Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Dynasty
CW Dynasty
How should new Dynasty be different?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="stevew" data-source="post: 34359" data-attributes="member: 130"><p>I think they should explore lots of diversity though I'd keep the Carringtons WASPy. They were like the Bushes to me except they went to CO not TX. Also as if George devoriced Barbara who was was England and more like Barbra Cartland. Could even give them a ME vacation home. Always struck me as funny these rich family's only had one home. </p><p></p><p>As I said I'd move the whole story along fast so the writers could get working on their own stuff, but here are a couple of other ideas:</p><p></p><p>1) Alexis has been a successful business woman for years and married to Cecil for years. The idea she married him on his death bed and just learned to run a billion dollar empire over night was absurd. </p><p></p><p>2) Fallon runs a piece of Blake's empire not just a single hotel, but something that shows she's breaking the glass ceiling too, must just get mother. </p><p></p><p>3) bring stuff up we know about sooner. Mention Blake's heart ache over Adam sooner. Have Alexis an issue before she even shows up. Bring up business deals with Moldova from the start. That kind of thing. </p><p></p><p>4) more Colby's then just Jeff (and Cecil until he dies). I've mentioned this before, I'd make them black from South Africa. I'd have. Colby Industries be a conglomerate in mining, oil, finance, etc. I'd merge the Dominque and Constance Colby characters. I'd bring on Jason once Cecil dies. I'd explore a rivalry between Blake and the Colby boys that goes back to boarding school. </p><p></p><p>5) it was mentioned is it a business show with a family or a family show with the business. Personally I like the business show with the family. But I don't think that's Dynasty. They should go with the family show with the business, but the business should be accurate enough to be plausible. I see the Colby's like the Koch Brothers if Koch industries controlled ExxonMobil. I see the Carringtons like the Bushes if they controlled Halliburton (oil services). Blake a bit Dick Chaneyish. Cecil a bit like Marc Rich. But at the heart of all this are really the family issues.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="stevew, post: 34359, member: 130"] I think they should explore lots of diversity though I'd keep the Carringtons WASPy. They were like the Bushes to me except they went to CO not TX. Also as if George devoriced Barbara who was was England and more like Barbra Cartland. Could even give them a ME vacation home. Always struck me as funny these rich family's only had one home. As I said I'd move the whole story along fast so the writers could get working on their own stuff, but here are a couple of other ideas: 1) Alexis has been a successful business woman for years and married to Cecil for years. The idea she married him on his death bed and just learned to run a billion dollar empire over night was absurd. 2) Fallon runs a piece of Blake's empire not just a single hotel, but something that shows she's breaking the glass ceiling too, must just get mother. 3) bring stuff up we know about sooner. Mention Blake's heart ache over Adam sooner. Have Alexis an issue before she even shows up. Bring up business deals with Moldova from the start. That kind of thing. 4) more Colby's then just Jeff (and Cecil until he dies). I've mentioned this before, I'd make them black from South Africa. I'd have. Colby Industries be a conglomerate in mining, oil, finance, etc. I'd merge the Dominque and Constance Colby characters. I'd bring on Jason once Cecil dies. I'd explore a rivalry between Blake and the Colby boys that goes back to boarding school. 5) it was mentioned is it a business show with a family or a family show with the business. Personally I like the business show with the family. But I don't think that's Dynasty. They should go with the family show with the business, but the business should be accurate enough to be plausible. I see the Colby's like the Koch Brothers if Koch industries controlled ExxonMobil. I see the Carringtons like the Bushes if they controlled Halliburton (oil services). Blake a bit Dick Chaneyish. Cecil a bit like Marc Rich. But at the heart of all this are really the family issues. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
Dynasty
CW Dynasty
How should new Dynasty be different?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top