Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Dynasty
CW Dynasty
CW Renew Dynasty for a 2nd Season
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Daniel Avery" data-source="post: 113659" data-attributes="member: 27"><p>Around the time original <em>Dynasty</em> was a national obsession (the spring of 1983), NBC chose to renew the lowest-rated show on its schedule (and 74th out of 77 shows on all networks) rather than give up on it. Like the CW, NBC didn't have a lot going for it, schedule-wise, and decided to give that show a chance to build an audience rather than just dump them. It worked out well for them; the show (<em>Cheers</em>) gathered an audience during rerun season and built on that audience for eleven seasons.</p><p></p><p>You never can tell what goes into these decisions. So many shows I liked have been prematurely (in my opinion) cancelled, so all I can do is say "hell yeah!".</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Daniel Avery, post: 113659, member: 27"] Around the time original [I]Dynasty[/I] was a national obsession (the spring of 1983), NBC chose to renew the lowest-rated show on its schedule (and 74th out of 77 shows on all networks) rather than give up on it. Like the CW, NBC didn't have a lot going for it, schedule-wise, and decided to give that show a chance to build an audience rather than just dump them. It worked out well for them; the show ([I]Cheers[/I]) gathered an audience during rerun season and built on that audience for eleven seasons. You never can tell what goes into these decisions. So many shows I liked have been prematurely (in my opinion) cancelled, so all I can do is say "hell yeah!". [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
Dynasty
CW Dynasty
CW Renew Dynasty for a 2nd Season
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top