Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
Hitchcock: His Talent, Movies, & Legacy
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Spells &amp; Karma" data-source="post: 401659" data-attributes="member: 23"><p>If someone feels the need to have <em>The Birds </em>scientifically explained, I'd point them towards 2007's <em>Kaw</em>, a film I stumbled upon a few years ago. It's made by The Sci Fi Channel and heavily rips off <em>The Birds,</em> "fixing" it with the (ahem) scientific explanation that the titular creatures had been[ISPOILER] feeding on cattle with Mad Cow Disease.[/ISPOILER]</p><p></p><p>Even if the rip-off had been good (it wasn't), I feel the explanation would have been a turn-off. But then I'm from the "less is more" school when it comes to explaining such things.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Spells & Karma, post: 401659, member: 23"] If someone feels the need to have [I]The Birds [/I]scientifically explained, I'd point them towards 2007's [I]Kaw[/I], a film I stumbled upon a few years ago. It's made by The Sci Fi Channel and heavily rips off [I]The Birds,[/I] "fixing" it with the (ahem) scientific explanation that the titular creatures had been[ISPOILER] feeding on cattle with Mad Cow Disease.[/ISPOILER] Even if the rip-off had been good (it wasn't), I feel the explanation would have been a turn-off. But then I'm from the "less is more" school when it comes to explaining such things. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
Hitchcock: His Talent, Movies, & Legacy
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top