Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
What If
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="CeeCee72" data-source="post: 229565" data-attributes="member: 5055"><p>I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.</p><p></p><p></p><p>This is a "What if?" fanfic. What if in the season eleven episode "Top Gun" Sue Ellen had changed her mind at the last possible moment and instead of teaming up with Kimberly and Wendell to beat JR she voted her Weststar shares to make him CEO?</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>What If</p><p></p><p></p><p>Part 98</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Well? How bad is it?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR had driven all the way into Dallas early in the morning to get copies of the "London Sun" and the "Dallas Morning News."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"The Dallas paper is fine," JR told her. "Just the statement Harv put out. The London story is quite sensational though. They quoted Ray."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"What did he say?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"It's a private family matter. Get out of my driveway," JR laughed.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"That sounds like Ray," Sue Ellen sighed. "Is your name mentioned?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yes. So is yours. But only as family members of the, and I quote, fabulously wealthy, oil rich, Texas Tycoon Ewing family."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"How incredibly tacky," she grimaced.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yeah. Guess it's an English tabloid thing. Where are the boys?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Pam came and got them earlier. They went into town to pick up their suits for the wedding."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yeah. I'm supposed to get mine this evening after I leave the office. Got your dress yet?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Picking it up tomorrow. I'm interviewing housekeepers today."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Any chance you a young, buxom blonde who'll prance around here in a French maid's outfit?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen narrowed her furious eyes on him for just an instant before she realized he was teasing her. "Not a chance, JR. But I bet I'd look pretty good in a tiny little maid's outfit."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Be still my heart," JR moaned. "Damn woman. I'll have that image in my head all day. So much for getting any work done."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"That's what you get for trying to tease me," she batted her eyelashes at him.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I want to take you upstairs and tease you now," he breathed out.</p><p></p><p></p><p>The ringing of the doorbell broke the thick, sexual tension surrounding them. "Saved by the bell," Sue Ellen sighed, getting up to answer the door.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Good morning," James smiled at her and kissed her on the cheek.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Good morning, James. I think JR is about ready to go."</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR was taking the younger Ewings to Ewing Oil to show him around.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I'm ready," he said. He grabbed his hat and his briefcase and kissed Sue Ellen goodbye. "See you tonight, Miss Texas."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen nodded and waved at them both.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Boy," JR growled at him on their way out the door, "your timing absolutely sucks."</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>Lucy checked her watch and frowned. "I have to go. I'm not going to make it to the airport on time."</p><p></p><p></p><p>She had spent the night with Mitch at his hotel and was supposed to pick her parents up at the airport in less than half an hour.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Sorry," Mitch smirked.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"No you're not," Lucy laughed.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"No. You're right. I'm not."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I'll see you at Southfork tonight," she said, placing a light kiss on his lips.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yeah. Oh. Hey, Lucy?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"What?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I love you."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I love you too, Mitch."</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Greetings from our nation's capital," Donna smiled, walking into JR's office.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Donna!" Bobby stood up from the couch where he'd been sitting going over some papers with JR and gave her a huge hug. "I'm so glad you could make it!"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Of course I made it. I wouldn't miss your and Pam's wedding for the world!"</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR stood up and walked around his desk to kiss her on the cheek. "Welcome home, Donna. And hello, sweetheart!" he kissed the little girl in Donna's arms too.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Where's Andrew?" Bobby asked.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"He had committee meetings. He's not flying in until tomorrow evening. I came early so Ray could spend some time with Margaret."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Donna, this is James," JR introduced them. "James, this is Donna and Margaret."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Hi," James stuck out his hand. "I've heard a lot about you."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"As I have you," Donna told him, pushing aside his hand to hug him. "You're family. Family gets hugs."</p><p></p><p></p><p>James smiled a wide smile and looked at Margaret. "She looks like her daddy."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"She absolutely does," Donna said, carefully sitting down on the couch beside Bobby, balancing Margaret on her lap. "Now. Enough with the pleasantries. I want to hear all the gory details about how you took down that awful cow Marilee Stone. And don't leave out a thing!"</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen pulled the framed pictures out of the box one by one and arranged them on the bookshelf in the living room. She was humming softly to herself while she worked. She grinned as she lined up pictures of her and JR on all three of their wedding days.</p><p></p><p></p><p>She reached back into the box and her smile turned into a small frown when she saw the next picture. "How did this get in there?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I… I put it in there," Patricia said nervously from behind her. "You don't have to display it of course, but I thought you might like to have it."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen ran her hand over the smiling face of her sister. The picture was of Patricia, Sue Ellen, and Kristen at the beach, leaning against the rail on a pier. They were all smiling for the camera. "I remember this day," she said quietly. "It was right before JR and I got married… the first time."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yes," Patricia moved forward and put her hand on Sue Ellen's shoulder. "I know you don't like being reminded of Kristin. But… I thought maybe…"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Maybe this would help me recall that there were some good times?" Sue Ellen asked.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yes. I'm sorry if I'm out of line."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen gazed at the picture for a bit longer before placing it on the bookshelf with the rest of the family photos. "You're not out of line," she said finally. "She was my sister. I loved her."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"She loved you too. She was just very...sick."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yes. Thank you, Mother. It's a beautiful gift. I love you."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Oh, Sue Ellen. I love you too," Patricia hugged her tightly. "So very much."</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR walked through the front door and put down his briefcase. "Let's go, woman!" he yelled through the house. "Mama is holding dinner for us!"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Be right down, JR!" Sue Ellen called from upstairs.</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR took off his hat and looked around the living room. Sue Ellen and Patricia had gotten a lot of work done today. He walked over to the bookshelf and glanced at the display of family pictures. His eyebrows shot up in surprise when she saw the one of all three Sheppard women together.</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen never kept any reminders of Kristin around. For many years, she had forbidden JR from even saying her sister's name. Now there was a picture of her on display in the living room.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I hope you don't mind," Sue Ellen's soft voice interrupted his thoughts.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"No…" JR turned to face her. "Of course I don't. I just…"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"What?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I just don't want you to be reminded of what a snake I used to be every single day."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"JR, that's not what I'm reminded of when I look at that picture. It reminds me of how it was, how SHE was before everything went so bad."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I don't know how you can still love me so much," JR shook his head. "I took your sister from you."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"No, JR. The Kristin I loved was already gone. And I love you because… well I just do."</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR closed his eyes and swallowed hard. This woman had forgiven him so much. He didn't deserve her one bit. "Sue Ellen…"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"The past is the past, JR. Kristin, Ray, all of it. It's time we both let go of it once and for all."</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR nodded and bent his head to kiss her. "I don't deserve you, Sue Ellen. But I'll spend the rest of my life loving you the way you have always deserved to be loved."</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>"That's crazy," Michelle made a face. "There's no way the Cowboys can beat the Niners. Not even in Texas Stadium."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"She's right," Gary told JR. "Montana will carve up that defense."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"It's a preseason game," JR laughed. "Montana won't even be playing."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"He'll play for a quarter or so," James said. "Long enough to put the game away."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Hey, how come a guy who grew up in England knows so much about American football?" Jack asked.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"My college roommate was an American. He was obsessed with it."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You coming to the game tomorrow?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Oh, I don't…"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Of course he is," JR answered for him. "I want to see him eat crow with the rest of you when the Cowboys deliver a beat down."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"In your dreams," Gary laughed. "You coming with us, Sue Ellen?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I'd rather have a root canal with no novacaine," Sue Ellen answered. "Michelle, why don't you take my ticket? You seem to be interested in the game."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Oh.. I have to work tomorrow, but thank you."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Don't be silly," April told her sister. "I'll cover for you. Go and have fun."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I… well if the men don't mind me taking along."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"We'd love to have you," JR grinned. "Especially James."</p><p></p><p></p><p>James blushed and rolled his eyes at JR. Everyone laughed.</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR watched Sue Ellen out of the corner of his eye. He realized what she was doing, even if no one else did. Giving Michelle her ticket was her way of letting JR know she trusted him.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Hey! Here comes Ray and Jenna!"</p><p></p><p></p><p>Everyone moved forward to greet them, but JR grabbed Sue Ellen by the arm and stopped her. "You playing matchmaker for James?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Maybe," she smiled at him.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"And you're not worried about me?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Oh. No. Of course not. You, JR, met your match long ago."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yes," JR grinned at her. "Yes I did."</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Hey," JR said, handing a beer to his brother and taking a seat beside him.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"JR," Ray took the beer and nodded at him.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Great night with the family, huh?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yes," Ray agreed. "I love seeing Margaret and Lucas together."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"We haven't had a chance to talk. You're not avoiding me, are you?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Not really," Ray shrugged. "I figured you'd come find me if you wanted to."</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR nodded and let his eyes drift over to the pool. "Jenna and Charlie look well."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yeah. Switzerland agrees with them. How's my old place working out for you and Sue Ellen?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"We love it. You and Jenna should come by tomorrow. You won't even recognize the place."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I drove by on my way in," Ray told him. "Looks like the pool is about done."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yeah. It's heated so the boys can use it during the fall."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Good. They'll like that."</p><p></p><p></p><p>They didn't say anything else for a while, just sat in peaceful quiet, enjoying being together again.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You coming to the game with us tomorrow?" JR finally asked him.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Got a ticket for me?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I got a box and as many tickets as I want."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You inviting me?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Hell yes," JR laughed. "Bobby and I are gonna need some backup around all those Niner fans."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Well, in that case, it's a date. Cowboys for life."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Amen to that, brother," JR lifted his beer in a toast. "Amen to that."</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>Ellie sat on the patio and watched her family with a huge smile on her face. Everyone was so happy. Donna and Jenna had Lucas and Margaret together playing in the pool. Charlie and the boys were terrorizing James and Jack with their water guns while April and Michelle looked on and laughed. Lucy and Mitch were laughing and talking with Gary and Valene. Bobby, Pam, and Sue Ellen were taking care of last minute wedding details. Clayton and Patricia were playing chess. And best of all, JR and Ray were sitting peacefully together having a couple of beers.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"This may be the happiest day of my life," she sighed to herself. She looked up to the sky and smiled. "Look at our family, Jock. We finally made it. Everything and everyone is finally going to be okay."</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="CeeCee72, post: 229565, member: 5055"] I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended. This is a "What if?" fanfic. What if in the season eleven episode "Top Gun" Sue Ellen had changed her mind at the last possible moment and instead of teaming up with Kimberly and Wendell to beat JR she voted her Weststar shares to make him CEO? *** What If Part 98 *** "Well? How bad is it?" JR had driven all the way into Dallas early in the morning to get copies of the "London Sun" and the "Dallas Morning News." "The Dallas paper is fine," JR told her. "Just the statement Harv put out. The London story is quite sensational though. They quoted Ray." "What did he say?" "It's a private family matter. Get out of my driveway," JR laughed. "That sounds like Ray," Sue Ellen sighed. "Is your name mentioned?" "Yes. So is yours. But only as family members of the, and I quote, fabulously wealthy, oil rich, Texas Tycoon Ewing family." "How incredibly tacky," she grimaced. "Yeah. Guess it's an English tabloid thing. Where are the boys?" "Pam came and got them earlier. They went into town to pick up their suits for the wedding." "Yeah. I'm supposed to get mine this evening after I leave the office. Got your dress yet?" "Picking it up tomorrow. I'm interviewing housekeepers today." "Any chance you a young, buxom blonde who'll prance around here in a French maid's outfit?" Sue Ellen narrowed her furious eyes on him for just an instant before she realized he was teasing her. "Not a chance, JR. But I bet I'd look pretty good in a tiny little maid's outfit." "Be still my heart," JR moaned. "Damn woman. I'll have that image in my head all day. So much for getting any work done." "That's what you get for trying to tease me," she batted her eyelashes at him. "I want to take you upstairs and tease you now," he breathed out. The ringing of the doorbell broke the thick, sexual tension surrounding them. "Saved by the bell," Sue Ellen sighed, getting up to answer the door. "Good morning," James smiled at her and kissed her on the cheek. "Good morning, James. I think JR is about ready to go." JR was taking the younger Ewings to Ewing Oil to show him around. "I'm ready," he said. He grabbed his hat and his briefcase and kissed Sue Ellen goodbye. "See you tonight, Miss Texas." Sue Ellen nodded and waved at them both. "Boy," JR growled at him on their way out the door, "your timing absolutely sucks." *** Lucy checked her watch and frowned. "I have to go. I'm not going to make it to the airport on time." She had spent the night with Mitch at his hotel and was supposed to pick her parents up at the airport in less than half an hour. "Sorry," Mitch smirked. "No you're not," Lucy laughed. "No. You're right. I'm not." "I'll see you at Southfork tonight," she said, placing a light kiss on his lips. "Yeah. Oh. Hey, Lucy?" "What?" "I love you." "I love you too, Mitch." *** "Greetings from our nation's capital," Donna smiled, walking into JR's office. "Donna!" Bobby stood up from the couch where he'd been sitting going over some papers with JR and gave her a huge hug. "I'm so glad you could make it!" "Of course I made it. I wouldn't miss your and Pam's wedding for the world!" JR stood up and walked around his desk to kiss her on the cheek. "Welcome home, Donna. And hello, sweetheart!" he kissed the little girl in Donna's arms too. "Where's Andrew?" Bobby asked. "He had committee meetings. He's not flying in until tomorrow evening. I came early so Ray could spend some time with Margaret." "Donna, this is James," JR introduced them. "James, this is Donna and Margaret." "Hi," James stuck out his hand. "I've heard a lot about you." "As I have you," Donna told him, pushing aside his hand to hug him. "You're family. Family gets hugs." James smiled a wide smile and looked at Margaret. "She looks like her daddy." "She absolutely does," Donna said, carefully sitting down on the couch beside Bobby, balancing Margaret on her lap. "Now. Enough with the pleasantries. I want to hear all the gory details about how you took down that awful cow Marilee Stone. And don't leave out a thing!" *** Sue Ellen pulled the framed pictures out of the box one by one and arranged them on the bookshelf in the living room. She was humming softly to herself while she worked. She grinned as she lined up pictures of her and JR on all three of their wedding days. She reached back into the box and her smile turned into a small frown when she saw the next picture. "How did this get in there?" "I… I put it in there," Patricia said nervously from behind her. "You don't have to display it of course, but I thought you might like to have it." Sue Ellen ran her hand over the smiling face of her sister. The picture was of Patricia, Sue Ellen, and Kristen at the beach, leaning against the rail on a pier. They were all smiling for the camera. "I remember this day," she said quietly. "It was right before JR and I got married… the first time." "Yes," Patricia moved forward and put her hand on Sue Ellen's shoulder. "I know you don't like being reminded of Kristin. But… I thought maybe…" "Maybe this would help me recall that there were some good times?" Sue Ellen asked. "Yes. I'm sorry if I'm out of line." Sue Ellen gazed at the picture for a bit longer before placing it on the bookshelf with the rest of the family photos. "You're not out of line," she said finally. "She was my sister. I loved her." "She loved you too. She was just very...sick." "Yes. Thank you, Mother. It's a beautiful gift. I love you." "Oh, Sue Ellen. I love you too," Patricia hugged her tightly. "So very much." *** JR walked through the front door and put down his briefcase. "Let's go, woman!" he yelled through the house. "Mama is holding dinner for us!" "Be right down, JR!" Sue Ellen called from upstairs. JR took off his hat and looked around the living room. Sue Ellen and Patricia had gotten a lot of work done today. He walked over to the bookshelf and glanced at the display of family pictures. His eyebrows shot up in surprise when she saw the one of all three Sheppard women together. Sue Ellen never kept any reminders of Kristin around. For many years, she had forbidden JR from even saying her sister's name. Now there was a picture of her on display in the living room. "I hope you don't mind," Sue Ellen's soft voice interrupted his thoughts. "No…" JR turned to face her. "Of course I don't. I just…" "What?" "I just don't want you to be reminded of what a snake I used to be every single day." "JR, that's not what I'm reminded of when I look at that picture. It reminds me of how it was, how SHE was before everything went so bad." "I don't know how you can still love me so much," JR shook his head. "I took your sister from you." "No, JR. The Kristin I loved was already gone. And I love you because… well I just do." JR closed his eyes and swallowed hard. This woman had forgiven him so much. He didn't deserve her one bit. "Sue Ellen…" "The past is the past, JR. Kristin, Ray, all of it. It's time we both let go of it once and for all." JR nodded and bent his head to kiss her. "I don't deserve you, Sue Ellen. But I'll spend the rest of my life loving you the way you have always deserved to be loved." *** "That's crazy," Michelle made a face. "There's no way the Cowboys can beat the Niners. Not even in Texas Stadium." "She's right," Gary told JR. "Montana will carve up that defense." "It's a preseason game," JR laughed. "Montana won't even be playing." "He'll play for a quarter or so," James said. "Long enough to put the game away." "Hey, how come a guy who grew up in England knows so much about American football?" Jack asked. "My college roommate was an American. He was obsessed with it." "You coming to the game tomorrow?" "Oh, I don't…" "Of course he is," JR answered for him. "I want to see him eat crow with the rest of you when the Cowboys deliver a beat down." "In your dreams," Gary laughed. "You coming with us, Sue Ellen?" "I'd rather have a root canal with no novacaine," Sue Ellen answered. "Michelle, why don't you take my ticket? You seem to be interested in the game." "Oh.. I have to work tomorrow, but thank you." "Don't be silly," April told her sister. "I'll cover for you. Go and have fun." "I… well if the men don't mind me taking along." "We'd love to have you," JR grinned. "Especially James." James blushed and rolled his eyes at JR. Everyone laughed. JR watched Sue Ellen out of the corner of his eye. He realized what she was doing, even if no one else did. Giving Michelle her ticket was her way of letting JR know she trusted him. "Hey! Here comes Ray and Jenna!" Everyone moved forward to greet them, but JR grabbed Sue Ellen by the arm and stopped her. "You playing matchmaker for James?" "Maybe," she smiled at him. "And you're not worried about me?" "Oh. No. Of course not. You, JR, met your match long ago." "Yes," JR grinned at her. "Yes I did." *** "Hey," JR said, handing a beer to his brother and taking a seat beside him. "JR," Ray took the beer and nodded at him. "Great night with the family, huh?" "Yes," Ray agreed. "I love seeing Margaret and Lucas together." "We haven't had a chance to talk. You're not avoiding me, are you?" "Not really," Ray shrugged. "I figured you'd come find me if you wanted to." JR nodded and let his eyes drift over to the pool. "Jenna and Charlie look well." "Yeah. Switzerland agrees with them. How's my old place working out for you and Sue Ellen?" "We love it. You and Jenna should come by tomorrow. You won't even recognize the place." "I drove by on my way in," Ray told him. "Looks like the pool is about done." "Yeah. It's heated so the boys can use it during the fall." "Good. They'll like that." They didn't say anything else for a while, just sat in peaceful quiet, enjoying being together again. "You coming to the game with us tomorrow?" JR finally asked him. "Got a ticket for me?" "I got a box and as many tickets as I want." "You inviting me?" "Hell yes," JR laughed. "Bobby and I are gonna need some backup around all those Niner fans." "Well, in that case, it's a date. Cowboys for life." "Amen to that, brother," JR lifted his beer in a toast. "Amen to that." *** Ellie sat on the patio and watched her family with a huge smile on her face. Everyone was so happy. Donna and Jenna had Lucas and Margaret together playing in the pool. Charlie and the boys were terrorizing James and Jack with their water guns while April and Michelle looked on and laughed. Lucy and Mitch were laughing and talking with Gary and Valene. Bobby, Pam, and Sue Ellen were taking care of last minute wedding details. Clayton and Patricia were playing chess. And best of all, JR and Ray were sitting peacefully together having a couple of beers. "This may be the happiest day of my life," she sighed to herself. She looked up to the sky and smiled. "Look at our family, Jock. We finally made it. Everything and everyone is finally going to be okay." *** [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
What If
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top