Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Mel O&#039;Drama" data-source="post: 416895" data-attributes="member: 23"><p>Yes, they're apples and oranges, really. I think the darker, more claustrophobic and wintry setting of <em>Orient Express</em> feels more atmospheric and works really well for this genre. But Nile is sunnier and feels more expansive and grand which somehow makes the story feel more palatable and accessible. </p><p></p><p>Creating an even greater divide are the two quite different interpretations of Poirot, both of which I enjoy in different ways. Albert Finney is closer to the character on the page, but I'm quite fond of Ustinov's more avuncular and jolly take (unlike Agatha Christie who I believe liked Finney's reading of the character but didn't care for Peter Ustinov).</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Mel O'Drama, post: 416895, member: 23"] Yes, they're apples and oranges, really. I think the darker, more claustrophobic and wintry setting of [I]Orient Express[/I] feels more atmospheric and works really well for this genre. But Nile is sunnier and feels more expansive and grand which somehow makes the story feel more palatable and accessible. Creating an even greater divide are the two quite different interpretations of Poirot, both of which I enjoy in different ways. Albert Finney is closer to the character on the page, but I'm quite fond of Ustinov's more avuncular and jolly take (unlike Agatha Christie who I believe liked Finney's reading of the character but didn't care for Peter Ustinov). [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top