Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas - The Original Series
Conundrum
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Lastkidpicked" data-source="post: 51294" data-attributes="member: 237"><p>I'm glad that Sarah started this thread, and especially glad to see the responses because I may be the only one who actually liked Conumdrum.</p><p>And while I usually agree with all of you, it's even more fun and interesting when we have a friendly disagreement.</p><p></p><p>During the original run in the 80's, EVERYBODY was talking about J.R. His money, his power. He was the man we loved to hate.</p><p></p><p>But Conundrum showed that it wasn't only the money and power that drove J.R. It was his relationships with those around him. Those he loved and those he hated. In the end, when he didn't have those sparring partners any more, he lost a lot of the spark that drove him.</p><p></p><p>To put a finer point on it: J.R. <em>needed </em>the rivalry with Cliff. He savored the fight. When the rivalry was over, much of the fun went out of J.R.'s life. J.R. <em>needed</em> the back and forth with Sue Ellen. Once she moved on, J.R. wasn't the same.</p><p></p><p>Conundrum showed that while J.R. at first seemed to have the world on a string, money and power couldn't buy happiness once he was left behind by those around him.</p><p></p><p>Like I said, this is even more fun when we disagree, so feel free to come back with your opinions. I enjoy the friendly back and forth.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Lastkidpicked, post: 51294, member: 237"] I'm glad that Sarah started this thread, and especially glad to see the responses because I may be the only one who actually liked Conumdrum. And while I usually agree with all of you, it's even more fun and interesting when we have a friendly disagreement. During the original run in the 80's, EVERYBODY was talking about J.R. His money, his power. He was the man we loved to hate. But Conundrum showed that it wasn't only the money and power that drove J.R. It was his relationships with those around him. Those he loved and those he hated. In the end, when he didn't have those sparring partners any more, he lost a lot of the spark that drove him. To put a finer point on it: J.R. [I]needed [/I]the rivalry with Cliff. He savored the fight. When the rivalry was over, much of the fun went out of J.R.'s life. J.R. [I]needed[/I] the back and forth with Sue Ellen. Once she moved on, J.R. wasn't the same. Conundrum showed that while J.R. at first seemed to have the world on a string, money and power couldn't buy happiness once he was left behind by those around him. Like I said, this is even more fun when we disagree, so feel free to come back with your opinions. I enjoy the friendly back and forth. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas - The Original Series
Conundrum
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top