Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Willie Oleson" data-source="post: 361885" data-attributes="member: 8"><p>Oh the schadenfreude. </p><p>For what it's worth, I make these kind of mistakes more often than you do.</p><p></p><p>Dante's Peak! The disaster sequence felt like the 250 missing hours from Apocalypse Now.</p><p></p><p>But I don't know if Meryl Streep asked to be over-hyped or overrated and I wouldn't expect her to pass on a role like this. </p><p></p><p>In this day and age of social media wherein over-hyping and over-profiling seems to be THE thing to get ahead I've become a bit a wary of attributing a similar "quality" to those who have earned their fame by natural talent or professionalism.</p><p>That being said, variety is always welcome and when it comes my entertainment there is very little room for loyalty. I think what I'm trying to say is that we all have good reasons to be selfish. And on that optimistic note I'm going to end this day on tellytalk.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Willie Oleson, post: 361885, member: 8"] Oh the schadenfreude. For what it's worth, I make these kind of mistakes more often than you do. Dante's Peak! The disaster sequence felt like the 250 missing hours from Apocalypse Now. But I don't know if Meryl Streep asked to be over-hyped or overrated and I wouldn't expect her to pass on a role like this. In this day and age of social media wherein over-hyping and over-profiling seems to be THE thing to get ahead I've become a bit a wary of attributing a similar "quality" to those who have earned their fame by natural talent or professionalism. That being said, variety is always welcome and when it comes my entertainment there is very little room for loyalty. I think what I'm trying to say is that we all have good reasons to be selfish. And on that optimistic note I'm going to end this day on tellytalk. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top