Who will replace Biden as the Democratic nominee?

Frank Underwood

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I get why SCOTUS still matters to people, and I'm not a fan of their recent decisions myself. That said, complacency in the Democratic Party played a role in certain decisions. Refusing to codify Roe v. Wade is the most obvious example, of course. The dems care more about having issues to campaign on and fundraise off of than they do governing.

The Biden Administration is filled with corporate tools and war profiteers. Their playbook comes from The Center for American Progress, which is a neoliberal think tank. Neera Tanden was one of their top executives and is currently a member of the Biden Administration. Like Trump, Tanden supports bombing countries and stealing their oil.

All of that will continue if Harris is president. That doesn't mean I think Trump is an acceptable alternative. If anything, I still find all of the potential choices unacceptable.

Last edited:

Frank Underwood

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
But it is getting harder to hide. And Joe could, also, just flat-out croak at any moment.
Yes. Whether Biden miraculously retakes the White House or not, it seems virtually impossible that he'll be able to serve out another four-year term.

You may have more faith in Kamala's wits than I do.
Harris certainly mastered the art of trying to be profound while saying nothing at all. Her awkward cackle always comes out whenever she's asked questions she can't answer.

She's utterly corrupt, though, as much as Old Joe or The Donald.
While Fox News is as biased as any cable network (just in the opposite direction), they are accurately reminding people of that corruption (namely her record as prosecutor).

It's the same corruption Tulsi Gabbard exposed during the 2020 Democratic primary, which many believe torpedoed Harris's presidential aspirations. Now it's resurfacing:

Harris' past positions, record as California's top legal officer could upend Biden replacement ambitions | Fox News

Last edited:

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The only true continuity is that of imperialism and economic inequality, which is maintained regardless of whether we have a Democratic or a Republican administration.
My larger point was that the health or otherwise of the candidates need not be the deciding factor. You may have equal disdain for both parties, but for those who do have a preference it would be ridiculous to vote for someone with opposing views on the basis that they are more competent to carry them out.
I probably am the only person on this forum who feels this way, but I would prefer Kamala to Biden and certainly over Trump.
No, I agree. Kamala was my choice in 2020 and I haven't changed my mind. Constantly referring to her cackle is a cheap shot.

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Kamala's cackle is a neurotic compensatory action which occurs when she knows she has nothing substantive to say. Which is constant.

In the last few months, she's clearly been trained to rein in her unhinged gestures and crazy cackle, the image experts attempting to refine her demeanor into something more serious. But faking 'layers' isn't her forte. It's tough to get blood from a turnip.

And Kamala is a turnip. Cackle or no.

Frank Underwood

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
My larger point was that the health or otherwise of the candidates need not be the deciding factor. You may have equal disdain for both parties, but for those who do have a preference it would be ridiculous to vote for someone with opposing views on the basis that they are more competent to carry them out.
That much is true, but it only proves that presidents are puppets used to sell the establishment's agenda. All that matters is the puppet is functional and doesn't go off-script.

Propping up senile Biden long enough for Harris to step in will feel a bit like a coup if it happens. But then Dems don't really care about democracy any more than Republicans.

No, I agree. Kamala was my choice in 2020 and I haven't changed my mind. Constantly referring to her cackle is a cheap shot.
I don't think it's a cheap shot. Harris's cackle is a tell, which unconsciously comes out whenever she's being deceptive or when she can't come up with a substantive response.

As a prosecutor, Harris's treatment and exploitation of poor, non-violent offenders was shameful. After all, this is what ended her 2020 run for president. Many believe she was the Dem establishment's preferred candidate because they didn't want another "old, white man." But when that failed, anointing her Biden's VP was the perfect contingency.

Harris is an empty vessel for the establishment. As Democratic strategist Julian Epstein stated, "It's not clear what a Harris administration would look like, as she has never exhibited a core set of beliefs on anything as far as I can see, and her pre-VP federal experience is relatively limited. For the most part, she has been, like many politicians, an opportunist. She jailed lots of people for marijuana possession and then tweets about her support for legalization. She was a centrist prosecutor, then a social justice warrior."

Last edited:

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
On THE VIEW today, Joy Behar said the criticisms of Kamala's laugh -- much like Hillary's laugh -- are "sexist" because it reminds men of how women laugh at them in bed (and their inadequate genitalia).

Sunny Hoston told her that that was an insightful psychiatric observation.

So this is the level of the dialogue.

Frank Underwood

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
On THE VIEW today, Joy Behar said the criticisms of Kamala's laugh -- much like Hillary's laugh -- are "sexist" because it reminds men of how women laugh at them in bed (and their inadequate genitalia).

Sunny Hoston told her that that was an insightful psychiatric observation.

You can always count on The View to expose their own sexism while coming up with the dumbest takes imaginable. I guess Behar doesn't think "body positivity" applies to men.

Kamala and Hillary are both a couple of sociopaths who laugh at inappropriate times as a defense mechanism. That should be obvious to anybody who isn't a partisan hack.

Last edited:

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
You can always count on The View to expose their own sexism while coming up with the most idiotic takes imaginable. I guess "body positivity" doesn't apply to men in Behar's eyes.

Kamala and Hillary are both a couple of sociopaths who laugh at inappropriate times as a defense mechanism. That should be obvious to anybody who isn't a partisan hack.

Oh, of course body positivity doesn't apply to men.

KayLloyd

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I honestly don't know why Kamala is so dug in to keeping him on the ticket. It's harming her. Voters see her as duplicitous in this long con.
Power play, she holds the 25th amendment card and wants to be President and can't get elected on her own. Dr. Jill and Sleazy Hunter are locked in their own power play against each other holding the country hostage. The country is trapped in a scary real life version of Dr. Seuss's Marvin K. Mooney Will You Please Go Now.

Last edited:

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Power play, she holds the 25th amendment card and wants to be President. Dr. Jill and Sleazy Hunter are locked in their own power play against each holding the country hostage. The country is trapped in a scary real life version of Dr. Seuss's Marvin K. Mooney Will You Please Go Now.

Like my Homicidal Hillary fantasy, I'd like to see Kamala (only chosen by Biden as a running mate because the DNC wanted it) use the 25 amendment to removed Old Joe and then fill her administration with a ton of militant disabled, black trans-lesbians.

What could go wrong? I'm certainly up for the show...

KayLloyd

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards

We need a president who is fit to hold office and Biden isn't. Ignoring that will not get us out the crisis that we're in.

CeeCee72

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
We need a president who is fit to hold office and Biden isn't. Ignoring that will not get us out the crisis that we're in.
I agree.

But Trump isn't fit to hold office either. The only reason he gets a pass on all his dementia clues and endless incoherent rambling is because Biden looks more frail.

Frank Underwood

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I agree.

But Trump isn't fit to hold office either. The only reason he gets a pass on all his dementia clues and endless incoherent rambling is because Biden looks more frail.
Trump's getting a pass for now, but his physical and mental health had been a source of criticism for years prior to the debate. Obviously not to this extent, but then Biden's brain is far more gone. Of course, the Dems would still be pretending that Biden's the most cogent man on Earth if it weren't an election year, but the debate put an end to that.

Last edited:

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Kamala's cackle is a neurotic compensatory action which occurs when she knows she has nothing substantive to say. Which is constant.

Harris's cackle is a tell, which unconsciously comes out whenever she's being deceptive or when she can't come up with a substantive response.
I get that you find it annoying but how could you possibly know that?
an insightful psychiatric observation.

Exactly.

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards

Why couldn't somebody know that?

So you agree with Behar's point? That men dislike Kamala's cackle (there are plenty of women, too, who feel the same way) because it reminds them of when women laughed at them in bed?

How could you possibly know that?

Frank Underwood

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I don't know, maybe because that's when it always comes out? It's not like she's laughing at jokes. What she laughs at is more annoying to me, as it shows how insincere she is.

When in doubt, always blame sexism whenever a woman is criticized for... anything. But a hypothetical of a woman laughing at a man's genitals isn't sexist, apparently.

It's hard to keep up with the woke's standards.

Last edited:

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
When in doubt, always blame sexism whenever a woman is criticized for... anything.

And they will. THE VIEW's ladies often point out that "men are trash!" and that "we don't need men" because "men are all useless!"(although one of them asserts that she couldn't survive "without my gay men" to preserve that viewing demographic).

What about the women who dislike Kamala's cackle -- are they lesbians haunted by their past sexual assessments from women??

Last edited: