Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
What If
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="CeeCee72" data-source="post: 228822" data-attributes="member: 5055"><p>I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.</p><p></p><p></p><p>This is a "What if?" fanfic. What if in the season eleven episode "Top Gun" Sue Ellen had changed her mind at the last possible moment and instead of teaming up with Kimberly and Wendell to beat JR she voted her Weststar shares to make him CEO?</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>What If</p><p></p><p></p><p>Part 92</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Thank you for coming over so quickly."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Well, you said it was important," JR shrugged. "You have the paternity test results?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yes," Dr. Parks sighed. "Please have a seat."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Dr. Parks walked behind his desk, sat down, and reached for a folder. "We ran the test twice to verify the results. Mr. Ewing, you are not the biological father of James Brumin."</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR sat silently for a few moments, processing what Dr. Parks has told him.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I'm relieved," he finally said. "But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't surprised. He… he looks like a Ewing."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yes, well," Dr. Parks cleared his throat. "There's a reason for that."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"What?" JR asked, his eyes narrowing in confusion.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Mr. Ewing, you're not James's father. But he is related to you. Closely. I would say nephew or cousin."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"That's not possible. And how would you even know that?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"It's not just possible, Mr. Ewing; it's fact. Paternity testing has come a long way in the past several years. It's not a blood test anymore. We test DNA. We can tell a lot from it. James Brumin isn't your son, but he is your relative."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"That's not…"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You have brothers, do you not? Any Uncles?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Three brothers. Can't be Bobby. He was too young and he would have told me by now if he had a thing with Vanessa. Gary wasn't even around. Ray…"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yes?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Oh, my God," JR muttered. </p><p></p><p></p><p>"You understand now why I didn't want to discuss this over the phone?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yes. Listen, doctor, keep this under wraps. Not a word to anyone."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"All medical files are confidential, Mr. Ewing. You needed worry."</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR nodded and stood up. "Thank you, Dr. Parks."</p><p></p><p></p><p>He moved out of the office, into the hallway, and paused to put his Stetson on his head. "Ray Krebbs," he seethed under his breath. "You lying, cheating son of a bitch!"</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I don't see you can pull it off, Pam," Sue Ellen said thoughtfully. "If you only invite me and JR and Cliff and Afton down to the courthouse, Miss Ellie will be hurt. Lucy will be disappointed too."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I just don't want a huge crowd," Pam sighed. "But honestly, Bobby agrees with you. He's pushing for a real wedding."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Why not compromise?" April suggested. "Have a small wedding with just close family but do it at Southfork so the whole family can be there."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I don't want a wedding at Southfork," Pam sighed. "I know what will happen. It will start out small, but guests will keep being added and before long it will turn into a full blown social event. There's just no way to keep it private. Any flowers or catering and everyone in Dallas will know before long."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"True," Sue Ellen agreed. "But you could have it here."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"What?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Have it here," Sue Ellen repeated. "JR and I will be moved in and settled in a couple of weeks. You and I can do all the planning, family only. Less than 20 people."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Will Miss Ellie let us plan it by ourselves?" Pam asked.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yes," Sue Ellen assured her. "She stayed completely out of the planning of mine and JR's wedding. She let Lucy do it all on her own."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I think it's a grand idea," April smiled. "You get your private wedding, and Bobby gets the whole family there. Win, win."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Well...if you're sure, Sue Ellen. I don't want to impose…"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Don't be silly, Pam!" Sue Ellen smiled. "It will all be perfectly beautiful! Just wait and see!"</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>Cliff let himself into the apartment and was surprised to hear noise coming from the kitchen. He walked towards the sound and saw Afton humming to herself as she mopped the floor. He watched her for a few minutes as relief soaked through his body. She was home - and she was sober.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You know I have a cleaning lady, right?" he finally said.</p><p></p><p></p><p>Afton jumped and cried out. "Cliff! You scared the life out of me!" </p><p></p><p></p><p>"Sorry."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"And yes, I know you have a cleaning lady, but she doesn't come for a couple of days and there's apple juice on the floor right now. Pammy dropped her cup."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Where is Pammy?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Napping in the nursery. What are you doing home this time of day?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You weren't answering the phone," Cliff told her truthfully. "I was worried."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"What are you talking about? The phone hasn't rang all day."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Mitch called repeatedly. I called too."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Afton shook her head, "it hasn't rang, Cliff."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Cliff walked from the kitchen over to the cordless phone in the living room. The receiver was missing. He walked into the bedroom and saw it on the bedside table where he'd left it the night before. He picked it up and realized the battery was dead.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Cliff?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>He turned his head and saw Afton standing in the doorway. "Dead battery," he told her. "I'm going to put a wall phone in the kitchen. If something had happened and you needed to call for help.."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You thought I was using, didn't you?" she asked softly.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"It crossed my mind," he confessed. "I'm sorry, Afton. I know I need to learn to trust you…"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"No, Cliff," Afton corrected him, moving across the room to stand directly in front of him."I'm an addict. You can't learn to trust me until I earn that trust. I know it will take time."</p><p></p><p></p><p>He reached out and pushed a stray lock of hair away from her face. "I love you, you know."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I know," she smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck. "I love you too."</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Thanks for giving me the morning off, Clayton."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Clayton and Ray looked up to see Jack coming into the kitchen.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You don't need my permission to take time off anymore, Jack. You're a partner now." Clayton reminded him. "Did you get it?" </p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yeah."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Well, let's see it!" Ray demanded.</p><p></p><p></p><p>Jack reached into his pocket and pulled out a black velvet box. He opened it slowly and showed the other men the ring inside.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"April is going to love it," Clayton told him. "When are you going to propose?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Tonight," Jack answered. "And I'm nervous as hell."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Don't be," Ray laughed. "She'll say yes before you even manage to finish asking the question."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I hope so," Jack sighed, "because the only thing in the world I really want is to make that woman my wife again. And this time, I am going to hang on to her forever."</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>"So how are you liking Southfork so far?" Lucy asked</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Love it," James replied. "It must have been wonderful growing up here."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"It had its moments. Good and bad."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"No family is perfect," James told her. "But at least you guys really seem to love each other."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"We do," Lucy agreed. "But don't make this some fairy tale in your head, James. We're pretty messed up. Combative. Tangled up relationships."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yeah, well at least you're all on speaking terms. More than I can say for the family I grew up in."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"John Ross and Christopher have really taken to you."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I've never really spent any time around kids before," James admitted. "But I really enjoy it. They're great. A lot of fun."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yes. James?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yeah?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I've taken to you too. I really hope it turns out that we're cousins."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Me too, Lucy," James smiled at her. "Me too."</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>"If you spray me with those guns, I will ground you for life!" Sue Ellen yelled at the boys. "Point them somewhere else!"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"We really should have thought things through before we bought those things," Pam laughed.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yes. We've turned our children into little water gun terrorists!"</p><p></p><p></p><p>Pam and Sue Ellen were lounging in the sun.The boys were playing in the pool with James and Lucy. April and Jack were sitting alone at a table, deep in conversation. Clayton, Ellie, Ray, and Patricia were sitting under an umbrella, playing a card game.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"This is nice," Pam sighed. "I wish Bobby and JR were here."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Someone has to go into the office and earn a living," Sue Ellen giggled.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Maybe not," Pam pointed at JR's car coming down the driveway. "He's home early."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Maybe he got the results of the paternity test," Sue Ellen said nervously.</p><p></p><p></p><p>Before Pam could reply, JR climbed out of his car, slammed the door, and stalked purposely over to Ray. "You son of a bitch!" he growled, yanking Ray out of his chair. "When were you planning to tell me you slept with her?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Slept with who, JR?" Ray asked, confused. He tried to shake JR loose, but the other man had a death grip on his arm. "What's wrong with you?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"What's wrong with me?" JR asked snidely. "How about having a brother who sleeps with my woman, for starters. And then add in lying about it for years!"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"JR!" Miss Ellie admonished her son. "Let him go!"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"No," JR snapped back. "Not until he tells me the truth!"</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen stood up and ran over to the two men. "JR, please stop this! The children are watching!"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Stay out of this, Sue Ellen!" JR raged. "If he doesn't tell me the truth right now, I'm going to beat him within an inch of his life."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Try it," Ray challenged him. "I guarantee you'll leave more than your fair share of blood on the ground."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You thought I'd never know, didn't you?" JR demanded. "You thought I'd never find out!"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Find out about what, JR?" Ray asked, starting to lose his temper.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You screwing around with MY woman. Tell me, Ray, did I even cross your mind when you were in bed with her?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"JR, please!" Sue Ellen pleaded.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"My own brother. You scum."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I didn't know we were brothers then!" Ray shouted. "It was years ago JR! She was drunk! I don't even think she knew what she was doing! And I made a huge mistake not walking away!"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Oh, you made a mistake, alright," JR snarled. "And it's one you're going to be paying for for the rest of your miserable life! Why didn't you tell me?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Why would I?" Ray snapped. "You were sleeping with everything in a skirt! You didn't want her! She was drunk and lonely and we both made a mistake! It only happened once, JR. I don't know how you found out about it, but I swear to you, it only happened once! And maybe instead of being mad at me, you should blame yourself! If you had treated your wife with one shred of decency it never would have happened!"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"What…" JR let go of Ray and stumbled a few steps backwards. "Did you just say… my wife..."</p><p></p><p></p><p>He turned his head to look at Sue Ellen. She was ghost white. Her eyes were wide and panicked. Tears were flowing freely down her cheeks.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Oh, Sue Ellen…" JR's voice was full of anguish. "Oh please, honey, no…"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"JR…"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"It's true, isn't it?" JR's voice was thick with uncried tears. </p><p></p><p></p><p>"JR…" she whispered brokenly. "I can explain…"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"YOU SON OF A BITCH!" JR roared, charging forward at Ray and knocking him to the ground. JR climbed on top of him and started pummeling his head with brutal blows. "I am going to kill you!"</p><p></p><p></p><p>Everyone else was too shocked to move for a few seconds. Finally Sue Ellen let out a tortured cry and ran into the house. Pam and Patricia went after her. Jack and Clayton ran over and forcibly lifted JR off the ground, holding him back as he continued to struggle to get loose and get back at Ray.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"JR!" Ellie screamed. "Please calm down."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"He's a dead man! You hear me! A dead man!"</p><p></p><p></p><p>Lucy, James, and the boys watched the scene unfold, all too shocked to move. Finally Lucy shook her head and put her arms around the shoulders of both boys. "It's going to be okay," she soothed them. "Just another family squabble."</p><p></p><p></p><p>The boys both nodded and hugged her tightly. Lucy fixed her gaze on James's stunned face and shrugged. "Whelp. Welcome to Southfork."</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="CeeCee72, post: 228822, member: 5055"] I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended. This is a "What if?" fanfic. What if in the season eleven episode "Top Gun" Sue Ellen had changed her mind at the last possible moment and instead of teaming up with Kimberly and Wendell to beat JR she voted her Weststar shares to make him CEO? *** What If Part 92 *** "Thank you for coming over so quickly." "Well, you said it was important," JR shrugged. "You have the paternity test results?" "Yes," Dr. Parks sighed. "Please have a seat." Dr. Parks walked behind his desk, sat down, and reached for a folder. "We ran the test twice to verify the results. Mr. Ewing, you are not the biological father of James Brumin." JR sat silently for a few moments, processing what Dr. Parks has told him. "I'm relieved," he finally said. "But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't surprised. He… he looks like a Ewing." "Yes, well," Dr. Parks cleared his throat. "There's a reason for that." "What?" JR asked, his eyes narrowing in confusion. "Mr. Ewing, you're not James's father. But he is related to you. Closely. I would say nephew or cousin." "That's not possible. And how would you even know that?" "It's not just possible, Mr. Ewing; it's fact. Paternity testing has come a long way in the past several years. It's not a blood test anymore. We test DNA. We can tell a lot from it. James Brumin isn't your son, but he is your relative." "That's not…" "You have brothers, do you not? Any Uncles?" "Three brothers. Can't be Bobby. He was too young and he would have told me by now if he had a thing with Vanessa. Gary wasn't even around. Ray…" "Yes?" "Oh, my God," JR muttered. "You understand now why I didn't want to discuss this over the phone?" "Yes. Listen, doctor, keep this under wraps. Not a word to anyone." "All medical files are confidential, Mr. Ewing. You needed worry." JR nodded and stood up. "Thank you, Dr. Parks." He moved out of the office, into the hallway, and paused to put his Stetson on his head. "Ray Krebbs," he seethed under his breath. "You lying, cheating son of a bitch!" *** "I don't see you can pull it off, Pam," Sue Ellen said thoughtfully. "If you only invite me and JR and Cliff and Afton down to the courthouse, Miss Ellie will be hurt. Lucy will be disappointed too." "I just don't want a huge crowd," Pam sighed. "But honestly, Bobby agrees with you. He's pushing for a real wedding." "Why not compromise?" April suggested. "Have a small wedding with just close family but do it at Southfork so the whole family can be there." "I don't want a wedding at Southfork," Pam sighed. "I know what will happen. It will start out small, but guests will keep being added and before long it will turn into a full blown social event. There's just no way to keep it private. Any flowers or catering and everyone in Dallas will know before long." "True," Sue Ellen agreed. "But you could have it here." "What?" "Have it here," Sue Ellen repeated. "JR and I will be moved in and settled in a couple of weeks. You and I can do all the planning, family only. Less than 20 people." "Will Miss Ellie let us plan it by ourselves?" Pam asked. "Yes," Sue Ellen assured her. "She stayed completely out of the planning of mine and JR's wedding. She let Lucy do it all on her own." "I think it's a grand idea," April smiled. "You get your private wedding, and Bobby gets the whole family there. Win, win." "Well...if you're sure, Sue Ellen. I don't want to impose…" "Don't be silly, Pam!" Sue Ellen smiled. "It will all be perfectly beautiful! Just wait and see!" *** Cliff let himself into the apartment and was surprised to hear noise coming from the kitchen. He walked towards the sound and saw Afton humming to herself as she mopped the floor. He watched her for a few minutes as relief soaked through his body. She was home - and she was sober. "You know I have a cleaning lady, right?" he finally said. Afton jumped and cried out. "Cliff! You scared the life out of me!" "Sorry." "And yes, I know you have a cleaning lady, but she doesn't come for a couple of days and there's apple juice on the floor right now. Pammy dropped her cup." "Where is Pammy?" "Napping in the nursery. What are you doing home this time of day?" "You weren't answering the phone," Cliff told her truthfully. "I was worried." "What are you talking about? The phone hasn't rang all day." "Mitch called repeatedly. I called too." Afton shook her head, "it hasn't rang, Cliff." Cliff walked from the kitchen over to the cordless phone in the living room. The receiver was missing. He walked into the bedroom and saw it on the bedside table where he'd left it the night before. He picked it up and realized the battery was dead. "Cliff?" He turned his head and saw Afton standing in the doorway. "Dead battery," he told her. "I'm going to put a wall phone in the kitchen. If something had happened and you needed to call for help.." "You thought I was using, didn't you?" she asked softly. "It crossed my mind," he confessed. "I'm sorry, Afton. I know I need to learn to trust you…" "No, Cliff," Afton corrected him, moving across the room to stand directly in front of him."I'm an addict. You can't learn to trust me until I earn that trust. I know it will take time." He reached out and pushed a stray lock of hair away from her face. "I love you, you know." "I know," she smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck. "I love you too." *** "Thanks for giving me the morning off, Clayton." Clayton and Ray looked up to see Jack coming into the kitchen. "You don't need my permission to take time off anymore, Jack. You're a partner now." Clayton reminded him. "Did you get it?" "Yeah." "Well, let's see it!" Ray demanded. Jack reached into his pocket and pulled out a black velvet box. He opened it slowly and showed the other men the ring inside. "April is going to love it," Clayton told him. "When are you going to propose?" "Tonight," Jack answered. "And I'm nervous as hell." "Don't be," Ray laughed. "She'll say yes before you even manage to finish asking the question." "I hope so," Jack sighed, "because the only thing in the world I really want is to make that woman my wife again. And this time, I am going to hang on to her forever." *** "So how are you liking Southfork so far?" Lucy asked "Love it," James replied. "It must have been wonderful growing up here." "It had its moments. Good and bad." "No family is perfect," James told her. "But at least you guys really seem to love each other." "We do," Lucy agreed. "But don't make this some fairy tale in your head, James. We're pretty messed up. Combative. Tangled up relationships." "Yeah, well at least you're all on speaking terms. More than I can say for the family I grew up in." "John Ross and Christopher have really taken to you." "I've never really spent any time around kids before," James admitted. "But I really enjoy it. They're great. A lot of fun." "Yes. James?" "Yeah?" "I've taken to you too. I really hope it turns out that we're cousins." "Me too, Lucy," James smiled at her. "Me too." *** "If you spray me with those guns, I will ground you for life!" Sue Ellen yelled at the boys. "Point them somewhere else!" "We really should have thought things through before we bought those things," Pam laughed. "Yes. We've turned our children into little water gun terrorists!" Pam and Sue Ellen were lounging in the sun.The boys were playing in the pool with James and Lucy. April and Jack were sitting alone at a table, deep in conversation. Clayton, Ellie, Ray, and Patricia were sitting under an umbrella, playing a card game. "This is nice," Pam sighed. "I wish Bobby and JR were here." "Someone has to go into the office and earn a living," Sue Ellen giggled. "Maybe not," Pam pointed at JR's car coming down the driveway. "He's home early." "Maybe he got the results of the paternity test," Sue Ellen said nervously. Before Pam could reply, JR climbed out of his car, slammed the door, and stalked purposely over to Ray. "You son of a bitch!" he growled, yanking Ray out of his chair. "When were you planning to tell me you slept with her?" "Slept with who, JR?" Ray asked, confused. He tried to shake JR loose, but the other man had a death grip on his arm. "What's wrong with you?" "What's wrong with me?" JR asked snidely. "How about having a brother who sleeps with my woman, for starters. And then add in lying about it for years!" "JR!" Miss Ellie admonished her son. "Let him go!" "No," JR snapped back. "Not until he tells me the truth!" Sue Ellen stood up and ran over to the two men. "JR, please stop this! The children are watching!" "Stay out of this, Sue Ellen!" JR raged. "If he doesn't tell me the truth right now, I'm going to beat him within an inch of his life." "Try it," Ray challenged him. "I guarantee you'll leave more than your fair share of blood on the ground." "You thought I'd never know, didn't you?" JR demanded. "You thought I'd never find out!" "Find out about what, JR?" Ray asked, starting to lose his temper. "You screwing around with MY woman. Tell me, Ray, did I even cross your mind when you were in bed with her?" "JR, please!" Sue Ellen pleaded. "My own brother. You scum." "I didn't know we were brothers then!" Ray shouted. "It was years ago JR! She was drunk! I don't even think she knew what she was doing! And I made a huge mistake not walking away!" "Oh, you made a mistake, alright," JR snarled. "And it's one you're going to be paying for for the rest of your miserable life! Why didn't you tell me?" "Why would I?" Ray snapped. "You were sleeping with everything in a skirt! You didn't want her! She was drunk and lonely and we both made a mistake! It only happened once, JR. I don't know how you found out about it, but I swear to you, it only happened once! And maybe instead of being mad at me, you should blame yourself! If you had treated your wife with one shred of decency it never would have happened!" "What…" JR let go of Ray and stumbled a few steps backwards. "Did you just say… my wife..." He turned his head to look at Sue Ellen. She was ghost white. Her eyes were wide and panicked. Tears were flowing freely down her cheeks. "Oh, Sue Ellen…" JR's voice was full of anguish. "Oh please, honey, no…" "JR…" "It's true, isn't it?" JR's voice was thick with uncried tears. "JR…" she whispered brokenly. "I can explain…" "YOU SON OF A BITCH!" JR roared, charging forward at Ray and knocking him to the ground. JR climbed on top of him and started pummeling his head with brutal blows. "I am going to kill you!" Everyone else was too shocked to move for a few seconds. Finally Sue Ellen let out a tortured cry and ran into the house. Pam and Patricia went after her. Jack and Clayton ran over and forcibly lifted JR off the ground, holding him back as he continued to struggle to get loose and get back at Ray. "JR!" Ellie screamed. "Please calm down." "He's a dead man! You hear me! A dead man!" Lucy, James, and the boys watched the scene unfold, all too shocked to move. Finally Lucy shook her head and put her arms around the shoulders of both boys. "It's going to be okay," she soothed them. "Just another family squabble." The boys both nodded and hugged her tightly. Lucy fixed her gaze on James's stunned face and shrugged. "Whelp. Welcome to Southfork." *** [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
What If
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top