Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Dynasty
CW Dynasty
CW PIlot Officially Ordered
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Daniel Avery" data-source="post: 38380" data-attributes="member: 27"><p>The unsold pilots that aired were potential series that the network (for whatever reason) decided not to pursue. Most were forgettable, anyway, even at the time (which was the 1970s and 1980s, which was a fairly long time ago). One that I recall involved Kate Jackson playing the sheriff in a small Northwestern town, a crime drama. A little while later she was starring in <em>Scarecrow and Mrs. King, </em>but that small-town sheriff role stuck in my head because it seemed like a (more) perfect role for her. I was such a fan that I would have watched her in anything, but <em>Scarecrow and Mrs. King</em> was actually a damn good show. </p><p></p><p>They didn't (in my memory) ever show first-draft pilots, the sort of pilots where the series was bought, but they re-tooled the pilot with recasts, etc. because (I'm guessing) they didn't want to have people compare the two. The first versions typically only surface after a show becomes a success and people are curious about the show's origins. Even then, you have to get such "scrapped" material as a DVD extra or something (such as the many changing faces of the cast of <em>All In The Family </em>during the pilot phase)<em>. </em></p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Daniel Avery, post: 38380, member: 27"] The unsold pilots that aired were potential series that the network (for whatever reason) decided not to pursue. Most were forgettable, anyway, even at the time (which was the 1970s and 1980s, which was a fairly long time ago). One that I recall involved Kate Jackson playing the sheriff in a small Northwestern town, a crime drama. A little while later she was starring in [I]Scarecrow and Mrs. King, [/I]but that small-town sheriff role stuck in my head because it seemed like a (more) perfect role for her. I was such a fan that I would have watched her in anything, but [I]Scarecrow and Mrs. King[/I] was actually a damn good show. They didn't (in my memory) ever show first-draft pilots, the sort of pilots where the series was bought, but they re-tooled the pilot with recasts, etc. because (I'm guessing) they didn't want to have people compare the two. The first versions typically only surface after a show becomes a success and people are curious about the show's origins. Even then, you have to get such "scrapped" material as a DVD extra or something (such as the many changing faces of the cast of [I]All In The Family [/I]during[I] [/I]the pilot phase)[I]. [/I] [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Dynasty
CW Dynasty
CW PIlot Officially Ordered
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top