Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Sea - Boo! - Er" data-source="post: 217239" data-attributes="member: 57"><p>Star Trek Beyond (2016)</p><p></p><p>The most recent of the so-called Kelvin Universe films.</p><p></p><p>I thought the first one was clever, more sequel than truly the prequel it was supposed to be, with Leonard Nimoy's Spock-prime there to legitimise proceedings. The second one was a disappointment. I had no real desire to follow this iteration of the characters in any case and the fact that it was only a twisted remake of <em>Wrath of Khan</em> didn't help.</p><p></p><p>This one falls somewhere in between. The actors seem to have grown into the roles and the plot is at least somewhat original, a more or less standalone episode in the tradition of <em>The Final Frontier</em>. One might question, though, whether it's really <em>Star Trek</em> at all, or <em>Star Wars</em> in Trek clothing.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Sea - Boo! - Er, post: 217239, member: 57"] Star Trek Beyond (2016) The most recent of the so-called Kelvin Universe films. I thought the first one was clever, more sequel than truly the prequel it was supposed to be, with Leonard Nimoy's Spock-prime there to legitimise proceedings. The second one was a disappointment. I had no real desire to follow this iteration of the characters in any case and the fact that it was only a twisted remake of [I]Wrath of Khan[/I] didn't help. This one falls somewhere in between. The actors seem to have grown into the roles and the plot is at least somewhat original, a more or less standalone episode in the tradition of [I]The Final Frontier[/I]. One might question, though, whether it's really [I]Star Trek[/I] at all, or [I]Star Wars[/I] in Trek clothing. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top