Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
What If
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="CeeCee72" data-source="post: 229430" data-attributes="member: 5055"><p>I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.</p><p></p><p></p><p>This is a "What if?" fanfic. What if in the season eleven episode "Top Gun" Sue Ellen had changed her mind at the last possible moment and instead of teaming up with Kimberly and Wendell to beat JR she voted her Weststar shares to make him CEO?</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>What If</p><p></p><p></p><p>Part 97</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>"JR! Please be careful with that!"</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR rolled his eyes, "Just tell me where you want the damn thing."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Right over there," Sue Ellen pointed.</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR and James dutifully walked to the designated spot and carefully set the vanity down.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I swear," JR grumbled, "we lived in one damn room at Southfork but it feels like we've carried over enough stuff to fill up the whole damn house."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Stop complaining, JR," Sue Ellen growled at him.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"No," he grinned at her and winked.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I think this is the last load of your clothes," April groaned, her arms full of dresses and frocks. "Jack is behind me with JR's suits."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Thank you, April. Just put it all on the bed. I'll hang everything up later."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You need me to move anything else at the moment?" JR asked his wife.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"No, run along and don't be in the way."</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR laughed, walked over to her and smacked her on the behind. "Be nice, Miss Texas or I won't help you break in the new bathtub tonight."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yes you will," Sue Ellen retorted.</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR threw back his head and laughed deeply. "You're right. Yes I will." He kissed her on the cheek and moved away from her. "Come on, James. Let's go downstairs and grab a beer before she changes her mind and finds something else for us to do."</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>"That it?" Bobby asked Harv Smithfield.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yes. Ewing Oil now owns all of Stonesworth Oil, lock stock, and barrel."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Great," Cliff stood up. "It's a real shame we had to cut a deal that kept Marilee out of jail though."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yes," Bobby agreed. "But JR is right. This is better for the company in the long term."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"True. Can't have everything I guess."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I'll file the paperwork this afternoon," Harv told them. "See you boys soon."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Damn," Cliff sighed, looking at his watch. "I'm late meeting Afton at counseling. I'll call you later."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Okay. Oh, hey, Cliff, did you talk to Pam and April about giving them both away?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yep. Bringing them both down the aisle at the same time."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Good," Bobby nodded. "Glad they worked it out. This double wedding thing seemed like a good idea until we actually had to start hammering out the details."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"The devil is always in the details," Cliff said. "I'll see you later."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Phyllis came into Bobby's office as Cliff was leaving. "Bobby, Ray is on line four. He says it's an emergency."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Bobby nodded and snatched up the phone. "Ray? What's wrong? Uh huh. Damn. Well, I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later. No. He's helping Sue Ellen and JR move into the new house today. Yeah. I'll head over there now. Don't do anything until you hear back from me."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Bobby put down the phone and grabbed his jacket and briefcase. "Son-of-a-bitch," he muttered to himself on the way out the door.</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>"This place looks awesome," Mitch said, taking a sip of beer.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen has worked really hard on it," Lucy told him. "I know she'll be glad to finally be able to settle in."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Thanks for inviting me over," Mitch told her. "I was going nuts in that hotel room."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Any luck finding an apartment yet?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I haven't actually even looked yet. I spent all day yesterday doing paperwork for the new job at the hospital. Afton is supposed to go with me apartment hunting tomorrow."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Everything better between the two of you?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"We're mending our fences," he shrugged. "She looks healthy and happy though. And Pammy, did you know she was saying real words now?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Really?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yep. She can say blocks and paint and juice. She really seems to be coming out of her shell."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"That's amazing. I'm so glad to hear it."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You should go see her. She misses you. In fact, I'm supposed to have dinner over there tonight. Why don't you go with me?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Oh, I don't know, Mitch. I'm not sure I'm ready to be around Afton again yet."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You're going to have to get used to her being around. She's coming to the wedding. Besides, she's always going to be my sister and once we're married again…"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Whoa. What?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"What?" Mitch repeated.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Are you proposing to me? Because if you are this is the least romantic way possible to do it."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"No," Mitch laughed. "I'm not proposing. Not yet. But eventually I will and we'll be married and Afton will be a part of our lives."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You're awfully sure of yourself, aren't you?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Sure. Why wouldn't I be? We belong together, Lucy. Always have. We just both need to do some growing up."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"We've had plenty of time to grow up already, Mitch."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"True. But you know what they say."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"What's that?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Third time's the charm."</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Living way out here will take some getting used to," April groused. "I bet you guys can't even get takeout delivered."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You don't need takeout at Southfork," Sue Ellen laughed. "There's always more food around than anyone could ever eat. What are you going to do with your apartment?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Michelle is moving in there," April told her. "It's paid for, so no rent. She can save up her money until she can afford her own place."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Have you noticed the sparks flying between Michelle and James?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Hard not to notice," April grinned. </p><p></p><p></p><p>"Young love," Sue Ellen sighed wistfully.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"More like young lust!" April laughed. </p><p></p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen?" JR's voice floated up the steps. "Can you come down here, honey?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen and April walked down the steps where JR, James, Jack, and Bobby were all waiting.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"What's wrong?" Sue Ellen asked nervously.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"A reporter showed up at Ray's house. One of England's biggest tabloids is getting ready to publish a story about a sex scandal involving Vanessa Beaumont Brumin, an American Cowboy, and their illegitimate son."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Well, we knew it was bound to happen sooner or later," Sue Ellen sighed. "Get Harv Smithfield on the phone, JR. It's time to publicly acknowledge James as a Ewing."</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Any feelings of self loathing or hatred?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"No," Afton told the therapist. "Not for quite a while."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Suicidal thoughts or thoughts of self harm?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"No," Afton shook her head.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Mr. Barnes, how would you say Afton is functioning?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Amazingly well," Cliff smiled. "She's an incredible mother to our daughter."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Is her behavior appropriate in terms of your romantic relationship?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Sure. We're both very happy together."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Good," the therapist smiled. "Afton, you are doing remarkably well. I don't think we need to see each other every week now. We'll do twice a month for a while and see how things progress, okay?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Okay," Afton nodded. </p><p></p><p></p><p>"Stop by reception on the way out to schedule your next appointment."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Alright. Thank you."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Afton and Cliff stood up and walked out of the office together. "Hey," he reached out to take her hand before they got to the receptionist. "i am so proud of you."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Thank you, Cliff. And you know what? I'm proud of me too."</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>"What are you thinking about?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"A lot of things," James shrugged. "My mother. Allister. How lucky I am to have found you guys. Mostly though, how I need to find a job and figure out a way to support myself."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You don't need to worry about that," Jack told him, sitting down beside him at the patio table. "There's absolutely no rush."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I appreciate that, Jack, but I don't want to live a life of luxury sponging off the Ewings."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Have you thought about enrolling at the University here and finishing your degree?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yeah. Thing is, I hate college."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I hear you," Jack laughed. "But still, it's something to consider. You're good with the horses. You could work part-time with me and Clayton at Saddle Tree and still go to school."</p><p></p><p></p><p>James turned his head and studied Jack's face. "You mean it? Because that would solve a lot of my problems."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Of course I mean it," Jack smiled. "That's what big brothers are for. I do need a favor from you though."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"What's that?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I'm getting married really soon. I need a best man. I can't think of anyone I'd rather have stand up for me than my brother."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Really?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yes, really. Oh, and as an added bonus, Michelle is gonna be the maid of honor, so you'll get to spend more time with her."</p><p></p><p></p><p>James laughed out loud. "She is very pretty. Smart too."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Then you'll do it?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yes. Thank you for asking. I'd be truly honored."</p><p></p><p></p><p>***.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Dear Lord, I'm tired," Sue Ellen sighed and sank down onto the bed beside JR. </p><p></p><p></p><p>"Me too," he groaned. "Getting too old to haul around furniture all day."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I noticed you were struggling," she teased him. "Good thing you had some young virile, studs like Jack and James around to help you."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I'll show you a virile stud," he huffed in outrage and rolled over, trapping her under his body.</p><p></p><p></p><p>She burst out laughing and lifted her head to kiss him. "I can't believe we are actually going to sleep in our own bed in our own house."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Feels strange, doesn't it?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yes. But strange in a good way."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"The story about James is going to hit the papers in the morning. The Dallas press will only print the statement we gave them, but who knows what the London press will do? You need to prepare yourself. My name might come up."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"If it does, I'll deal with it then. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I hope Mama doesn't get too embarrassed."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Miss Ellie will be fine. A story about an affair with a married woman back in your college days is hardly the most sordid thing she's ever had to read about you in the paper."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"True," JR sighed heavily. "Sorry about all that."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Don't be. Not now. None of it matters anymore, JR."</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR looked deeply into her eyes and smiled. "You think the boys are asleep yet?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Probably. They were both pretty worn out. Why?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Oh, I was thinking our old tired bones could use a good soaking in our brand new jacuzzi tub."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"That sounds heavenly. But why does it matter whether or not the boys are asleep?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Because," he moved his hand between their bodies to lightly stroke her favorite spot. "There's going to be a lot of moaning. Maybe even some screaming if I hit all the right spots."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen's body bucked wildly against his hand. "Oh, God, JR! You always hit all the right spots. Always."</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="CeeCee72, post: 229430, member: 5055"] I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended. This is a "What if?" fanfic. What if in the season eleven episode "Top Gun" Sue Ellen had changed her mind at the last possible moment and instead of teaming up with Kimberly and Wendell to beat JR she voted her Weststar shares to make him CEO? *** What If Part 97 *** "JR! Please be careful with that!" JR rolled his eyes, "Just tell me where you want the damn thing." "Right over there," Sue Ellen pointed. JR and James dutifully walked to the designated spot and carefully set the vanity down. "I swear," JR grumbled, "we lived in one damn room at Southfork but it feels like we've carried over enough stuff to fill up the whole damn house." "Stop complaining, JR," Sue Ellen growled at him. "No," he grinned at her and winked. "I think this is the last load of your clothes," April groaned, her arms full of dresses and frocks. "Jack is behind me with JR's suits." "Thank you, April. Just put it all on the bed. I'll hang everything up later." "You need me to move anything else at the moment?" JR asked his wife. "No, run along and don't be in the way." JR laughed, walked over to her and smacked her on the behind. "Be nice, Miss Texas or I won't help you break in the new bathtub tonight." "Yes you will," Sue Ellen retorted. JR threw back his head and laughed deeply. "You're right. Yes I will." He kissed her on the cheek and moved away from her. "Come on, James. Let's go downstairs and grab a beer before she changes her mind and finds something else for us to do." *** "That it?" Bobby asked Harv Smithfield. "Yes. Ewing Oil now owns all of Stonesworth Oil, lock stock, and barrel." "Great," Cliff stood up. "It's a real shame we had to cut a deal that kept Marilee out of jail though." "Yes," Bobby agreed. "But JR is right. This is better for the company in the long term." "True. Can't have everything I guess." "I'll file the paperwork this afternoon," Harv told them. "See you boys soon." "Damn," Cliff sighed, looking at his watch. "I'm late meeting Afton at counseling. I'll call you later." "Okay. Oh, hey, Cliff, did you talk to Pam and April about giving them both away?" "Yep. Bringing them both down the aisle at the same time." "Good," Bobby nodded. "Glad they worked it out. This double wedding thing seemed like a good idea until we actually had to start hammering out the details." "The devil is always in the details," Cliff said. "I'll see you later." Phyllis came into Bobby's office as Cliff was leaving. "Bobby, Ray is on line four. He says it's an emergency." Bobby nodded and snatched up the phone. "Ray? What's wrong? Uh huh. Damn. Well, I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later. No. He's helping Sue Ellen and JR move into the new house today. Yeah. I'll head over there now. Don't do anything until you hear back from me." Bobby put down the phone and grabbed his jacket and briefcase. "Son-of-a-bitch," he muttered to himself on the way out the door. *** "This place looks awesome," Mitch said, taking a sip of beer. "Sue Ellen has worked really hard on it," Lucy told him. "I know she'll be glad to finally be able to settle in." "Thanks for inviting me over," Mitch told her. "I was going nuts in that hotel room." "Any luck finding an apartment yet?" "I haven't actually even looked yet. I spent all day yesterday doing paperwork for the new job at the hospital. Afton is supposed to go with me apartment hunting tomorrow." "Everything better between the two of you?" "We're mending our fences," he shrugged. "She looks healthy and happy though. And Pammy, did you know she was saying real words now?" "Really?" "Yep. She can say blocks and paint and juice. She really seems to be coming out of her shell." "That's amazing. I'm so glad to hear it." "You should go see her. She misses you. In fact, I'm supposed to have dinner over there tonight. Why don't you go with me?" "Oh, I don't know, Mitch. I'm not sure I'm ready to be around Afton again yet." "You're going to have to get used to her being around. She's coming to the wedding. Besides, she's always going to be my sister and once we're married again…" "Whoa. What?" "What?" Mitch repeated. "Are you proposing to me? Because if you are this is the least romantic way possible to do it." "No," Mitch laughed. "I'm not proposing. Not yet. But eventually I will and we'll be married and Afton will be a part of our lives." "You're awfully sure of yourself, aren't you?" "Sure. Why wouldn't I be? We belong together, Lucy. Always have. We just both need to do some growing up." "We've had plenty of time to grow up already, Mitch." "True. But you know what they say." "What's that?" "Third time's the charm." *** "Living way out here will take some getting used to," April groused. "I bet you guys can't even get takeout delivered." "You don't need takeout at Southfork," Sue Ellen laughed. "There's always more food around than anyone could ever eat. What are you going to do with your apartment?" "Michelle is moving in there," April told her. "It's paid for, so no rent. She can save up her money until she can afford her own place." "Have you noticed the sparks flying between Michelle and James?" "Hard not to notice," April grinned. "Young love," Sue Ellen sighed wistfully. "More like young lust!" April laughed. "Sue Ellen?" JR's voice floated up the steps. "Can you come down here, honey?" Sue Ellen and April walked down the steps where JR, James, Jack, and Bobby were all waiting. "What's wrong?" Sue Ellen asked nervously. "A reporter showed up at Ray's house. One of England's biggest tabloids is getting ready to publish a story about a sex scandal involving Vanessa Beaumont Brumin, an American Cowboy, and their illegitimate son." "Well, we knew it was bound to happen sooner or later," Sue Ellen sighed. "Get Harv Smithfield on the phone, JR. It's time to publicly acknowledge James as a Ewing." *** "Any feelings of self loathing or hatred?" "No," Afton told the therapist. "Not for quite a while." "Suicidal thoughts or thoughts of self harm?" "No," Afton shook her head. "Mr. Barnes, how would you say Afton is functioning?" "Amazingly well," Cliff smiled. "She's an incredible mother to our daughter." "Is her behavior appropriate in terms of your romantic relationship?" "Sure. We're both very happy together." "Good," the therapist smiled. "Afton, you are doing remarkably well. I don't think we need to see each other every week now. We'll do twice a month for a while and see how things progress, okay?" "Okay," Afton nodded. "Stop by reception on the way out to schedule your next appointment." "Alright. Thank you." Afton and Cliff stood up and walked out of the office together. "Hey," he reached out to take her hand before they got to the receptionist. "i am so proud of you." "Thank you, Cliff. And you know what? I'm proud of me too." *** "What are you thinking about?" "A lot of things," James shrugged. "My mother. Allister. How lucky I am to have found you guys. Mostly though, how I need to find a job and figure out a way to support myself." "You don't need to worry about that," Jack told him, sitting down beside him at the patio table. "There's absolutely no rush." "I appreciate that, Jack, but I don't want to live a life of luxury sponging off the Ewings." "Have you thought about enrolling at the University here and finishing your degree?" "Yeah. Thing is, I hate college." "I hear you," Jack laughed. "But still, it's something to consider. You're good with the horses. You could work part-time with me and Clayton at Saddle Tree and still go to school." James turned his head and studied Jack's face. "You mean it? Because that would solve a lot of my problems." "Of course I mean it," Jack smiled. "That's what big brothers are for. I do need a favor from you though." "What's that?" "I'm getting married really soon. I need a best man. I can't think of anyone I'd rather have stand up for me than my brother." "Really?" "Yes, really. Oh, and as an added bonus, Michelle is gonna be the maid of honor, so you'll get to spend more time with her." James laughed out loud. "She is very pretty. Smart too." "Then you'll do it?" "Yes. Thank you for asking. I'd be truly honored." ***. "Dear Lord, I'm tired," Sue Ellen sighed and sank down onto the bed beside JR. "Me too," he groaned. "Getting too old to haul around furniture all day." "I noticed you were struggling," she teased him. "Good thing you had some young virile, studs like Jack and James around to help you." "I'll show you a virile stud," he huffed in outrage and rolled over, trapping her under his body. She burst out laughing and lifted her head to kiss him. "I can't believe we are actually going to sleep in our own bed in our own house." "Feels strange, doesn't it?" "Yes. But strange in a good way." "The story about James is going to hit the papers in the morning. The Dallas press will only print the statement we gave them, but who knows what the London press will do? You need to prepare yourself. My name might come up." "If it does, I'll deal with it then. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it." "I hope Mama doesn't get too embarrassed." "Miss Ellie will be fine. A story about an affair with a married woman back in your college days is hardly the most sordid thing she's ever had to read about you in the paper." "True," JR sighed heavily. "Sorry about all that." "Don't be. Not now. None of it matters anymore, JR." JR looked deeply into her eyes and smiled. "You think the boys are asleep yet?" "Probably. They were both pretty worn out. Why?" "Oh, I was thinking our old tired bones could use a good soaking in our brand new jacuzzi tub." "That sounds heavenly. But why does it matter whether or not the boys are asleep?" "Because," he moved his hand between their bodies to lightly stroke her favorite spot. "There's going to be a lot of moaning. Maybe even some screaming if I hit all the right spots." Sue Ellen's body bucked wildly against his hand. "Oh, God, JR! You always hit all the right spots. Always." *** [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
What If
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top