Who Should Have Been Evicted from Southfork

Ray_Krebbs

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
What characters do you think should have been forced off the ranch but weren't? My vote goes for J.R. and Sue Ellen. After he mortgaged the ranch, that is when he should have been asked to leave. He could have still appeared for certain dinners and had interactions at the office and town. Perhaps Lucy should have not been allowed back after her break up with Mitch. Miss Ellie could say, they passed her onto him, he's her husband, she's got to work it out or start anew but in her own place

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Charlie. On a toilet. In that ditch beside the road in front pf the house. Holding a sign: "will bitch for food."

CeeCee72

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
What characters do you think should have been forced off the ranch but weren't? My vote goes for J.R. and Sue Ellen. After he mortgaged the ranch, that is when he should have been asked to leave. He could have still appeared for certain dinners and had interactions at the office and town. Perhaps Lucy should have not been allowed back after her break up with Mitch. Miss Ellie could say, they passed her onto him, he's her husband, she's got to work it out or start anew but in her own place
Definitely JR after he mortgaged Southfork. I mean, I love my son, but not sure I would let him live in my house if he did such a thing.

Also, I would have thrown them both out after my house caught fire because of their fighting (the wine on the wallpaper).

Jimmy Todd

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I always thought it was OTT that Clayton was planning to propose to the much younger Sue Ellen, his son's ex. Then I read that singer Bryan Ferry married his son's ex-girlfriend, so I guess these things do happen.
Maybe it's as Fallon Carrington said: "The rich are different."

Maybe Clayton should have shown he still loved Sue Ellen, and instead of Laurel, that's the reason Miss Ellie sent him packing.

Last edited:

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Clayton, just for being an outsider, as JR so correctly identified, and a windbag.
He tries to steal JR's wife and son, sucker punches JR at the wedding, and somehow winds up with half of Southfork.

You do realize JR was a bad guy, don't you?

Maybe it's as Fallon Carrington said: "The rich are different."

Especially when they live in trailer parks.

Luke_Krebbs_Ewing

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
it gives me no pleasure to say this, but Pam should have been at least temporarily evicted in season 4 for the dual crime of nearly having an affair with the insipid Alex Ward and getting a perm

She looked like a poodle!

Apart from the ranch dogs there shouldn't be any dog's on Southfork. Oh wait a sec I forgot Jenna Wade. :)

Jock Ewing Fan

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Indiana Jones
You do realize JR was a bad guy, don't you?

Especially when they live in trailer parks.
Not disputing JR for being... Jr, but it doesn't justify Clayton's misdeeds.
Notice that JR's "victims" were usually other corrupt, dishonest individuals.
Again, JR 's actions do not justify the misdeeds of Clayton ( a hypocritical hothead), Cliff Barnes, Jeremy Wendell, Carter McKay, Vaughn Leland,
the Cartel and other corrupt people.

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Not disputing JR for being... Jr, but it doesn't justify Clayton's misdeeds.
Notice that JR's "victims" were usually other corrupt, dishonest individuals.
Again, JR 's actions do not justify the misdeeds of Clayton ( a hypocritical hothead), Cliff Barnes, Jeremy Wendell, Carter McKay, Vaughn Leland,
the Cartel and other corrupt people.

You see Clayton as being on the same level as Cliff Barnes, Jeremy Wendell, Carter McKay, and Vaughn Leland??

Ray_Krebbs

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The recast of Pam following surgery

Bobby: This is what happens when you get the family discount from your nieces plastic surgeon of a husband. Oh, God, no!
images.jpeg

Taylor Bennett Jr.

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Remember when they forced Miss Ellie to compliment the poodle perm?
you don’t see it written often, but insiders have long whispered that this was what opened the rift between Barbara and Lorimar that ultimately led to Donna Reed taking over the role