Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Dynasty
CW Dynasty
Can they just end this now?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="thomaswak" data-source="post: 162456" data-attributes="member: 3833"><p>Yep. Season 1 since Alexis arrival till the finale was good (and very good sometimes)</p><p>Season 2 was bad to average till episode 13, 14, 15 which were very good imho (in Nu<em>Dynasty </em>standards, of course) 16 and 17 were good, till Fallexis reveal, which was the stupidest recast idea ever. I get that the writers/producers wanted to create some buzz. And they had some reactions on social networks. But it backlashed, and not in a good way. Even if Gillies did a great job impersonating NS Alexis, the concept was so dumb that it was very, very hard to keep the very last bits of credibility of the show (not that it had much)...</p><p></p><p>If we "forget" the reveal, we had 5 good/very good episodes in a row. So that's why I keep watching this weird incarnation of <em>Dynasty.</em> Even if I complain a lot about the writing (the lack of consequences, the lack of consistency, the lack of balance, the lack of a moral compass) I enjoy the show.</p><p></p><p>Even if the show is schizophrenic. How can they write a great episode 15, with such a dark ending (Adam putting Alexis' face in fireplace !) and follow up with no emotional consequences (no body cared that she was burned. Fallon was even making joke about it)... No compassion, no decent human reactions... Alexis being happy with her new look, and suddenly feeling very confortable with the one who burned her face in the first place... I mean, no real human being can react like they all do.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="thomaswak, post: 162456, member: 3833"] Yep. Season 1 since Alexis arrival till the finale was good (and very good sometimes) Season 2 was bad to average till episode 13, 14, 15 which were very good imho (in Nu[I]Dynasty [/I]standards, of course) 16 and 17 were good, till Fallexis reveal, which was the stupidest recast idea ever. I get that the writers/producers wanted to create some buzz. And they had some reactions on social networks. But it backlashed, and not in a good way. Even if Gillies did a great job impersonating NS Alexis, the concept was so dumb that it was very, very hard to keep the very last bits of credibility of the show (not that it had much)... If we "forget" the reveal, we had 5 good/very good episodes in a row. So that's why I keep watching this weird incarnation of [I]Dynasty.[/I] Even if I complain a lot about the writing (the lack of consequences, the lack of consistency, the lack of balance, the lack of a moral compass) I enjoy the show. Even if the show is schizophrenic. How can they write a great episode 15, with such a dark ending (Adam putting Alexis' face in fireplace !) and follow up with no emotional consequences (no body cared that she was burned. Fallon was even making joke about it)... No compassion, no decent human reactions... Alexis being happy with her new look, and suddenly feeling very confortable with the one who burned her face in the first place... I mean, no real human being can react like they all do. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
Dynasty
CW Dynasty
Can they just end this now?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top