Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Willie Oleson" data-source="post: 404817" data-attributes="member: 8"><p>TOY STORY 2</p><p></p><p>[ATTACH=full]53823[/ATTACH]</p><p></p><p>Believe it or not, but this is my first Toy Story Experience.</p><p>In many ways it looks like an updated version of Disney's THE RESCUERS, but it's gloriously over the top and meta-within-meta, something that would become the trademark narrative of the Pixar hits (and basically every other modern animated comedy).</p><p>Despite the fact that the formula feels a bit overcooked in 2024, TOY STORY 2 looks amazingly fresh and inventive.</p><p>It's rather upfront about its wholesome message without overdoing it, and maybe it also lacks the cynicism of the more recent releases.</p><p></p><p>I must admit that I got a little worried at the 45 minutes mark because I knew that was only half of it, and the jokes had been coming thick and fast from the very beginning.</p><p>I washed the dishes and made some coffee ("let's all go to the lobby", as it were) and then I finished the rest of the film that ended with a Bruce Willis style action scene.</p><p>The bloopers and deleted scenes during the end credits are brilliant, did it also happen in the first TOY STORY film?</p><p></p><p>I kept seeing Jake Gyllenhaal in "Woody" and conveniently made the connection with his (then) future role of gay cowboy in BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN.</p><p>According to wiki, the character is based on the features of someone else, but I like my own theory better.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Willie Oleson, post: 404817, member: 8"] TOY STORY 2 [ATTACH type="full"]53823[/ATTACH] Believe it or not, but this is my first Toy Story Experience. In many ways it looks like an updated version of Disney's THE RESCUERS, but it's gloriously over the top and meta-within-meta, something that would become the trademark narrative of the Pixar hits (and basically every other modern animated comedy). Despite the fact that the formula feels a bit overcooked in 2024, TOY STORY 2 looks amazingly fresh and inventive. It's rather upfront about its wholesome message without overdoing it, and maybe it also lacks the cynicism of the more recent releases. I must admit that I got a little worried at the 45 minutes mark because I knew that was only half of it, and the jokes had been coming thick and fast from the very beginning. I washed the dishes and made some coffee ("let's all go to the lobby", as it were) and then I finished the rest of the film that ended with a Bruce Willis style action scene. The bloopers and deleted scenes during the end credits are brilliant, did it also happen in the first TOY STORY film? I kept seeing Jake Gyllenhaal in "Woody" and conveniently made the connection with his (then) future role of gay cowboy in BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN. According to wiki, the character is based on the features of someone else, but I like my own theory better. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top