Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
Hitchcock: His Talent, Movies, & Legacy
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Crimson" data-source="post: 373271" data-attributes="member: 5079"><p>I have great appreciation for Hitchcock's films, although I'm not sure how much I really <em>enjoy</em> them. I don't think I would turn on a Hitch movie just to entertain myself, in the way I would movies by Wilder, Mankiewicz or Preminger. I think Hitch's films were so stylized, arch and wry, that I don't have any emotional attachment to their experience. I'd probably watch HIGH ANXIETY before I watch any of that film's targets. </p><p></p><p>And those of his films that I like the most tend to be his least archetypal: REBECCA (arguably more a Selznick film), LIFEBOAT, STAGE FRIGHT, MR. & MRS. SMITH.</p><p></p><p>Several Hitchcock films are playing in theaters near me over the next few weeks: THE BIRDS; VERTIGO; NORTH BY NORTHWEST; and PSYCHO. I'll likely go to see the first and last of these.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Crimson, post: 373271, member: 5079"] I have great appreciation for Hitchcock's films, although I'm not sure how much I really [I]enjoy[/I] them. I don't think I would turn on a Hitch movie just to entertain myself, in the way I would movies by Wilder, Mankiewicz or Preminger. I think Hitch's films were so stylized, arch and wry, that I don't have any emotional attachment to their experience. I'd probably watch HIGH ANXIETY before I watch any of that film's targets. And those of his films that I like the most tend to be his least archetypal: REBECCA (arguably more a Selznick film), LIFEBOAT, STAGE FRIGHT, MR. & MRS. SMITH. Several Hitchcock films are playing in theaters near me over the next few weeks: THE BIRDS; VERTIGO; NORTH BY NORTHWEST; and PSYCHO. I'll likely go to see the first and last of these. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
Hitchcock: His Talent, Movies, & Legacy
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top