Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Dynasty
CW Dynasty
Episode Structure & Scene Length
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Rove" data-source="post: 162810" data-attributes="member: 100"><p>From my point of view this <em>breakneck speed</em> appears to be affiliated with commercial networks, not so with streaming services. I don't understand this incessant need from TV Executives to have episodes of drama presented like Pop Videos. Perhaps the root cause of this effect goes back to MTV. I'm guilty of laying blame on the generation of today and their short attention span but then I'm reminded that same generation is fixated on shows like <em>Game of Thrones </em>and <em>The Walking Dead</em>; both acknowledged as being character driven with drawn out scenes. </p><p></p><p>Others here on Soapchat had a preconceived idea what this version of Dynasty was going to look like considering it's on The CW. The Channel I believe is oriented towards the younger viewer. That's fine as long as the Executive Producers of Peach Dynasty went in with a clear mind how their vision was to be presented. I wouldn't mind if this version was centered on Fallon Carrington. I wouldn't mind if they positioned her in Atlanta and perhaps kept the family back home in Denver. Of course older fans of original Dynasty wouldn't accept this but that's okay because they would soon appreciate the producers vision; Fallon Carrington out on her own wishing to start <em>her </em>Dynasty with new money rather than rely on daddy's old money. A series which tells the story of a strong willed young woman wishing to make a success on her own...but without the nudge nudge, wink wink attitude.</p><p></p><p>So. If this series was targeted towards <em>Keeping Up With The Dashounds </em>brigade then I would be willing to say Peach Dynasty could have enjoyed moderate success with its <em>breakneck speed </em>plots and pop music infused scenes. </p><p></p><p>Or would it?</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Rove, post: 162810, member: 100"] From my point of view this [I]breakneck speed[/I] appears to be affiliated with commercial networks, not so with streaming services. I don't understand this incessant need from TV Executives to have episodes of drama presented like Pop Videos. Perhaps the root cause of this effect goes back to MTV. I'm guilty of laying blame on the generation of today and their short attention span but then I'm reminded that same generation is fixated on shows like [I]Game of Thrones [/I]and [I]The Walking Dead[/I]; both acknowledged as being character driven with drawn out scenes. Others here on Soapchat had a preconceived idea what this version of Dynasty was going to look like considering it's on The CW. The Channel I believe is oriented towards the younger viewer. That's fine as long as the Executive Producers of Peach Dynasty went in with a clear mind how their vision was to be presented. I wouldn't mind if this version was centered on Fallon Carrington. I wouldn't mind if they positioned her in Atlanta and perhaps kept the family back home in Denver. Of course older fans of original Dynasty wouldn't accept this but that's okay because they would soon appreciate the producers vision; Fallon Carrington out on her own wishing to start [I]her [/I]Dynasty with new money rather than rely on daddy's old money. A series which tells the story of a strong willed young woman wishing to make a success on her own...but without the nudge nudge, wink wink attitude. So. If this series was targeted towards [I]Keeping Up With The Dashounds [/I]brigade then I would be willing to say Peach Dynasty could have enjoyed moderate success with its [I]breakneck speed [/I]plots and pop music infused scenes. Or would it? [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
Dynasty
CW Dynasty
Episode Structure & Scene Length
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top