Wizard of Oz

Mo Mouse

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I always thought that there was an unspoken attraction between Dorothy and the scarecrow in their interaction which was not present at all in her relationship with the Lion, the Tin Man ot the Wizard. Their relationship was definitely special.

Snarky's Ghost

Telly Talk Oracle
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
Well, she was going to miss him most of all.

Via The Void

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Well, she was going to miss him most of all.

According to my boxset of The Wizard of Oz, there was a subplot of a romance between these two characters in human form at the beginning of the film which was taken out of the script in re-writes.

That's what that line of Dorothy's "I will miss you most of all" was meant to intimate. :)

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
In "Wicked" one of the characters eventually turns into a Scarecrow and falls in love with Elphaba (you know, Idina Menzel, aka the Mean Green Witch). :hallow1

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
According to my boxset of The Wizard of Oz, there was a subplot of a romance between these two characters in human form at the beginning of the film which was taken out of the script in re-writes.

That's what that line of Dorothy's "I will miss you most of all" was meant to intimate. :)
It's unclear in the film just how old Dorothy is supposed to be. Judy Garland is older than the character in the book but somehow a romance still seems inappropriate.