Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Werewillie Oleson" data-source="post: 415510" data-attributes="member: 8"><p>Continuing the "I no longer want say I haven't seen that film" project</p><p></p><p>STAR WARS (1977)</p><p></p><p>[ATTACH=full]55145[/ATTACH]</p><p></p><p>I may have been too young to notice the hype at the time of release (if there <em>was</em> a hype in the Netherlands) but I've had the opportunity to watch it on VHS or DVD 10 years later, or at least long before the year 2024.</p><p>I don't recall actively avoiding it, the desire simply wasn't there and still wasn't there when I clicked "play" today. From that point of view the film couldn't disappoint, and it didn't. </p><p>What I've seen is a film that wasn't made for me and therefore I have nothing to say about it, positively or negatively. During the first 45 minutes I tried very hard to focus on what was happening but eventually I gave up and watched the rest of the film staring at the screen with dead eyes.</p><p></p><p>Nobody's going to accuse me of not-watching Star Wars ever again. Mission accomplished.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Werewillie Oleson, post: 415510, member: 8"] Continuing the "I no longer want say I haven't seen that film" project STAR WARS (1977) [ATTACH type="full"]55145[/ATTACH] I may have been too young to notice the hype at the time of release (if there [I]was[/I] a hype in the Netherlands) but I've had the opportunity to watch it on VHS or DVD 10 years later, or at least long before the year 2024. I don't recall actively avoiding it, the desire simply wasn't there and still wasn't there when I clicked "play" today. From that point of view the film couldn't disappoint, and it didn't. What I've seen is a film that wasn't made for me and therefore I have nothing to say about it, positively or negatively. During the first 45 minutes I tried very hard to focus on what was happening but eventually I gave up and watched the rest of the film staring at the screen with dead eyes. Nobody's going to accuse me of not-watching Star Wars ever again. Mission accomplished. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top