Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
Hitchcock: His Talent, Movies, & Legacy
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Piggyrella Sanderson" data-source="post: 182374" data-attributes="member: 82"><p>What happens to me with Hitchcock is the same thing that happens with "Dallas": I love both of them so much, that it´s hard to pick up a favorite movie or episode.</p><p></p><p>If I had to, I´d choose the Ingrid Bergman movies, "Vertigo" and both Tippi Hedren films. I love all of them, but I have watched the above mentioned so many times that I never say no to watching them again.</p><p></p><p>There´s something about "Marnie" and "The Birds" that make me think they belong to the same universe, or are part of an unexisting series of movies. Maybe it has to do with the photography, with Tippi or with the era. Sort of "Peyton Place" meets "The Twilight Zone", and I find it irresistible. </p><p></p><p>This also happens with others like "Rope" and "Rear Window" (with James Stewart maybe playing twins separated at birth), or "Strangers on a Train" and "Shadow of a Doubt", and even "Rebecca" and "Suspicion". You really could imagine a crossover of the villains into each other´s movie.</p><p></p><p>This AFI special is really excellent, watch it if you haven´t!</p><p style="text-align: center"></p> <p style="text-align: center">[MEDIA=youtube]w3HesnHmPOk[/MEDIA]</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Piggyrella Sanderson, post: 182374, member: 82"] What happens to me with Hitchcock is the same thing that happens with "Dallas": I love both of them so much, that it´s hard to pick up a favorite movie or episode. If I had to, I´d choose the Ingrid Bergman movies, "Vertigo" and both Tippi Hedren films. I love all of them, but I have watched the above mentioned so many times that I never say no to watching them again. There´s something about "Marnie" and "The Birds" that make me think they belong to the same universe, or are part of an unexisting series of movies. Maybe it has to do with the photography, with Tippi or with the era. Sort of "Peyton Place" meets "The Twilight Zone", and I find it irresistible. This also happens with others like "Rope" and "Rear Window" (with James Stewart maybe playing twins separated at birth), or "Strangers on a Train" and "Shadow of a Doubt", and even "Rebecca" and "Suspicion". You really could imagine a crossover of the villains into each other´s movie. This AFI special is really excellent, watch it if you haven´t! [CENTER] [MEDIA=youtube]w3HesnHmPOk[/MEDIA][/CENTER] [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
Hitchcock: His Talent, Movies, & Legacy
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top