Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="ClassyCo" data-source="post: 438450" data-attributes="member: 7"><p>I decided to watch PRISCILLA (2023) today on Netflix. I don't remember this movie receiving quite as much press as the ELVIS (2022) biopic, but I was certainly aware that it was coming out, perhaps through information I gathered here on the forums. </p><p></p><p>Anyway, PRISCILLA is basically what you'd expect it to be -- glossy, superficial, and turning a glamorized version of young Priscilla Beaulieu's life with Elvis Presley. There isn't very much in the movie about Priscilla's life outside of Elvis, but I honestly wasn't expecting anything different. The real-life Priscilla's claim-to-fame was her relationship with Elvis, so it's only natural that her autobiography and own biopic would focus primarily on her relationship with one of the most famous people to have ever lived. Evidently, the real-life Priscilla served as an executive producer on the film, but I suppose she had no say in infusing any depth into the story, the portrayal of her or Elvis as actual characters, or perhaps she didn't really care. It's hard to tell. </p><p></p><p>Aside from that, the movie was... just okay. Cailee Spaeny is Priscilla and Jacob Elordi is Elvis, and they're the two everything naturally spins around. Their separate performances are decent, but I wouldn't say either of them are particularly outstanding. For my tastes, I'd say Austin Butler was a better Elvis than Elordi, but to each their own. You're not going to learn anything new about Priscilla or Elvis here. </p><p></p><p>[ATTACH=full]58745[/ATTACH]</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="ClassyCo, post: 438450, member: 7"] I decided to watch PRISCILLA (2023) today on Netflix. I don't remember this movie receiving quite as much press as the ELVIS (2022) biopic, but I was certainly aware that it was coming out, perhaps through information I gathered here on the forums. Anyway, PRISCILLA is basically what you'd expect it to be -- glossy, superficial, and turning a glamorized version of young Priscilla Beaulieu's life with Elvis Presley. There isn't very much in the movie about Priscilla's life outside of Elvis, but I honestly wasn't expecting anything different. The real-life Priscilla's claim-to-fame was her relationship with Elvis, so it's only natural that her autobiography and own biopic would focus primarily on her relationship with one of the most famous people to have ever lived. Evidently, the real-life Priscilla served as an executive producer on the film, but I suppose she had no say in infusing any depth into the story, the portrayal of her or Elvis as actual characters, or perhaps she didn't really care. It's hard to tell. Aside from that, the movie was... just okay. Cailee Spaeny is Priscilla and Jacob Elordi is Elvis, and they're the two everything naturally spins around. Their separate performances are decent, but I wouldn't say either of them are particularly outstanding. For my tastes, I'd say Austin Butler was a better Elvis than Elordi, but to each their own. You're not going to learn anything new about Priscilla or Elvis here. [ATTACH type="full"]58745[/ATTACH] [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top