Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Werewillie Oleson" data-source="post: 404647" data-attributes="member: 8"><p>SUPERSTAR: THE KAREN CARPENTER STORY (1987)</p><p></p><p></p><p>[ATTACH=full]53788[/ATTACH]</p><p></p><p>Made only four years after Karen's death this must have been quite a thing at the time of release, but now, so many years later it looks as if it is the <em>only</em> way to tell that story effectively without looking like a standard made-for-TV biopic.</p><p>The songs have never sounded so beautiful and haunting, and I couldn't think of a better promotion for a new Best Of compilation. Perhaps that could be a reason to change brother Richard's opinion of the film (plus the fact that it's all such a long time ago).</p><p>Anyway, I've got a CD to buy. Toodeloo.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Werewillie Oleson, post: 404647, member: 8"] SUPERSTAR: THE KAREN CARPENTER STORY (1987) [ATTACH type="full"]53788[/ATTACH] Made only four years after Karen's death this must have been quite a thing at the time of release, but now, so many years later it looks as if it is the [I]only[/I] way to tell that story effectively without looking like a standard made-for-TV biopic. The songs have never sounded so beautiful and haunting, and I couldn't think of a better promotion for a new Best Of compilation. Perhaps that could be a reason to change brother Richard's opinion of the film (plus the fact that it's all such a long time ago). Anyway, I've got a CD to buy. Toodeloo. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top