Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
Hitchcock: His Talent, Movies, & Legacy
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Werewillie Oleson" data-source="post: 187341" data-attributes="member: 8"><p>Well, that was interesting! I'm trying to decide whose story it was, but it felt like 3 different chapters: Marion, Marion & Norman, the sister and the lover. What a hunk, btw. And Norman reminds of S&D's Peter Healy.</p><p>I think I prefer Marion's story, and the irony of the criminal meeting the other criminal. Sort of a Tales Of The Unexpected.</p><p>I find the Norman/mother story difficult to rate because surprise twists in movies have become so commonplace, but I'm sure at that time it was really awesome.</p><p></p><p>Scenes that stood out for me:</p><p>Marion's car scenes, and the imagined conversations</p><p>Marion's face on the floor</p><p>The car in the lake (it felt like she was killed again, and there's something <em>very</em> dastardly about making people disappear altogether)</p><p>Norman's mistakes when he's being questioned by the detective ("the couple that stayed here last week..")</p><p>When the detective meets "mother", just a moment before he's killed</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Werewillie Oleson, post: 187341, member: 8"] Well, that was interesting! I'm trying to decide whose story it was, but it felt like 3 different chapters: Marion, Marion & Norman, the sister and the lover. What a hunk, btw. And Norman reminds of S&D's Peter Healy. I think I prefer Marion's story, and the irony of the criminal meeting the other criminal. Sort of a Tales Of The Unexpected. I find the Norman/mother story difficult to rate because surprise twists in movies have become so commonplace, but I'm sure at that time it was really awesome. Scenes that stood out for me: Marion's car scenes, and the imagined conversations Marion's face on the floor The car in the lake (it felt like she was killed again, and there's something [I]very[/I] dastardly about making people disappear altogether) Norman's mistakes when he's being questioned by the detective ("the couple that stayed here last week..") When the detective meets "mother", just a moment before he's killed [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
Hitchcock: His Talent, Movies, & Legacy
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top