Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Willie Oleson" data-source="post: 407935" data-attributes="member: 8"><p>I'm not sure if it deserves to be rated as one of the greatest films ever made (as the 9.3 score on IMDB would suggest) but I can definitely see what makes it a "favourite".</p><p>Very likeable characters vs. very hateful villains, their victories and comeuppances. Even by 1990s film standards it already feels slighty old-fashioned but in a very pleasant way, and the passing of time (decades) made me think of the epicness of the 1980s mini-series (or older films like GIANT, I guess).</p><p></p><p>After the film had ended, Prime's autoplay continued with The Green Mile, which seems like a very reasonable choice if only to see how it compares.</p><p>But after checking some clips on youtube I suspect I'm going to hate myself for watching a big black man blubbering like a child for three hours, so I've decided to steer clear of it.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Willie Oleson, post: 407935, member: 8"] I'm not sure if it deserves to be rated as one of the greatest films ever made (as the 9.3 score on IMDB would suggest) but I can definitely see what makes it a "favourite". Very likeable characters vs. very hateful villains, their victories and comeuppances. Even by 1990s film standards it already feels slighty old-fashioned but in a very pleasant way, and the passing of time (decades) made me think of the epicness of the 1980s mini-series (or older films like GIANT, I guess). After the film had ended, Prime's autoplay continued with The Green Mile, which seems like a very reasonable choice if only to see how it compares. But after checking some clips on youtube I suspect I'm going to hate myself for watching a big black man blubbering like a child for three hours, so I've decided to steer clear of it. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top