Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Willie Oleson" data-source="post: 433815" data-attributes="member: 8"><p>Aha, there's a sequel.</p><p></p><p></p><p>Bad Timing (1980)</p><p></p><p>[ATTACH=full]58001[/ATTACH]</p><p></p><p>The film poster promotes it as a double title but I only go by the title as seen in the film itself. There's enough tomfoolery going on with films getting re-titled to suit whatever demographics.</p><p>Having said that, the DVD I got has the <em>translated</em> Italian title "Il Lenzuolo Viola". If it's not one thing it's another!</p><p></p><p>I'm pretty sure this is not the first film about a toxic sexual relationship that I've seen, but the editing here is fantastic. There's a constant flow and overlapping between past events and present events and it never becomes confusing. It's somewhat similar to Altman's <em>Images</em> except that he did it with changing characters and situations.</p><p>Theresa Russell's character is the force of nature but Art Garfunkel and Harvey Keitel are also consistently very watchable.</p><p>For singer/songwriter Arty Fartyfunkel it seems to be an acting career "on the side" but I remember that he was also very good in <em>Carnal Knowledge</em>.</p><p>And so we can add another gem to the elusive year 1980. It's actually more like a mini-decade because it doesn't belong to the seventies <em>or</em> the eighties.</p><p></p><p>Theresa Russell also starred in Roeg's <em>Track 29</em> (1988) which has my favourite Gary Oldman performance so far. Highly recommended if you like the zany stuff.</p><p>[ATTACH=full]58002[/ATTACH]</p><p>I just checked Nicolas Roeg's filmography (or directorography) to see if there's something else that would interest me, apart from his most successful/popular films like Don't Look Now, Walkabout and The Witches.</p><p>I found out that Theresa has been a recurring special guest star in his movies, just as it happens now with Emma Stone and Yorgos Lanthimos, and Tilda Swinton with every filmmaker.</p><p>I've watched a lot of seventies psychedelic films and that's the reason why I've put <em>Performance </em>on hold. I will watch it because I need to see what almost destroyed James Fox.</p><p><em>Eureka</em> (1983) is rated negatively but maybe that's a good thing because the main reason it "sucks" is because it's too soapy. I wonder if Rutger Hauer plays the Peter De Vilbis we couldn't see in Dynasty.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Willie Oleson, post: 433815, member: 8"] Aha, there's a sequel. Bad Timing (1980) [ATTACH type="full"]58001[/ATTACH] The film poster promotes it as a double title but I only go by the title as seen in the film itself. There's enough tomfoolery going on with films getting re-titled to suit whatever demographics. Having said that, the DVD I got has the [I]translated[/I] Italian title "Il Lenzuolo Viola". If it's not one thing it's another! I'm pretty sure this is not the first film about a toxic sexual relationship that I've seen, but the editing here is fantastic. There's a constant flow and overlapping between past events and present events and it never becomes confusing. It's somewhat similar to Altman's [I]Images[/I] except that he did it with changing characters and situations. Theresa Russell's character is the force of nature but Art Garfunkel and Harvey Keitel are also consistently very watchable. For singer/songwriter Arty Fartyfunkel it seems to be an acting career "on the side" but I remember that he was also very good in [I]Carnal Knowledge[/I]. And so we can add another gem to the elusive year 1980. It's actually more like a mini-decade because it doesn't belong to the seventies [I]or[/I] the eighties. Theresa Russell also starred in Roeg's [I]Track 29[/I] (1988) which has my favourite Gary Oldman performance so far. Highly recommended if you like the zany stuff. [ATTACH type="full"]58002[/ATTACH] I just checked Nicolas Roeg's filmography (or directorography) to see if there's something else that would interest me, apart from his most successful/popular films like Don't Look Now, Walkabout and The Witches. I found out that Theresa has been a recurring special guest star in his movies, just as it happens now with Emma Stone and Yorgos Lanthimos, and Tilda Swinton with every filmmaker. I've watched a lot of seventies psychedelic films and that's the reason why I've put [I]Performance [/I]on hold. I will watch it because I need to see what almost destroyed James Fox. [I]Eureka[/I] (1983) is rated negatively but maybe that's a good thing because the main reason it "sucks" is because it's too soapy. I wonder if Rutger Hauer plays the Peter De Vilbis we couldn't see in Dynasty. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top