Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Willie Oleson" data-source="post: 414637" data-attributes="member: 8"><p>CLERKS (1994)</p><p></p><p>[ATTACH=full]55014[/ATTACH]</p><p></p><p>I wish I could call it "over the counter culture" but the film poster already does that.</p><p>Via-via I discovered that this is a 1990s indie cult hit (the American "Trainspotting"?) and information like that always needs to be verified.</p><p></p><p>The crudeness and filthy, deadpan humour is somewhat similar to the John Waters/Andy Warhol films but it is juxtaposed by disproportionately mature dialogue and they even manage to produce a little food for thought.</p><p>There's no compromise and some parts <em>are </em> very boring but it's all for the greater good (I think!).</p><p>Caitlin, the holy grail of girlfriends, gets knocked off her pedestal in a deliciously filthy twist.</p><p>I'm sure there's a lot more to say about this film but it was very late and I was tired when I watched it therefore it goes straight on the re-watch list.</p><p>Oh wait, there's another thing. One of the male characters (well, it couldn't be<em> more</em> than one character) is called Randal and that just didn't make any sense. It sounds like parents getting a little too creative with naming the child,</p><p>On the other hand it's also realistic because we all have a cousin, male of female, with a name that sticks out like a sore thumb. A name that begs to be mocked.</p><p></p><p>This is stupid lazy Randal, btw. <span style="font-size: 12px">(warning: profanity alert)</span></p><p>[MEDIA=youtube]v_p6jW1idjY[/MEDIA]</p><p></p><p>Edit: the public announcement of a random fictional character getting married is very soapy.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Willie Oleson, post: 414637, member: 8"] CLERKS (1994) [ATTACH type="full" alt="1733649639212.png"]55014[/ATTACH] I wish I could call it "over the counter culture" but the film poster already does that. Via-via I discovered that this is a 1990s indie cult hit (the American "Trainspotting"?) and information like that always needs to be verified. The crudeness and filthy, deadpan humour is somewhat similar to the John Waters/Andy Warhol films but it is juxtaposed by disproportionately mature dialogue and they even manage to produce a little food for thought. There's no compromise and some parts [I]are [/I] very boring but it's all for the greater good (I think!). Caitlin, the holy grail of girlfriends, gets knocked off her pedestal in a deliciously filthy twist. I'm sure there's a lot more to say about this film but it was very late and I was tired when I watched it therefore it goes straight on the re-watch list. Oh wait, there's another thing. One of the male characters (well, it couldn't be[I] more[/I] than one character) is called Randal and that just didn't make any sense. It sounds like parents getting a little too creative with naming the child, On the other hand it's also realistic because we all have a cousin, male of female, with a name that sticks out like a sore thumb. A name that begs to be mocked. This is stupid lazy Randal, btw. [SIZE=3](warning: profanity alert)[/SIZE] [MEDIA=youtube]v_p6jW1idjY[/MEDIA] Edit: the public announcement of a random fictional character getting married is very soapy. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top