Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
What If
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="CeeCee72" data-source="post: 228136" data-attributes="member: 5055"><p>I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.</p><p></p><p></p><p>This is a "What if?" fanfic. What if in the season eleven episode "Top Gun" Sue Ellen had changed her mind at the last possible moment and instead of teaming up with Kimberly and Wendell to beat JR she voted her Weststar shares to make him CEO?</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>What If</p><p></p><p></p><p>Part 91</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>Vanessa stood by the window of her hotel room overlooking the Dallas skyline, but she didn't really see anything. She was lost in thought - trying desperately to figure a way out of the situation she was in.</p><p></p><p></p><p>In spite of what she'd said to JR about the unreliability of a blood test done so many years ago, she knew it was very likely that Allister wasn't James's natural father. No matter how JR's paternity test turned out, chances were that Nestor Brumin would use any means at his disposal to prove James wasn't a legitimate heir. That meant of course, that he would submit to his own test to prove James couldn't possibly be related to him.</p><p></p><p></p><p>James would prove to be the key. If it turned out that JR was NOT his father, then James would be convinced that Allister's blood test was wrong. She needed to convince him NOT to submit to any new tests with Nestor. That was her only hope.</p><p></p><p></p><p>She prayed with her whole soul that JR wasn't the father. That's the only way her plan could ever work. Eliminate JR, and maybe everything still could be salvaged. After all, James didn't know there was another possibility; and he never needed to.</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Good morning, James," Sue Ellen smiled as the younger man appeared at the breakfast table. "Did you sleep well?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yes, ma'am. Thank you."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I told you to please call me Sue Ellen," she reminded him.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yes, Sue Ellen. John Ross and Christopher have invited me to go riding this morning. Will that be alright?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Don't let them force you If you don't want to," JR grunted from behind his newspaper. </p><p></p><p></p><p>"I want to go," James told him. "I ride quite a bit."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I might go too," Lucy piped up. "If you boys don't mind hanging out with a girl."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I'd like that very much," James smiled at her.</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR jumped a little when Sue Ellen lightly kicked him under the table. "Do you shoot, James?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Excuse me, sir?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Shoot. Do you shoot? I have to go into the office this morning but I was thinking of taking Lucy out to the range for some target practice later this afternoon. If you'd like to go, we'd love to have you."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I'd love to," James nodded. "Thank you, sir."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You don't have to always call me sir," JR said. "Just call me JR. For now anyway."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Okay. Thank you, JR."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Come on, James," Lucy said, standing up. "Let's go get ourselves and the boys ready for our ride. See you two later," she waved at JR and Sue Ellen.</p><p></p><p></p><p>James followed her from the room, nodding at them both on his way out.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Was that better?" JR asked his wife.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Marginally." she sighed. "It wasn't an apology though."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"It's the closest thing to one he's going to get," JR growled. He folded his newspaper and laid it on the table. "Where is everyone else at this morning?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>""Miss Ellie rode into Braddock with Clayton. Jack stayed over at April's last night. Pam and Bobby haven't come down yet."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Is that so?" JR laughed. "We need to step up our game, Miss Texas. Can't be beating those two down to the breakfast table every morning."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen rolled her yes and shook her head. "I'm going over to the new house with Pam and April this morning. They're putting in the phones and delivering the furniture."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"How much longer before we can move in you think?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Two weeks. The bottom level will be done and furnished by then."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Good. It's gettin' too crowded around here. April will be moving in soon I bet. And just because I'm happy Bobby got that Barnes woman back doesn't mean I want to live with her."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"JR!"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Now, darlin' that's not a knock against her it's just the truth. I gotta get to the office. Be home this afternoon." He leaned over to kiss her and stood up.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"JR?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yeah?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"If Dr. Parks calls…"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I'll call you right away. I promise."</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You're awfully quiet this morning," April turned her head to look at Jack. "Something on your mind?" </p><p></p><p></p><p>They were in Jack's truck, on their way to Southfork. April was going to spend the day with Sue Ellen while Jack worked.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I was just thinking about JR," Jack told her.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"What about him?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"How weird this situation with James must be. I mean, it's bad enough when long lost relatives like me and Jamie show up, but a son? I can't even imagine what that must be like."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I'm sure it hasn't been easy. For him or for She Ellen. But they seem to be navigating everything fairly well."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yes. I don't know how they're doing it. I think if it was me, I'd be a nervous wreck."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Uh oh. Jack, you're not worried that you have lost little Ewings running around somewhere, are you?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"What? No! But, oh I don't know. My whole life, I knew who I was. Who my family was. Guess I just feel sorry for James and for JR too. The shock is one thing, but how do you make up for all those lost years?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Same way you do anything else I guess," April shrugged. "One day at a time."</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Say that again, Donna?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I said an ethics complaint has been filed against Andrew," Donna repeated. "He's being accused of leaking confidential Senate information to you and Bobby through me."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"But he did no such thing," JR growled into the phone.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I know that, JR," Donna sighed. "It's a political stunt but they still have to go through the motions of having a hearing."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Waste of time."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Depends on what their goal is. You calling in that favor to keep the bill underwraps for a while worked. But maybe someone didn't like it. The ethics hearing will put the entire bill into the public record."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"It's too late for anyone to catch up to us now. All the equipment has been delivered and we start the refitting process next week."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Well, maybe whoever is behind this doesn't know that."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Maybe. Listen keep me posted. If I can do anything to help Andrew let me know."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Will do, JR. Talk soon."</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR hung up the phone and rubbed his temples. Whoever was sniffing around that environmental bill was becoming a very large pain in his ass. Time to find them and put a stop to them.</p><p></p><p></p><p>He reached out and pushed the button on his intercom. "Get your uncle Harry on the phone, Sly. I have a job for him."</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Oh," Bobby stopped in the doorway of the kitchen when he saw April sitting at the table having a cup of coffee. "Good morning, April. I didn't know you were here."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yes. I rode over with Jack. I'm going over to the new house with Sue Ellen today."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I think Pam is going too," Bobby said.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yes, she is."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"So, seems like things are going really well with you and Jack."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yes," April smiled. "Seems the same is true for you and Pam."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"It is. I'm very happy for you, April. You deserve to behappy."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Thank you, Bobby. I'm truly happy for you and Pam too."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Thanks. I guess the reason the two of us couldn't get it together is because it was never meant to be."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Both of us were meant for someone else," April agreed.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Friends?" he asked, sticking his hand out to her.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Always," she grinned, swatting away his hand and standing up to give him a hug. "Always."</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>"We'll be done with the refit in less than a month," Cliff told JR. "We have such a head start, no one can catch us. We rushed everything because we had the resources. No other oil company can get that equipment in that fast. Relax, JR. We'll be operational under the new standards months before anyone else."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I hope so," JR grunted. "Because we sank a ton over money into this."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Money well spent."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Still, if you hear about anyone else making moves…"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You'll be the first to know."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Thanks, Cliff."</p><p></p><p></p><p>The phone line went dead and Cliff had barely hung up the receiver when the intercom buzzed. "Yes, Jackie?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Mitch Cooper is on line three, Cliff."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Thanks." Cliff picked the phone back up and held it to his ear. "What can I do for you, Mitch?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I was calling to check on my niece. I tried your apartment, but no one has answered all morning."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Afton had an appointment with her counselor today. She'll be out until this afternoon. Pammy is doing just fine."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Has she spoken again?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Not yet. But she smiled at me last night."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Really? She must really like you. I'm coming into Dallas next weekend to spend some time with Lucy. I'd like to see Pammy."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"No problem, Mitch. Just let me know when. We'll make sure we're around."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Thanks, Cliff. I'll call again soon."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Cliff hung up the phone and sat back in his chair. He'd lied to Mitch. Afton didn't have any appointments today - at least none he knew of. It was possible she had taken Pammy out to the park or something - or maybe they'd gone shopping…</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Except she told me she planned to stay in all day today," he muttered to himself. He reached out and dialed the number to his apartment. He let it ring until the answering machine picked up. He sighed heavily as it occurred to him that even if Afton had gone to the park or out to run errands, it wouldn't take her all morning.</p><p></p><p></p><p>He stood up and grabbed his briefcase. "I'll be out of the office for a while," he told Jackie on his way out. "Cancel all my appointments."</p><p></p><p></p><p>He got into the elevator and pressed the button for the ground floor. "Where are you Afton? Please God don't be doing anything stupid."</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>Dr. Parks inhaled deeply as he studied the paper in front of him. "How can this be?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I don't know. But we ran it twice like you asked. The results are accurate."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"This is highly unusual."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I agree. All I can say is this must be one messed up family."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"So it would seem, thank you."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Dr. Parks waited until his assistant left his office then picked up his phone. He dialed the number and waited for someone to pick up the line.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Dr. Parks for JR Ewing. It's very important."</p><p></p><p></p><p>He waited only a few moments before JR greeted him. "Yes, Mr. Ewing. I have the results of your paternity test. I don't think we should do this over the phone. How quickly can you get to my office?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="CeeCee72, post: 228136, member: 5055"] I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended. This is a "What if?" fanfic. What if in the season eleven episode "Top Gun" Sue Ellen had changed her mind at the last possible moment and instead of teaming up with Kimberly and Wendell to beat JR she voted her Weststar shares to make him CEO? *** What If Part 91 *** Vanessa stood by the window of her hotel room overlooking the Dallas skyline, but she didn't really see anything. She was lost in thought - trying desperately to figure a way out of the situation she was in. In spite of what she'd said to JR about the unreliability of a blood test done so many years ago, she knew it was very likely that Allister wasn't James's natural father. No matter how JR's paternity test turned out, chances were that Nestor Brumin would use any means at his disposal to prove James wasn't a legitimate heir. That meant of course, that he would submit to his own test to prove James couldn't possibly be related to him. James would prove to be the key. If it turned out that JR was NOT his father, then James would be convinced that Allister's blood test was wrong. She needed to convince him NOT to submit to any new tests with Nestor. That was her only hope. She prayed with her whole soul that JR wasn't the father. That's the only way her plan could ever work. Eliminate JR, and maybe everything still could be salvaged. After all, James didn't know there was another possibility; and he never needed to. *** "Good morning, James," Sue Ellen smiled as the younger man appeared at the breakfast table. "Did you sleep well?" "Yes, ma'am. Thank you." "I told you to please call me Sue Ellen," she reminded him. "Yes, Sue Ellen. John Ross and Christopher have invited me to go riding this morning. Will that be alright?" "Don't let them force you If you don't want to," JR grunted from behind his newspaper. "I want to go," James told him. "I ride quite a bit." "I might go too," Lucy piped up. "If you boys don't mind hanging out with a girl." "I'd like that very much," James smiled at her. JR jumped a little when Sue Ellen lightly kicked him under the table. "Do you shoot, James?" "Excuse me, sir?" "Shoot. Do you shoot? I have to go into the office this morning but I was thinking of taking Lucy out to the range for some target practice later this afternoon. If you'd like to go, we'd love to have you." "I'd love to," James nodded. "Thank you, sir." "You don't have to always call me sir," JR said. "Just call me JR. For now anyway." "Okay. Thank you, JR." "Come on, James," Lucy said, standing up. "Let's go get ourselves and the boys ready for our ride. See you two later," she waved at JR and Sue Ellen. James followed her from the room, nodding at them both on his way out. "Was that better?" JR asked his wife. "Marginally." she sighed. "It wasn't an apology though." "It's the closest thing to one he's going to get," JR growled. He folded his newspaper and laid it on the table. "Where is everyone else at this morning?" ""Miss Ellie rode into Braddock with Clayton. Jack stayed over at April's last night. Pam and Bobby haven't come down yet." "Is that so?" JR laughed. "We need to step up our game, Miss Texas. Can't be beating those two down to the breakfast table every morning." Sue Ellen rolled her yes and shook her head. "I'm going over to the new house with Pam and April this morning. They're putting in the phones and delivering the furniture." "How much longer before we can move in you think?" "Two weeks. The bottom level will be done and furnished by then." "Good. It's gettin' too crowded around here. April will be moving in soon I bet. And just because I'm happy Bobby got that Barnes woman back doesn't mean I want to live with her." "JR!" "Now, darlin' that's not a knock against her it's just the truth. I gotta get to the office. Be home this afternoon." He leaned over to kiss her and stood up. "JR?" "Yeah?" "If Dr. Parks calls…" "I'll call you right away. I promise." *** "You're awfully quiet this morning," April turned her head to look at Jack. "Something on your mind?" They were in Jack's truck, on their way to Southfork. April was going to spend the day with Sue Ellen while Jack worked. "I was just thinking about JR," Jack told her. "What about him?" "How weird this situation with James must be. I mean, it's bad enough when long lost relatives like me and Jamie show up, but a son? I can't even imagine what that must be like." "I'm sure it hasn't been easy. For him or for She Ellen. But they seem to be navigating everything fairly well." "Yes. I don't know how they're doing it. I think if it was me, I'd be a nervous wreck." "Uh oh. Jack, you're not worried that you have lost little Ewings running around somewhere, are you?" "What? No! But, oh I don't know. My whole life, I knew who I was. Who my family was. Guess I just feel sorry for James and for JR too. The shock is one thing, but how do you make up for all those lost years?" "Same way you do anything else I guess," April shrugged. "One day at a time." *** "Say that again, Donna?" "I said an ethics complaint has been filed against Andrew," Donna repeated. "He's being accused of leaking confidential Senate information to you and Bobby through me." "But he did no such thing," JR growled into the phone. "I know that, JR," Donna sighed. "It's a political stunt but they still have to go through the motions of having a hearing." "Waste of time." "Depends on what their goal is. You calling in that favor to keep the bill underwraps for a while worked. But maybe someone didn't like it. The ethics hearing will put the entire bill into the public record." "It's too late for anyone to catch up to us now. All the equipment has been delivered and we start the refitting process next week." "Well, maybe whoever is behind this doesn't know that." "Maybe. Listen keep me posted. If I can do anything to help Andrew let me know." "Will do, JR. Talk soon." JR hung up the phone and rubbed his temples. Whoever was sniffing around that environmental bill was becoming a very large pain in his ass. Time to find them and put a stop to them. He reached out and pushed the button on his intercom. "Get your uncle Harry on the phone, Sly. I have a job for him." *** "Oh," Bobby stopped in the doorway of the kitchen when he saw April sitting at the table having a cup of coffee. "Good morning, April. I didn't know you were here." "Yes. I rode over with Jack. I'm going over to the new house with Sue Ellen today." "I think Pam is going too," Bobby said. "Yes, she is." "So, seems like things are going really well with you and Jack." "Yes," April smiled. "Seems the same is true for you and Pam." "It is. I'm very happy for you, April. You deserve to behappy." "Thank you, Bobby. I'm truly happy for you and Pam too." "Thanks. I guess the reason the two of us couldn't get it together is because it was never meant to be." "Both of us were meant for someone else," April agreed. "Friends?" he asked, sticking his hand out to her. "Always," she grinned, swatting away his hand and standing up to give him a hug. "Always." *** "We'll be done with the refit in less than a month," Cliff told JR. "We have such a head start, no one can catch us. We rushed everything because we had the resources. No other oil company can get that equipment in that fast. Relax, JR. We'll be operational under the new standards months before anyone else." "I hope so," JR grunted. "Because we sank a ton over money into this." "Money well spent." "Still, if you hear about anyone else making moves…" "You'll be the first to know." "Thanks, Cliff." The phone line went dead and Cliff had barely hung up the receiver when the intercom buzzed. "Yes, Jackie?" "Mitch Cooper is on line three, Cliff." "Thanks." Cliff picked the phone back up and held it to his ear. "What can I do for you, Mitch?" "I was calling to check on my niece. I tried your apartment, but no one has answered all morning." "Afton had an appointment with her counselor today. She'll be out until this afternoon. Pammy is doing just fine." "Has she spoken again?" "Not yet. But she smiled at me last night." "Really? She must really like you. I'm coming into Dallas next weekend to spend some time with Lucy. I'd like to see Pammy." "No problem, Mitch. Just let me know when. We'll make sure we're around." "Thanks, Cliff. I'll call again soon." Cliff hung up the phone and sat back in his chair. He'd lied to Mitch. Afton didn't have any appointments today - at least none he knew of. It was possible she had taken Pammy out to the park or something - or maybe they'd gone shopping… "Except she told me she planned to stay in all day today," he muttered to himself. He reached out and dialed the number to his apartment. He let it ring until the answering machine picked up. He sighed heavily as it occurred to him that even if Afton had gone to the park or out to run errands, it wouldn't take her all morning. He stood up and grabbed his briefcase. "I'll be out of the office for a while," he told Jackie on his way out. "Cancel all my appointments." He got into the elevator and pressed the button for the ground floor. "Where are you Afton? Please God don't be doing anything stupid." *** Dr. Parks inhaled deeply as he studied the paper in front of him. "How can this be?" "I don't know. But we ran it twice like you asked. The results are accurate." "This is highly unusual." "I agree. All I can say is this must be one messed up family." "So it would seem, thank you." Dr. Parks waited until his assistant left his office then picked up his phone. He dialed the number and waited for someone to pick up the line. "Dr. Parks for JR Ewing. It's very important." He waited only a few moments before JR greeted him. "Yes, Mr. Ewing. I have the results of your paternity test. I don't think we should do this over the phone. How quickly can you get to my office?" *** [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
What If
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top