Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Sea - Boo! - Er" data-source="post: 397522" data-attributes="member: 57"><p>This Is the Night (1932)</p><p>Continuing my Thelma Todd festival.</p><p>This one is quite hard to describe. Plotwise, it's nothing special. A man (Roland Young) having a an affair with a married woman (Todd) hire an actress to pose as his wife to throw his paramour's husband off the scent. (The husband, by the way, is Cary Grant in his first film. He and Young would later appear together in <em>Topper</em>* (1937). By then, Cary Grant is billed before Young; here he is after Todd.)</p><p>Stylistically, the film is quite unusual. If I call it a musical, you would get the wrong impression. There are sequences in which the action is set to a musical rhythm, is the best way I can put it. Not quite like anything else I've seen.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Sea - Boo! - Er, post: 397522, member: 57"] This Is the Night (1932) Continuing my Thelma Todd festival. This one is quite hard to describe. Plotwise, it's nothing special. A man (Roland Young) having a an affair with a married woman (Todd) hire an actress to pose as his wife to throw his paramour's husband off the scent. (The husband, by the way, is Cary Grant in his first film. He and Young would later appear together in [I]Topper[/I]* (1937). By then, Cary Grant is billed before Young; here he is after Todd.) Stylistically, the film is quite unusual. If I call it a musical, you would get the wrong impression. There are sequences in which the action is set to a musical rhythm, is the best way I can put it. Not quite like anything else I've seen. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top