Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
Grande Dame Guignol
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Crimson" data-source="post: 333967" data-attributes="member: 5079"><p>I came across that colorized BABY JANE a few days ago. I was initially impressed with the (presumably) amateur work, but the further I got into the video the less impressed I was. The colors, particularly skin tones, were occasionally too garish and there's a muddling of color in some scenes. The work done by Pop Colorture is more technically impressive.</p><p></p><p>I<em> like</em> B&W, so colorized films have never done anything for me. This is doubly true of genres like horror and noir, where the B&W is essential to the mood; it's perhaps something else to colorize a musical or comedy that probably would have been filmed in color if not for budget limitations. Plus I think it was a deliberate choice to film BABY JANE in B&W; didn't Davis object to the use of color because of concern her makeup would look silly or something? (She was right.)</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Crimson, post: 333967, member: 5079"] I came across that colorized BABY JANE a few days ago. I was initially impressed with the (presumably) amateur work, but the further I got into the video the less impressed I was. The colors, particularly skin tones, were occasionally too garish and there's a muddling of color in some scenes. The work done by Pop Colorture is more technically impressive. I[I] like[/I] B&W, so colorized films have never done anything for me. This is doubly true of genres like horror and noir, where the B&W is essential to the mood; it's perhaps something else to colorize a musical or comedy that probably would have been filmed in color if not for budget limitations. Plus I think it was a deliberate choice to film BABY JANE in B&W; didn't Davis object to the use of color because of concern her makeup would look silly or something? (She was right.) [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
Grande Dame Guignol
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top