Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Dynasty
CW Dynasty
A new Alexis? Seriously?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Willie Oleson" data-source="post: 9280" data-attributes="member: 8"><p>I agree 100%. But I think this is supposed to be a fun project, like, making a remix of a song. Even without considering the stellar (original) cast, it will be next to impossible to recreate the atmosphere from that particular era.</p><p>We've discussed hundreds of what-if scenarios on the old forum, and now we can have an alternative Dynasty version.</p><p>I'm not saying that they will use any of those suggestions - probably not! - but it's <em>possible</em>, and that's what makes it so exciting. What part will be the same and what are they going to change? How will it look? The fun of comparing things.</p><p></p><p>Personally I'd struggle with a continuation, that could only work for Dallas simply because John Ross III has always been such an important part of the original story, unlike the Carrington and Colby kids.</p><p>Bringing back the old cast? I prefer to remember them the way they were, instead of watching the "Shady Pines" versions.</p><p>Then there's the issue of S9 vs. mini-series, quite a mess if you ask me.</p><p>Nobody's interested in watching a grown-up Krystina or Danny (who were they???) and the Alexis we knew...she's gone. Thankfully, Joan Collins is still alive and kicking, but not <em>so</em> kicking, if you know what I mean.</p><p></p><p>That doesn't mean I'm not concerned <em>at all</em>. I plan to enjoy this, but something like miscasting could sabotage that, so at least we should be prepared for a little challenge.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Willie Oleson, post: 9280, member: 8"] I agree 100%. But I think this is supposed to be a fun project, like, making a remix of a song. Even without considering the stellar (original) cast, it will be next to impossible to recreate the atmosphere from that particular era. We've discussed hundreds of what-if scenarios on the old forum, and now we can have an alternative Dynasty version. I'm not saying that they will use any of those suggestions - probably not! - but it's [I]possible[/I], and that's what makes it so exciting. What part will be the same and what are they going to change? How will it look? The fun of comparing things. Personally I'd struggle with a continuation, that could only work for Dallas simply because John Ross III has always been such an important part of the original story, unlike the Carrington and Colby kids. Bringing back the old cast? I prefer to remember them the way they were, instead of watching the "Shady Pines" versions. Then there's the issue of S9 vs. mini-series, quite a mess if you ask me. Nobody's interested in watching a grown-up Krystina or Danny (who were they???) and the Alexis we knew...she's gone. Thankfully, Joan Collins is still alive and kicking, but not [I]so[/I] kicking, if you know what I mean. That doesn't mean I'm not concerned [I]at all[/I]. I plan to enjoy this, but something like miscasting could sabotage that, so at least we should be prepared for a little challenge. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Dynasty
CW Dynasty
A new Alexis? Seriously?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top