husband and father before. He always went back to his old ways as soon as he got her back into his bed.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Aunt Sue Ellen?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen looked up and saw her nephew standing in her bedroom doorway. "Yes, Christopher?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I wish we could stay at Uncle Ray's forever."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen held her hand out and Christopher came into the room, climbing on the bed beside his Aunt.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You like it here?" Sue Ellen asked.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yeah," he nodded. "Nobody is fighting here. You laugh a lot more. Even Uncle JR is nice to everyone."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen laughed. The wisdom of a child was an awesome thing. "Uncle JR is always nice to you, isn't he?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yeah," Christopher said, "when he knows I'm listening."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"What do you mean by that?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I heard him talking to Uncle Ray one time. They were arguing. He said Lucas was a real Ewing and should be raised like one and that my daddy needed a real son."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Oh, Christopher," Sue Ellen sighed, "your Uncle JR says mean things all the time. He never means them, he just gets carried away sometimes. He says unkind things about me all the time, but he loves me very much. And he loves you too. And you ARE your daddy's REAL son."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I hope Uncle JR loves me 'cause I sure love him. I just wish I had real Ewing blood. Then he'd have to love me."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You don't need Ewing blood to make him love you," Sue Ellen assured him, pulling him close for a tight hug, "he already loves you with all his heart. I promise you, Christopher. We ALL love you."</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>"When were you planning to tell me this, JR?" Bobby demanded.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Well, to be perfectly honest I didn't intend to tell you at all," JR confessed. "I took care of it when I signed Ewing Oil back over to the family."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"There's going to be trouble if Cryder and Wendell manage to get the rest of the cartell to throw in with Mariliee," Bobby told him.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yes," JR agreed, "that's why I'm telling you now."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I don't understand, JR," Ray spoke up, "if you and Sue Ellen control the majority of Weststar stock, how could they oust you as CEO?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Well, it'll be tough. But that oil rig explosion hurt me. It's possible they get the Board to remove me. A lot of the stock I control is technically owned by others; Sue Ellen, April, a few other associates. Enough of them turn against me and I'm done. That's why I wanted to get Ewing Oil's assets separate from Weststar. If I lose Weststar, at least Ewing Oil is safe."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Anything new on the explosion?" Bobby asked.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"We know it was sabotage. We know one of the dead men had the device on him. That's it."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"And we're absolutely sure this has nothing to do with the personal threats?" Ray asked.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Sure as we can be," JR answered. "Speaking of which, Barnes find out who delivered the envelope?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Fits the description of the guy who delivered the flowers to Southfork, but no messenger service in Dallas has a record of making the delivery.," Bobby informed him. "Female caller, male delivery guy. Seems like we're looking for at least two people."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Suspicious they'd bring Barnes into this," Ray said thoughtfully. "Given the history of bad blood between JR and Cliff, how did they even know Cliff would tell anyone about getting the envelope?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"That's a damn good question, Ray," JR growled. "Whoever sent that to Barnes had to have a reason to want to drag him into this mess."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Back to Katherine?" Bobby questioned.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Maybe," JR shrugged, "I'll call McSween and get him up to speed. In the meantime, don't say anything about this to Sue Ellen. There's no reason to upset her until we know more."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I don't like lying to her JR," Ray told him.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"She's MY wife," JR snapped. "I'll tell her when the time is right."</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"How're you feelin' darlin'?" Sue Ellen put her book down on the bed beside her and looked up at her husband.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Frustrated," she snapped at him. "You and Bobby and Ray all have been acting strange tonight. What are the three of you hiding from me?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR sighed deeply, came into her bedroom, and shut the door behind him. He hadn't wanted to upset her, but Ray was right; lying to her would just make things worse. "Cliff Barnes got a disturbing delivery today."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Cliff?" Sue Ellen repeated. "What does Cliff have to do with anything?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR moved to the bed and sat down beside her. "It was a picture of you and him hugging at the hospital after Pam's accident and an old newspaper article about John Ross's paternity test."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen was quiet for a while, considering what JR had told her. "Someone certainly is going through a lot of trouble to hurt me," she finally said. </p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yes," JR said softly, "but I won't let them."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"JR…" Sue Ellen sucked in a deep breath, "you were wonderful with the boys today."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"It was fun," JR smiled. "I really need to try to make more time for them."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"They would both really love that. Especially Christopher. JR…" Sue Ellen hesitated. She didn't want to start a fight with him, but she needed to talk to him about Christopher's fragile emotional state. "You need to be more careful about what you say when Christopher is around. He's overheard some things.." her voice trailed off.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"What things?" JR prodded.</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen raised her eyes to meet ha. "He feels like he isn't a real Ewing because he's adopted. He overheard you talking to Ray about Lucas…"</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR inhaled deeply. "Sue Ellen, you know I love that boy."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yes, of course!" Sue Ellen assured him. "It's just... well JR, since Pam left he's so confused and hurt. He thinks she didn't want him anymore. He's worried Bobby will do the same. He is asking questions about his birth parents and I…"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You what, Sue Ellen?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I just think it's time to tell him the truth about his mother; that she was my sister and that he and I are blood."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"That's not our decision, Sue Ellen," JR said quietly.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I know that, JR, but that little boy is lost and scared and he needs to know that I won't ever leave him."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Like Pam did?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yes, JR."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I'll talk to Bobby."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen's entire face lit up. "Thank you, JR," she beamed.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I can't promise you he'll agree with you though," he cautioned.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I know, JR, but I really appreciate you being willing to try."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You appreciate it?" He leaned down and placed a soft kiss on her forehead. "Care to show me how.much you appreciate it?" he teased her.</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen took a deep, steadying breath. She wanted him. There wasn't any use in playing games about it, she had given in to him this morning and now she wanted more. She knew there would be consequences for letting him have his way, but she would deal with those when the time came. "What did you have in mind, Mr. Ewing?" she whispered seductively.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You're in my mind, Miss Texas," JR growled, pulling her into his arms, "you're always on my mind."</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>The room was dark, dingy, and sparsely furnished. Not exactly fine accommodations, but it served its purpose. An old publicity photo from the Miss Texas pageant featuring Sue Ellen Ewing was taped to the wall just across from the bed where it could be stared at and contemplated during these quiet moments.</p><p></p><p></p><p>She wasn't at Southfork anymore. It would be harder to get to her now. Southfork was easy; it was so large and so many people were roaming around that it was easy to.blend in. The Krebbs place was different though; the land was flat and the views unobstructed. There were less hands and no servants. Any person who didn't belong there would be spotted immediately. It had been smart of the Ewings to move the whore there. JR Ewing was a worthy adversary. He always had been. As much as his efforts to protect his precious wife delayed the ultimate goal, it made the game much more interesting.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"The next move is mine, JR, and I am very close to taking your queen."</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="CeeCee72, post: 213083, member: 5055"] I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.. This is a "What if?" fanfic. What if in the season eleven episode "Top Gun" Sue Ellen had changed her mind at the last possible moment and instead of teaming up with Kimberly and Wendell to beat JR she voted her Weststar shares to make him CEO? *** What If Part 14 *** JR stood in the living room doorway and silently watched his family play a card game. John Ross, Christopher, and Sue Ellen were all sitting on the floor, surrounding the coffee table. They were laughing and talking and having a good time with one another. His eyes focused on his wife and it occurred to him how much she had changed over the years. The Sue Ellen Sheppard he married wouldn't have been caught dead dressed in a sweatshirt and jeans, hair pulled back in a ponytail, sitting on the floor playing with children. He had loved the old Sue Ellen Sheppard - the dignified, elegant, and breathtakingly beautiful beauty queen; but this Sue Ellen Ewing - the wife, the mother, the woman who could be a ruthless business woman one minute and an empathetic comforter the next - his feelings about her couldn't be expressed with a simple word like love. He was in awe of her. He needed her. He dreamt of her. She completely owned every corner of his soul. "Wanna play, Uncle JR?" Christopher's question interrupted his thoughts. JR's first inclination was to refuse. He had a lot of work left to do in the study, but the hopeful smile on Christopher's face stopped him. He glanced at John Ross and at Sue Ellen. John Ross was smiling, Sue Ellen looked uncomfortable. "Sure," JR finally answered, sauntering into the room and taking a seat on the floor between the two boys. He heard Sue Ellen gasp in surprise. He turned his head to face her and gave her a sly wink. "I'm not too good at Go Fish," JR told the boys. "How about some poker? Five Card Draw sound like fun?" *** "Clayton? It's a little early in the day for that, isn't it?" Clayton finished making his drink and nodded at his wife. "Rough day, Ellie." "What happened?" Ellie asked, concerned. "Oh, nothing too dramatic," Clayton told her. "One of the cowboys at the horse sale used to ride the rodeo with Dusty. He asked about him. Just made me realize how long it's been since I've talked to my son. I don't even know where he is or how to find him." "I'm sure it's very painful for Dusty to be around the family," Ellie sighed. "I've always regretted that." "It is what it is," Clayton shrugged. "I just wish he would call or write and let me know how he's doing." "I'm sure he'll come around someday," Ellie assured him. "I hope so, Ellie," Clayton sighed, "because I miss him. I really do." *** Sue Ellen frowned to herself. She had enjoyed playing cards with JR and the boys. It was very unusual for JR to take the time to play games. She wished it could have lasted longer, but Bobby and Ray had come into the house, taken JR into the study, and closed the door. JR seemed to really be trying. He was kind and considerate and generous with his time and attention. Sue Ellen felt her resolve to end their marriage melting and had to repeatedly remind herself that JR had played the loving husband and father before. He always went back to his old ways as soon as he got her back into his bed. "Aunt Sue Ellen?" Sue Ellen looked up and saw her nephew standing in her bedroom doorway. "Yes, Christopher?" "I wish we could stay at Uncle Ray's forever." Sue Ellen held her hand out and Christopher came into the room, climbing on the bed beside his Aunt. "You like it here?" Sue Ellen asked. "Yeah," he nodded. "Nobody is fighting here. You laugh a lot more. Even Uncle JR is nice to everyone." Sue Ellen laughed. The wisdom of a child was an awesome thing. "Uncle JR is always nice to you, isn't he?" "Yeah," Christopher said, "when he knows I'm listening." "What do you mean by that?" "I heard him talking to Uncle Ray one time. They were arguing. He said Lucas was a real Ewing and should be raised like one and that my daddy needed a real son." "Oh, Christopher," Sue Ellen sighed, "your Uncle JR says mean things all the time. He never means them, he just gets carried away sometimes. He says unkind things about me all the time, but he loves me very much. And he loves you too. And you ARE your daddy's REAL son." "I hope Uncle JR loves me 'cause I sure love him. I just wish I had real Ewing blood. Then he'd have to love me." "You don't need Ewing blood to make him love you," Sue Ellen assured him, pulling him close for a tight hug, "he already loves you with all his heart. I promise you, Christopher. We ALL love you." *** "When were you planning to tell me this, JR?" Bobby demanded. "Well, to be perfectly honest I didn't intend to tell you at all," JR confessed. "I took care of it when I signed Ewing Oil back over to the family." "There's going to be trouble if Cryder and Wendell manage to get the rest of the cartell to throw in with Mariliee," Bobby told him. "Yes," JR agreed, "that's why I'm telling you now." "I don't understand, JR," Ray spoke up, "if you and Sue Ellen control the majority of Weststar stock, how could they oust you as CEO?" "Well, it'll be tough. But that oil rig explosion hurt me. It's possible they get the Board to remove me. A lot of the stock I control is technically owned by others; Sue Ellen, April, a few other associates. Enough of them turn against me and I'm done. That's why I wanted to get Ewing Oil's assets separate from Weststar. If I lose Weststar, at least Ewing Oil is safe." "Anything new on the explosion?" Bobby asked. "We know it was sabotage. We know one of the dead men had the device on him. That's it." "And we're absolutely sure this has nothing to do with the personal threats?" Ray asked. "Sure as we can be," JR answered. "Speaking of which, Barnes find out who delivered the envelope?" "Fits the description of the guy who delivered the flowers to Southfork, but no messenger service in Dallas has a record of making the delivery.," Bobby informed him. "Female caller, male delivery guy. Seems like we're looking for at least two people." "Suspicious they'd bring Barnes into this," Ray said thoughtfully. "Given the history of bad blood between JR and Cliff, how did they even know Cliff would tell anyone about getting the envelope?" "That's a damn good question, Ray," JR growled. "Whoever sent that to Barnes had to have a reason to want to drag him into this mess." "Back to Katherine?" Bobby questioned. "Maybe," JR shrugged, "I'll call McSween and get him up to speed. In the meantime, don't say anything about this to Sue Ellen. There's no reason to upset her until we know more." "I don't like lying to her JR," Ray told him. "She's MY wife," JR snapped. "I'll tell her when the time is right." *** "How're you feelin' darlin'?" Sue Ellen put her book down on the bed beside her and looked up at her husband. "Frustrated," she snapped at him. "You and Bobby and Ray all have been acting strange tonight. What are the three of you hiding from me?" JR sighed deeply, came into her bedroom, and shut the door behind him. He hadn't wanted to upset her, but Ray was right; lying to her would just make things worse. "Cliff Barnes got a disturbing delivery today." "Cliff?" Sue Ellen repeated. "What does Cliff have to do with anything?" JR moved to the bed and sat down beside her. "It was a picture of you and him hugging at the hospital after Pam's accident and an old newspaper article about John Ross's paternity test." Sue Ellen was quiet for a while, considering what JR had told her. "Someone certainly is going through a lot of trouble to hurt me," she finally said. "Yes," JR said softly, "but I won't let them." "JR…" Sue Ellen sucked in a deep breath, "you were wonderful with the boys today." "It was fun," JR smiled. "I really need to try to make more time for them." "They would both really love that. Especially Christopher. JR…" Sue Ellen hesitated. She didn't want to start a fight with him, but she needed to talk to him about Christopher's fragile emotional state. "You need to be more careful about what you say when Christopher is around. He's overheard some things.." her voice trailed off. "What things?" JR prodded. Sue Ellen raised her eyes to meet ha. "He feels like he isn't a real Ewing because he's adopted. He overheard you talking to Ray about Lucas…" JR inhaled deeply. "Sue Ellen, you know I love that boy." "Yes, of course!" Sue Ellen assured him. "It's just... well JR, since Pam left he's so confused and hurt. He thinks she didn't want him anymore. He's worried Bobby will do the same. He is asking questions about his birth parents and I…" "You what, Sue Ellen?" "I just think it's time to tell him the truth about his mother; that she was my sister and that he and I are blood." "That's not our decision, Sue Ellen," JR said quietly. "I know that, JR, but that little boy is lost and scared and he needs to know that I won't ever leave him." "Like Pam did?" "Yes, JR." "I'll talk to Bobby." Sue Ellen's entire face lit up. "Thank you, JR," she beamed. "I can't promise you he'll agree with you though," he cautioned. "I know, JR, but I really appreciate you being willing to try." "You appreciate it?" He leaned down and placed a soft kiss on her forehead. "Care to show me how.much you appreciate it?" he teased her. Sue Ellen took a deep, steadying breath. She wanted him. There wasn't any use in playing games about it, she had given in to him this morning and now she wanted more. She knew there would be consequences for letting him have his way, but she would deal with those when the time came. "What did you have in mind, Mr. Ewing?" she whispered seductively. "You're in my mind, Miss Texas," JR growled, pulling her into his arms, "you're always on my mind." *** The room was dark, dingy, and sparsely furnished. Not exactly fine accommodations, but it served its purpose. An old publicity photo from the Miss Texas pageant featuring Sue Ellen Ewing was taped to the wall just across from the bed where it could be stared at and contemplated during these quiet moments. She wasn't at Southfork anymore. It would be harder to get to her now. Southfork was easy; it was so large and so many people were roaming around that it was easy to.blend in. The Krebbs place was different though; the land was flat and the views unobstructed. There were less hands and no servants. Any person who didn't belong there would be spotted immediately. It had been smart of the Ewings to move the whore there. JR Ewing was a worthy adversary. He always had been. As much as his efforts to protect his precious wife delayed the ultimate goal, it made the game much more interesting. "The next move is mine, JR, and I am very close to taking your queen." *** [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
What If
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top