Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Spells &amp; Karma" data-source="post: 421098" data-attributes="member: 23"><p>That's interesting. I can see how it might have gained that reputation more in recent years, but for it to be criticised back in 1988 shows how wide of the mark it was in that regard. </p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>I have both book and DVD in a slightly bizarre combo set. I watched the film for the one and only time circa 2007 when I acquired the set, and I remember thinking how shocking it must have been back in the day. It felt surprisingly grim and frank to me at the time (the line "and then you shit your pants", apropos death by hanging has never quite been excised from my mind). I'd like to rewatch it at some point. </p><p></p><p>For some reason, I started the book but didn't get beyond the first couple of chapters. This, too, could do with a second look from me.</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>Like you, <em>Capote</em> was my introduction to the entire thing. I watched it with a friend around the time it was hot property due to picking up several awards. At the time I thought it was a good film, but not one I'd care to watch more than once. Twenty years on and I still feel no desire to revisit it. I still remember it as a pretty decent film, so perhaps it's best to keep it that way rather than than rewatch and risk disappointment.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Spells & Karma, post: 421098, member: 23"] That's interesting. I can see how it might have gained that reputation more in recent years, but for it to be criticised back in 1988 shows how wide of the mark it was in that regard. I have both book and DVD in a slightly bizarre combo set. I watched the film for the one and only time circa 2007 when I acquired the set, and I remember thinking how shocking it must have been back in the day. It felt surprisingly grim and frank to me at the time (the line "and then you shit your pants", apropos death by hanging has never quite been excised from my mind). I'd like to rewatch it at some point. For some reason, I started the book but didn't get beyond the first couple of chapters. This, too, could do with a second look from me. Like you, [I]Capote[/I] was my introduction to the entire thing. I watched it with a friend around the time it was hot property due to picking up several awards. At the time I thought it was a good film, but not one I'd care to watch more than once. Twenty years on and I still feel no desire to revisit it. I still remember it as a pretty decent film, so perhaps it's best to keep it that way rather than than rewatch and risk disappointment. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top