Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
What If
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="CeeCee72" data-source="post: 229027" data-attributes="member: 5055"><p>I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.</p><p></p><p></p><p>This is a "What if?" fanfic. What if in the season eleven episode "Top Gun" Sue Ellen had changed her mind at the last possible moment and instead of teaming up with Kimberly and Wendell to beat JR she voted her Weststar shares to make him CEO?</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>What If</p><p></p><p></p><p>Part 94</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Well? Have you asked her yet?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>Jack looked up and saw Clayton taking a seat beside him. "I did. She said yes. We talked about it and decided that tonight wasn't a good time to make an announcement, so I put the ring back in my pocket for now."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Wise decision. Too much tension here tonight to announce a wedding."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I feel like I should talk to him," Jack nodded his head at James, who was playing horseshoes with Lucy and the boys, "but I don't know what to say."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"If he turns out to be your brother, it'll be a huge adjustment for you both. Probably for the best to take your time and let a relationship develop naturally."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Probably," Jack agreed. "I know he's disappointed. He really wanted JR to be his father."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"No," Ray said, coming over to sit with them. "He wanted a family. He found one. He'll be fine."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I hope so," Jack said. "I don't want to be one more in a long string of life disappointments for that kid."</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>"JR?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yeah?" He was sitting alone on the couch in the living room nursing a drink. The rest of the family were all out by the pool, but he wanted to be alone.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Are you alright? Everyone is looking for you."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"No they're not, Bob," JR growled. "Everyone's relieved I'm not out there causing stress."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"That's not true, JR."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Ray was the first time she cheated," JR mused. "I always thought it was Barnes."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"JR, don't do this."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Do what? Face the truth?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"No. Torture yourself. What does any of it matter now? You two have long since worked through your problems."</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR was silent for a minute, sipping on his drink. "She was a good wife to me," he finally said in a flat voice. "Supportive. Loving. The perfect hostess. The perfect woman to have on my arm at social events. And I loved her, Bob. I really did. But I couldn't…"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Couldn't what?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"She was a lady. She was... untouchable. I wanted her but I couldn't reconcile those feelings with my vision of her as pure. Ray's right. I neglected her. Horribly. I took her for granted. Used her like a trophy to show off in public and then put back in the case when I was done with her."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"JR, that was then. Things have changed."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yes," JR agreed. "Things changed. Took me years. But it's all my fault. If I hadn't treated her so damn badly she never would have broken her vows. Not with Ray, not with anyone else. It's my fault. And now…"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"What?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Now I don't know how to face her."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Bobby sighed and walked over to sit beside his brother. "JR, you're being ridiculous. What happened between her and Ray all those years ago doesn't wipe out what you are to each other now. There's no reason not to face her. She loves you so much. She's out there now, putting on a brave face, but we all see how scared she is. You sat next to her at dinner but didn't speak one word to her, didn't even glance in her direction. How do you think that made her feel?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Awful," JR admitted.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yeah. Well, maybe instead of sitting her wallowing in guilt about how you neglected your wife all those years ago, you need to get out there and make sure you're not neglecting her now. Don't make the same mistake again, JR. Sue Ellen isn't the same woman she was back then. She loves you, but she'll only put up with so much crap from you."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Bobby got up and walked from the room before JR could reply. He sat there and drained the rest of his drink, taking comfort in the quiet solace of being alone.</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>"The boys seem to be taking all the drama pretty well."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Lucy looked up at James and shrugged. "Sad to say, they're used to it. We all are. Constant drama is part of being a Ewing."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I gathered that already," James chuckled. "Still, everyone seems to still be on speaking terms at least."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"How do you feel about possibly being Jack's brother?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I don't know. I haven't spent a lot of time with him."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"He's a really great guy once you get to know him."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yeah. Lucy, do you think maybe you could drive me into town tomorrow morning?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Sure. What for?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I want to talk to my mother."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Really? You sure that's a good idea?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"No," he confessed. "But I have to know. She was here in Dallas and had a whirlwind affair with JR. So when did she meet Jack's dad? And how did she end up sleeping with him? And why did my father know about JR but not about Jason? I have so many questions. The paternity test will answer a few but my mother is the only one who can answer the rest."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Do you know where she's staying?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yeah. I hate to impose but would really appreciate not having to be alone with her."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"No worries, James," Lucy smiled at him. "After all, that's what cousins are for."</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Ladies."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Patricia and Sue Ellen both turned their heads at the sound of JR's voice. He bent down and placed a soft kiss on the top of Sue Ellen's head and sat down between them. "Hot out tonight. Tempted to join the boys in the pool."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"It's awfully muggy," Patricia agreed. "In fact, I think I need another iced tea. Can I get either of you anything?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen and JR both shook their heads and thanked her. She nodded and stood up to walk away from the table.</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR sighed and settled down into his seat. He reached over and grabbed Sue Ellen's hand and put it on his knee. "How are you feeling?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I don't know, JR," her tone had a hint of ice to it. "The whole family found out I slept with Ray. My husband is furious with me. My children are confused and scared. You ignored me all the way through dinner and now come out here to hold my hand and put on a show for the family. How should I feel?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I'm not putting on a show for anyone," he told her. "I came over here because I wanted to be near you."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Is that right?" she asked bitterly. "Because after dinner, it seemed as if you couldn't get away from me fast enough!"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I needed to be alone."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Really? So is this how it's going to be while you 'work through' things? Running from me one minute and demanding my attention the next? And I guess I am supposed to just bounce around at your pleasure like a ping pong ball while you sulk over finding out I've done something to you that you've done to me a hundred times?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR narrowed his eyes on her face. She was angry. Her eyes were dark. Her cheeks were flush. He knew that look as well as he knew the back of his own hand. "I told you I was going to need time."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Time for what, JR? You can either accept that I slept with Ray or you can't. It happened so damn many years ago and after all the women you have brought into our bed -literally in some cases - how dare you…"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Shut up," he growled under his breath.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"What did you just say to me?!"</p><p></p><p></p><p>""Look," he moved his head close to hers and whispered into her ear, "the boys are watching us."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen glanced over at John Ross and Christopher and saw that JR was right. She took a deep breath and turned her head to face him. "I love you, JR," she whispered. "But I don't see why you should expect me to suffer for something that happened so long ago. Not when I have forgiven you for worse time after time after time."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Come on," he grunted, standing up and holding his hand out to her.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Come where?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Upstairs," he said so softly that no one else could hear.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Why?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You know why," he mocked her. "Ray. Cliff. Nicholas. They all happened because I neglected you, pushed you away. Not making that same mistake now."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You think having sex will make everything better between us?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yes," he said truthfully. "I need to be close to you right now."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"JR…"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Come on," he commanded her again. "Don't make me pick you up and carry you upstairs kicking and screaming."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You wouldn't dare," she challenged. "You've been embarrassed enough in front of the family today."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Want to try me Sue Ellen?" his voice was low and dangerous. "I don't care one bit about being embarrassed. I need you. And you need to feel me inside you. I'm not taking no for an answer. Come quietly or make a scene, but you're coming."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen let out a low, protesting groan but took his hand and stood up. She followed him into the house and up the stairs to their bedroom. He shut the door and locked it then moved to stand so close to her their bodies almost touched.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Listen hear, Miss Texas," he growled, "this isn't easy for me but I'm trying. I won't promise you I'll behave perfectly or react the way you always want me to in every situation. But I know it's all my fault. All of it. I don't blame you. I don't blame Ray. I blame myself. And if you think it's easy for me to look you in the eye and admit what I did to you is easy for me, then you're crazy."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I won't have you acting like you can't stand the sight of me because you're feeling guilty, JR."</p><p></p><p></p><p>He laughed at her words and moved quickly. Before she could react, she found herself flat on her back with him on top of her.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Feel that?" he ground his hips into hers. "Does that feel like I can't stand the sight of you?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"JR…"</p><p></p><p></p><p>Her words were lost in his mouth. He kissed her with a passion that was so strong, it was almost brutal.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You're mine," he ground out. "You always have been."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"And you're mine!" she shot back angrily.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yes," he agreed, putting his hands between their bodies to remove their clothes. "And I always will be."</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="CeeCee72, post: 229027, member: 5055"] I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended. This is a "What if?" fanfic. What if in the season eleven episode "Top Gun" Sue Ellen had changed her mind at the last possible moment and instead of teaming up with Kimberly and Wendell to beat JR she voted her Weststar shares to make him CEO? *** What If Part 94 *** "Well? Have you asked her yet?" Jack looked up and saw Clayton taking a seat beside him. "I did. She said yes. We talked about it and decided that tonight wasn't a good time to make an announcement, so I put the ring back in my pocket for now." "Wise decision. Too much tension here tonight to announce a wedding." "I feel like I should talk to him," Jack nodded his head at James, who was playing horseshoes with Lucy and the boys, "but I don't know what to say." "If he turns out to be your brother, it'll be a huge adjustment for you both. Probably for the best to take your time and let a relationship develop naturally." "Probably," Jack agreed. "I know he's disappointed. He really wanted JR to be his father." "No," Ray said, coming over to sit with them. "He wanted a family. He found one. He'll be fine." "I hope so," Jack said. "I don't want to be one more in a long string of life disappointments for that kid." *** "JR?" "Yeah?" He was sitting alone on the couch in the living room nursing a drink. The rest of the family were all out by the pool, but he wanted to be alone. "Are you alright? Everyone is looking for you." "No they're not, Bob," JR growled. "Everyone's relieved I'm not out there causing stress." "That's not true, JR." "Ray was the first time she cheated," JR mused. "I always thought it was Barnes." "JR, don't do this." "Do what? Face the truth?" "No. Torture yourself. What does any of it matter now? You two have long since worked through your problems." JR was silent for a minute, sipping on his drink. "She was a good wife to me," he finally said in a flat voice. "Supportive. Loving. The perfect hostess. The perfect woman to have on my arm at social events. And I loved her, Bob. I really did. But I couldn't…" "Couldn't what?" "She was a lady. She was... untouchable. I wanted her but I couldn't reconcile those feelings with my vision of her as pure. Ray's right. I neglected her. Horribly. I took her for granted. Used her like a trophy to show off in public and then put back in the case when I was done with her." "JR, that was then. Things have changed." "Yes," JR agreed. "Things changed. Took me years. But it's all my fault. If I hadn't treated her so damn badly she never would have broken her vows. Not with Ray, not with anyone else. It's my fault. And now…" "What?" "Now I don't know how to face her." Bobby sighed and walked over to sit beside his brother. "JR, you're being ridiculous. What happened between her and Ray all those years ago doesn't wipe out what you are to each other now. There's no reason not to face her. She loves you so much. She's out there now, putting on a brave face, but we all see how scared she is. You sat next to her at dinner but didn't speak one word to her, didn't even glance in her direction. How do you think that made her feel?" "Awful," JR admitted. "Yeah. Well, maybe instead of sitting her wallowing in guilt about how you neglected your wife all those years ago, you need to get out there and make sure you're not neglecting her now. Don't make the same mistake again, JR. Sue Ellen isn't the same woman she was back then. She loves you, but she'll only put up with so much crap from you." Bobby got up and walked from the room before JR could reply. He sat there and drained the rest of his drink, taking comfort in the quiet solace of being alone. *** "The boys seem to be taking all the drama pretty well." Lucy looked up at James and shrugged. "Sad to say, they're used to it. We all are. Constant drama is part of being a Ewing." "I gathered that already," James chuckled. "Still, everyone seems to still be on speaking terms at least." "How do you feel about possibly being Jack's brother?" "I don't know. I haven't spent a lot of time with him." "He's a really great guy once you get to know him." "Yeah. Lucy, do you think maybe you could drive me into town tomorrow morning?" "Sure. What for?" "I want to talk to my mother." "Really? You sure that's a good idea?" "No," he confessed. "But I have to know. She was here in Dallas and had a whirlwind affair with JR. So when did she meet Jack's dad? And how did she end up sleeping with him? And why did my father know about JR but not about Jason? I have so many questions. The paternity test will answer a few but my mother is the only one who can answer the rest." "Do you know where she's staying?" "Yeah. I hate to impose but would really appreciate not having to be alone with her." "No worries, James," Lucy smiled at him. "After all, that's what cousins are for." *** "Ladies." Patricia and Sue Ellen both turned their heads at the sound of JR's voice. He bent down and placed a soft kiss on the top of Sue Ellen's head and sat down between them. "Hot out tonight. Tempted to join the boys in the pool." "It's awfully muggy," Patricia agreed. "In fact, I think I need another iced tea. Can I get either of you anything?" Sue Ellen and JR both shook their heads and thanked her. She nodded and stood up to walk away from the table. JR sighed and settled down into his seat. He reached over and grabbed Sue Ellen's hand and put it on his knee. "How are you feeling?" "I don't know, JR," her tone had a hint of ice to it. "The whole family found out I slept with Ray. My husband is furious with me. My children are confused and scared. You ignored me all the way through dinner and now come out here to hold my hand and put on a show for the family. How should I feel?" "I'm not putting on a show for anyone," he told her. "I came over here because I wanted to be near you." "Is that right?" she asked bitterly. "Because after dinner, it seemed as if you couldn't get away from me fast enough!" "I needed to be alone." "Really? So is this how it's going to be while you 'work through' things? Running from me one minute and demanding my attention the next? And I guess I am supposed to just bounce around at your pleasure like a ping pong ball while you sulk over finding out I've done something to you that you've done to me a hundred times?" JR narrowed his eyes on her face. She was angry. Her eyes were dark. Her cheeks were flush. He knew that look as well as he knew the back of his own hand. "I told you I was going to need time." "Time for what, JR? You can either accept that I slept with Ray or you can't. It happened so damn many years ago and after all the women you have brought into our bed -literally in some cases - how dare you…" "Shut up," he growled under his breath. "What did you just say to me?!" ""Look," he moved his head close to hers and whispered into her ear, "the boys are watching us." Sue Ellen glanced over at John Ross and Christopher and saw that JR was right. She took a deep breath and turned her head to face him. "I love you, JR," she whispered. "But I don't see why you should expect me to suffer for something that happened so long ago. Not when I have forgiven you for worse time after time after time." "Come on," he grunted, standing up and holding his hand out to her. "Come where?" "Upstairs," he said so softly that no one else could hear. "Why?" "You know why," he mocked her. "Ray. Cliff. Nicholas. They all happened because I neglected you, pushed you away. Not making that same mistake now." "You think having sex will make everything better between us?" "Yes," he said truthfully. "I need to be close to you right now." "JR…" "Come on," he commanded her again. "Don't make me pick you up and carry you upstairs kicking and screaming." "You wouldn't dare," she challenged. "You've been embarrassed enough in front of the family today." "Want to try me Sue Ellen?" his voice was low and dangerous. "I don't care one bit about being embarrassed. I need you. And you need to feel me inside you. I'm not taking no for an answer. Come quietly or make a scene, but you're coming." Sue Ellen let out a low, protesting groan but took his hand and stood up. She followed him into the house and up the stairs to their bedroom. He shut the door and locked it then moved to stand so close to her their bodies almost touched. "Listen hear, Miss Texas," he growled, "this isn't easy for me but I'm trying. I won't promise you I'll behave perfectly or react the way you always want me to in every situation. But I know it's all my fault. All of it. I don't blame you. I don't blame Ray. I blame myself. And if you think it's easy for me to look you in the eye and admit what I did to you is easy for me, then you're crazy." "I won't have you acting like you can't stand the sight of me because you're feeling guilty, JR." He laughed at her words and moved quickly. Before she could react, she found herself flat on her back with him on top of her. "Feel that?" he ground his hips into hers. "Does that feel like I can't stand the sight of you?" "JR…" Her words were lost in his mouth. He kissed her with a passion that was so strong, it was almost brutal. "You're mine," he ground out. "You always have been." "And you're mine!" she shot back angrily. "Yes," he agreed, putting his hands between their bodies to remove their clothes. "And I always will be." *** [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
What If
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top