Barbara Fan

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Witness, Vertigo, Spellbound
Oh I didn't know they used to date!
But yes I have enjoyed reading about her children Princess Caroline, Prince Albert and Princess Stephanie in the women's magazines as I grew up too.:)
I think it's amazing how much her grandchildren reminds of Grace Kelly. They are all beautiful.
1642706954051.png

Off topic x

Attachments

• Family 0183.jpg
    Family 0183.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 28
K

Karin Schill

Thanks BF. Also since Princess Caroline is Grace Kelly's daughter I don't think it's that off topic. When I began reading about Princess Caroline in the press I think she had recently been widowed and later she got married to Ernst August and had another daughter.

Apparently this was Grace's only starring vehicle that didn't make money.
Well having watched that movie. I am not surprised that it didn't make any money.

So does anyone else wanna join in with your Grace Kelly movie list?

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
Thanks BF. Also since Princess Caroline is Grace Kelly's daughter I don't think it's that off topic. When I began reading about Princess Caroline in the press I think she had recently been widowed and later she got married to Ernst August and had another daughter.

Well having watched that movie. I am not surprised that it didn't make any money.

So does anyone else wanna join in with your Grace Kelly movie list?

@Karin Schill, please add one more to my list. Instead of "Green Fire" (which I´m not sure I watched), put "The Country Girl" that I watched a couple of days ago. I didn´t like it too much, it deserves the last place despite the Oscar and all!

K

Karin Schill

No we actually haven't made a top ten list of Marilyn Monroe. Do you want me to add her to the list of stars we'll cover in the near future @Caproni?

@Toni I have edited your list to include The Country Girl instead of Green Fire. However you have only listed 9 movies so if you'd wish me to add Green Fire as your number 10 I could do that. Also you didn't list Green Fire last. So please go through your list and check so it looks ok. If you wish to change the order of some of the movies, let me know, okay?

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
No we actually haven't made a top ten list of Marilyn Monroe. Do you want me to add her to the list of stars we'll cover in the near future @Caproni?

@Toni I have edited your list to include The Country Girl instead of Green Fire. However you have only listed 9 movies so if you'd wish me to add Green Fire as your number 10 I could do that. Also you didn't list Green Fire last. So please go through your list and check so it looks ok. If you wish to change the order of some of the movies, let me know, okay?
Karin, it´s ok, let´s leave it this way. I´m not even sure I re-watched it since I got it. I will probably watch "GF" and "Toko-Ri" in a near future.

K

Karin Schill

Okay thanks . Then I will let your list be @Toni

Also I have added Marilyn Monroe to my list of requested stars we'll cover in the future @Caproni

This is your last chance to take part in this round. :)

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Okay thanks . Then I will let your list be @Toni

Also I have added Marilyn Monroe to my list of requested stars we'll cover in the future @Caproni

This is your last chance to take part in this round. :)
Thanks Karin! Can´t wait for MM´s poll!

Let me suggest a few (I don´t remember if we vote for them):
- Jessica Lange
- Montgomery Clift
- Shirley MacLaine
- Nicole Kidman

K

Karin Schill

@Toni we've done Nicole Kidman. But not the other stars you suggested.

@Caproni we've done Joan Crawford but not Bette Davis.

Would you like me to add them?

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
K

Karin Schill

Okay I will add Bette Davis to the list of stars too. :)

Also if anyone wants to add a Grace Kelly list you'll have until the weekend to do so! :)

ClassyCo

Telly Talk Superstar
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Also if anyone wants to add a Grace Kelly list you'll have until the weekend to do so!
I'm not well-versed enough on Kelly's movies to compile a Top 10 list, but I suppose I could do a Top 5:

1. REAR WINDOW
2. TO CATCH A THIEF
3. DIAL M FOR MURDER
4. MOGAMBO
5. HIGH SOCIETY

It's been years since I've seen some of these movies, and therefore my rankings might be a little off.​

K

Karin Schill

Okay so apparently your favorite Grace Kelly movie is:
1643538455201.png

To Catch a Thief (1955)

In this American romantic thriller film Grace Kelly portrays the daughter of a wealthy widow who is visiting the French Riviera. She is a tourist who meets John "The Cat" Robie, who is portrayed by Cary Grant. He is a retired cat burglar who is trying to catch an imposter who is preying on wealthy tourists. The movie was based on a novel by David Dodge from 1952. The movie was directed by Alfred Hitchcock.

You gave it a total of: 62 points.

Here's a trailer for the winning movie:

Then the runner up was:
1643538832517.png

Rear Window (1954)
In this American mystery thriller film Grace Kelly portrays the girlfriend Lisa Fremont who visits her boyfriend L.B. Jefferies in his apartment. James Stewart portrays L.B. who is nicknamed Jeff. Jeff is a photographer who is confined to a wheelchair. He is bored and with nothing to do he starts observing his neighbours from his rear window facing the backyard. He starts making observations that leads him to the conclusion that a murder must have been committed. The movie was directed by Alfred Hitchcock.

You gave it a total of 60 points.

Here's a trailer for that movie:

Then here's the rest of the list:

Dial M For Murder (1954) 44 p.

Mogambo (1953) 27 p.
High Society (1956) 27 p.
High Noon (1952) 24 p.

Fourteen hours (1951) 12 p.
The Swan (1956) 12 p.

The Bridges at Toko-Ri (1954) 7 p.
The Country Girl (1954) 6 p.
Green Fire (1954) 1 p.

Thank you to everyone who's taken part in this round. :)

K

Karin Schill

Up next is this actor:
1643539638302.png

Geoffrey Rush is an Australian actor and narrator. He was born on 6th July, 1951 in Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia. His father worked as an accountant for the Royal Australian Air Force and his mother as a sales assistant at a department store. His parents divorced when he was five and he moved with his mother to Brisbane. He is of English, Scottish, Irish and German descent.

After graduating from the University of Queensland with a bachelor’s degree in Arts his acting career got started. He joined the Queensland Theatre Company in 1971 and toured with them for several years. In 1981 he made the transitions to films and starred in the Australian film Hoodwink (1981). His big break in films didn’t come until with Shine (1996), the role even landed him an Oscar. His movie career has since gone on track and he’s starred in several commercial successes. But he also appears on stage occasionally and has won a Tony Award and an Emmy Award.

In his career he has made approximately 40 movies so far. But which one of these are your favorite?

Totals: In February.

This star was requested by @Emelee

Barbara Fan

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Witness, Vertigo, Spellbound
He is a great actor and Im ashamed to say I havent seen that many of his films

1. The Kings Speech - simply wonderful as Lionel Logue
  2. Elizabeth
  3. Shine
  4. Sheakespeare in Love
  5. Elizabeth - The golden age
  6. The tailor of Panama
  7. The Book club

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I think he's a great actor and it feels like I've seen him in many roles. Strangely enough, I haven't.

1. The King's Speech
2. Pirates of the Caribbean 1: Curse of the Black Pearl
3. The Life and Death of Peter Sellers
4. Shakespeare in Love
5. Pirates of the Caribbean 4: Stranger Tides
6. Pirates of the Caribbean 3: At World's End
7. Munich