Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Angela Channing" data-source="post: 290299" data-attributes="member: 33"><p>I agree. It's a wonderful film and it works better and is less dated that <em>The Big Lift </em>because it focusses less on the activities of the US military and more on portraying the relationships between Monty's character and the boy and a mother's need to be reunited with her son. The scene when Monty first teaches the boy how to say his name is really sweet and the one when Monty's character (wrongly) tells the boy that his mother has died is quite moving. The film never goes near to being oversentimental and Fred Zinnemann balances the various elements and emotions of the film perfectly. I really liked this film.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Angela Channing, post: 290299, member: 33"] I agree. It's a wonderful film and it works better and is less dated that [I]The Big Lift [/I]because it focusses less on the activities of the US military and more on portraying the relationships between Monty's character and the boy and a mother's need to be reunited with her son. The scene when Monty first teaches the boy how to say his name is really sweet and the one when Monty's character (wrongly) tells the boy that his mother has died is quite moving. The film never goes near to being oversentimental and Fred Zinnemann balances the various elements and emotions of the film perfectly. I really liked this film. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top