Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Willie Oleson" data-source="post: 434854" data-attributes="member: 8"><p>Prometheus (2012)</p><p></p><p>[ATTACH=full]58205[/ATTACH]</p><p></p><p>I like the world-building of the Engineers, with all its over-the-top CGI set pieces. If android David had been the main protagonist then it could have been a new <em>2001 Space Odyssey</em>, or a cheesier version thereof.</p><p>But no, it also has to be that Alien film so how do we get this creature on board? Stupid characters.</p><p>They are on a multi-billion dollar mission to the Ultimate Answer in Space, they have the most advanced technology at their disposal and they can scan everything. <u>Everything</u>, there's no limit.</p><p>So what do they do? Take off the safety helmets and touch everything with their <em>hands</em>. For crying out loud.</p><p>After that it all becomes predictable routine, and there are several dangerous scenes with lots of physical activity that are impossible to watch because it's all fast-moving CGI images.</p><p>Bodies flying through the air, but who is who? You can't tell, and that's why the spectacle becomes the most boring part of the film.</p><p></p><p>There's no logic in David bringing the alien species into the ship. The man he answers to wants to meet the Engineer who can make him immortal. That's being 90 years old for all eternity.</p><p>I only kept watching to see if it could get any worse, and I was not disappointed.</p><p>For example, to ramp up the tension, someone has to outsmart a sexist self-operation bed. It's almost awesomely bad.</p><p>It even becomes Alien Vs. Engineer. Almost everything is exactly on that Freddy Vs. Jason level.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Willie Oleson, post: 434854, member: 8"] Prometheus (2012) [ATTACH type="full" alt="1767663756119.png"]58205[/ATTACH] I like the world-building of the Engineers, with all its over-the-top CGI set pieces. If android David had been the main protagonist then it could have been a new [I]2001 Space Odyssey[/I], or a cheesier version thereof. But no, it also has to be that Alien film so how do we get this creature on board? Stupid characters. They are on a multi-billion dollar mission to the Ultimate Answer in Space, they have the most advanced technology at their disposal and they can scan everything. [U]Everything[/U], there's no limit. So what do they do? Take off the safety helmets and touch everything with their [I]hands[/I]. For crying out loud. After that it all becomes predictable routine, and there are several dangerous scenes with lots of physical activity that are impossible to watch because it's all fast-moving CGI images. Bodies flying through the air, but who is who? You can't tell, and that's why the spectacle becomes the most boring part of the film. There's no logic in David bringing the alien species into the ship. The man he answers to wants to meet the Engineer who can make him immortal. That's being 90 years old for all eternity. I only kept watching to see if it could get any worse, and I was not disappointed. For example, to ramp up the tension, someone has to outsmart a sexist self-operation bed. It's almost awesomely bad. It even becomes Alien Vs. Engineer. Almost everything is exactly on that Freddy Vs. Jason level. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top