Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Dynasty
CW Dynasty
How should new Dynasty be different?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="stevew" data-source="post: 34349" data-attributes="member: 130"><p>But they don't need to change the name to do that. </p><p></p><p>I don't mind diversity. I think it's a good thing here. Like Falcon Crest was part WASP part Italian immigrants. They had a Black leader of the 13 and Angela's best friend and confident was Asian. Her husband was Greek. I think when they tried to force feed that this Hispanic family was there the whole time, when they had other Hispanic characters, they lost it. The feel should have not been poor me I'm Hispanic. That's not how Peter came off or Cho Lee or anyone else. </p><p></p><p>Krystal already has that poor me I'm just the hired help thing. I'd changed that up if they're going to make her Hispanic. She doesn't have to be super rich, but at least make her middle class and well educated. She can still be the poor outsider. You could make her dad a multimillionaire and she'd still be poor to the Carringtons. </p><p></p><p>I just hope they don't play up the diverse issues - just let it be. So she's Hispanic. Don't make many issue of it. Like I wouldn't make any issue of Steven being gay - beyond Blake accidently killing Ted as that was really a main story line. So Krystal helps Blake co d to terms with his anger, anger at Alexis cheating on him, anger at his son for being gay, at his daughter for being slutty, angry at the person who kidnapped Adam and the people who couldn't find him. Helping him get passed that anger makes him a transformational character without needing to make an issue out of her being Hispanic. Then the diversity I believe will work.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="stevew, post: 34349, member: 130"] But they don't need to change the name to do that. I don't mind diversity. I think it's a good thing here. Like Falcon Crest was part WASP part Italian immigrants. They had a Black leader of the 13 and Angela's best friend and confident was Asian. Her husband was Greek. I think when they tried to force feed that this Hispanic family was there the whole time, when they had other Hispanic characters, they lost it. The feel should have not been poor me I'm Hispanic. That's not how Peter came off or Cho Lee or anyone else. Krystal already has that poor me I'm just the hired help thing. I'd changed that up if they're going to make her Hispanic. She doesn't have to be super rich, but at least make her middle class and well educated. She can still be the poor outsider. You could make her dad a multimillionaire and she'd still be poor to the Carringtons. I just hope they don't play up the diverse issues - just let it be. So she's Hispanic. Don't make many issue of it. Like I wouldn't make any issue of Steven being gay - beyond Blake accidently killing Ted as that was really a main story line. So Krystal helps Blake co d to terms with his anger, anger at Alexis cheating on him, anger at his son for being gay, at his daughter for being slutty, angry at the person who kidnapped Adam and the people who couldn't find him. Helping him get passed that anger makes him a transformational character without needing to make an issue out of her being Hispanic. Then the diversity I believe will work. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
Dynasty
CW Dynasty
How should new Dynasty be different?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top