Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
Hitchcock: His Talent, Movies, & Legacy
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Crimson" data-source="post: 375722" data-attributes="member: 5079"><p>Here at least, the movie was playing at 1pm and 7pm. If you have the time to see it, I suggest you go. If my review above seemed mostly negative, it may not have conveyed one point: i <em>enjoyed</em> watching the film, even if I was gritting my teeth over only half of it working. </p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>Hitch's blondes always seem excessively <em>coached</em> to me; even Doris Day couldn't entirely overcome Hitchcock's dominance. But there are moments in THE BIRDS where Hedren's own personality, or at least performance, seems to slip through. She's immensely likable in these moments, which seem very uncharacteristic of Hitchcock's ladies -- leading me to think those contributions were hers more than his. But I don't recall if I liked her as much in MARNIE, nor have I ever been too impressed with her in other works. So perhaps she needed Hitchcock, even if just to rebel against.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Crimson, post: 375722, member: 5079"] Here at least, the movie was playing at 1pm and 7pm. If you have the time to see it, I suggest you go. If my review above seemed mostly negative, it may not have conveyed one point: i [I]enjoyed[/I] watching the film, even if I was gritting my teeth over only half of it working. Hitch's blondes always seem excessively [I]coached[/I] to me; even Doris Day couldn't entirely overcome Hitchcock's dominance. But there are moments in THE BIRDS where Hedren's own personality, or at least performance, seems to slip through. She's immensely likable in these moments, which seem very uncharacteristic of Hitchcock's ladies -- leading me to think those contributions were hers more than his. But I don't recall if I liked her as much in MARNIE, nor have I ever been too impressed with her in other works. So perhaps she needed Hitchcock, even if just to rebel against. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
Hitchcock: His Talent, Movies, & Legacy
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top