Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Dynasty
CW Dynasty
How should new Dynasty be different?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Daniel Avery" data-source="post: 11770" data-attributes="member: 27"><p>Admittedly I'm not the die-hard fan that others on here are. My thoughts are more general, not detailed plot points or anything.</p><p></p><p>I assume the producers plan to play this totally "straight"--that is, playing it as real people in real lives without winks and nods to the audience or any overtly satirical behavior. I hope they won't go in with this attitude of "Oh, here's something we can change just for the hell of it". I'd only change the things that help tighten up the plotlines or update them for modern times. Frankly I don't think it's imperative they make Krystle into Cristal, but since that seems to be a selling point for the project, I guess we're stuck with it. </p><p></p><p>Obviously a new cast means certain things will automatically be different. Producers can't help but tailor aspects of characters to the strengths of the actors--and in some cases, change the character outline after casting someone. For instance, if they cast an American to play Alexis, they may skip the British accent. This would likely mean Amanda's accent would be optional, as well. It all hinges on who they cast, of course.</p><p></p><p>They need to decide if this will be a soap about business plotlines complicated by family ties, or a soap about family relationships complicated by business struggles. Does that make sense? They need to focus in one area or the other, and not try to have it both ways because all that talk about oil leases and stockholder meetings made my eyes glaze over.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Daniel Avery, post: 11770, member: 27"] Admittedly I'm not the die-hard fan that others on here are. My thoughts are more general, not detailed plot points or anything. I assume the producers plan to play this totally "straight"--that is, playing it as real people in real lives without winks and nods to the audience or any overtly satirical behavior. I hope they won't go in with this attitude of "Oh, here's something we can change just for the hell of it". I'd only change the things that help tighten up the plotlines or update them for modern times. Frankly I don't think it's imperative they make Krystle into Cristal, but since that seems to be a selling point for the project, I guess we're stuck with it. Obviously a new cast means certain things will automatically be different. Producers can't help but tailor aspects of characters to the strengths of the actors--and in some cases, change the character outline after casting someone. For instance, if they cast an American to play Alexis, they may skip the British accent. This would likely mean Amanda's accent would be optional, as well. It all hinges on who they cast, of course. They need to decide if this will be a soap about business plotlines complicated by family ties, or a soap about family relationships complicated by business struggles. Does that make sense? They need to focus in one area or the other, and not try to have it both ways because all that talk about oil leases and stockholder meetings made my eyes glaze over. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Dynasty
CW Dynasty
How should new Dynasty be different?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top