Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Toni" data-source="post: 416336" data-attributes="member: 82"><p>My last movie of the year watched in a theater was "Nosferatu", the umpteenth version of the vampire saga. Not that I expected too much, but the movie is a creep fest, with lots of gore and no suspense at all because it doesn´t deviate too much from the Dracula previous versions. Poor Dafoe is completely miscast here in a supporting role that comes across as totally farcical.</p><p></p><p>I´m not a fan of the most celebrated versions like Coppola´s or even the Lugosi one, but I did enjoy Langella´s at the time. Here the actors seem to be out of their element, and the script desperately needed another revision.</p><p>Two good things about it:</p><p>- Johnny Depp´s daughter seems to be born to play her role, and it will probably haunt her in the future.</p><p>- The camera work is quite fascinating, and the way Photography plays with shadows and sepia tones is mesmerizing.</p><p>All in all, I liked better the "making-of" movie "Shadow of the Vampire" starring Dafoe as the actor who played the title role in the first "Nosferatu". Anyway, I do prefer this new one over the director´s previous film "The North Man", just abhorrent.</p><p style="text-align: center"></p> <p style="text-align: center">[MEDIA=youtube]iEbp8QMGzP0[/MEDIA]</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Toni, post: 416336, member: 82"] My last movie of the year watched in a theater was "Nosferatu", the umpteenth version of the vampire saga. Not that I expected too much, but the movie is a creep fest, with lots of gore and no suspense at all because it doesn´t deviate too much from the Dracula previous versions. Poor Dafoe is completely miscast here in a supporting role that comes across as totally farcical. I´m not a fan of the most celebrated versions like Coppola´s or even the Lugosi one, but I did enjoy Langella´s at the time. Here the actors seem to be out of their element, and the script desperately needed another revision. Two good things about it: - Johnny Depp´s daughter seems to be born to play her role, and it will probably haunt her in the future. - The camera work is quite fascinating, and the way Photography plays with shadows and sepia tones is mesmerizing. All in all, I liked better the "making-of" movie "Shadow of the Vampire" starring Dafoe as the actor who played the title role in the first "Nosferatu". Anyway, I do prefer this new one over the director´s previous film "The North Man", just abhorrent. [CENTER] [MEDIA=youtube]iEbp8QMGzP0[/MEDIA][/CENTER] [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top