1.34 ratings for the Pilot (TERRIBLE) Plus my review...

MarkSinacori

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
3
After seeing the end credits theme on CW player, I strongly doubt we are getting an intro with any update of a Dynasty jingle to match with the logo in 2-3 secs. I just think it's gonna be logo and that's it, just like the Pilot did. At first I didn't catch the logo after that God-awful Trump scene that opened the show, but it was there right after it. I missed it because I was on my computer editing something.
 

MarkSinacori

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
3
Well in that case I'm going to take back my winner rating.
And didn't those initial numbers prove there was still an interest in the Ewing family, after all these years. Pity what came after it.


To me they ruined Dallas because they didn't follow the reunion films, then all the mob one after another after another from South America. It got boring.
 

MarkSinacori

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
3
To me they ruined Dallas because they didn't follow the reunion films, then all the mob one after another after another from South America. It got boring.

I liked it and usually forgot about the reunion stuff they left out, but the mob from Mexico and South was all they used in the series. Season 3 it was too much!
 

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV
1
 
Awards
5
I never did. But that's the reason why it can't disappoint me. :D
 

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV
3
 
Awards
9
I'd like to see the show get a full season WITH CLOSURE in the last episode produced this season. But it won't wrap up. It's gonna end in limbo. Period. The show will be cancelled either several episodes in or after the season finale airs, whenever that may be. It's gonna end the same way Melrose Place ended on CW, Titans ended on NBC, Cane ended on CBS, and North Shore ended 0n FOX. It won't have closure, unless it takes off and the ratings soar. Being CW, highly unlikely. 1.34 is not good. That's cancellation material. How higher do you expect it to go? 1.8? 1.9 and get renewed?

Eh, I would point out that both No Tomorrow and Frequency got digital mini-closures last season - ever since they put more focus on their Netflix deal they've been good with trying to give even their shortest lived shows some sort of "ending". I'd assume that's what they'll do with Dynasty too if it gets cancelled.

But yet again - Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is literally THE lowest rated show on network television two seasons in a row. It keeps getting renewed because it does well on Netflix. It also has the advantage of being a CBS production; since The CW is a joint deal with Warners and CBS and the laters shows are the most low-rated shows on the network (Crazy Ex, Jane the Virgin, Dynasty, Valor) I think it has a fair shot despite mediocre ratings. Crazy Ex is a shoo-in since most low-rated CW shows that make it past the first season is given four (Beauty and The Beast got to four seasons / 70 episodes). Of course, if renewed and the ratings continue to be terrible I assume it'll get a timeslot downgrade (Fridays or the summer) and a significant budget cut, but they'll end dragging it to four seasons if it gets a season two. That's been their pattern since The Carrie Diaries.
 
Top